Clubplanet Nightlife Community

heroin

hroark

god, if you are not afraid of H then you are a total idiot.

While it may not be as bad as portrayed (Im sure there are plenty of recreational users or functioning addicts.) it is still way the fuck over my line of risk vs reward.

side note: I remember reading that 55% of people who use H are addicted to it, as opposed to 85% of people who use nicotine!

But that does mean if you start using you are more likely than not to become addicted to it, and from what I hear, it just consumes everything else in your life.

I am not afraid of H- I am disgusted by it.

I will admit, I tried it twice. It was there, and I'm a very curious girl. I was a little bit older and past my "let me do as much of every drug I can get my hands on!" phase, so I knew that it was very unlikely I would go overboard with it. I don't even know why I did it the second time- b/c I hated it the first.

Anyway- it made me think of terminal illness. As in- if I were terminally ill, and had to be put on a morphine drip or something- that is how I would feel for the rest of my existance. I felt queasy and sleepy. Not euphoric at all. Maybe it just wasn't enough or whatever- but I have no desire to test that theory. "Dope" is the perfect word, as "dopey" is the perfect description of how you feel.

I think that anyone who becomes addicted to that shit must have some major demons they're desperately trying to escape from.

Originally posted by tastyt

I am not afraid of H- I am disgusted by it.

I will admit, I tried it twice. It was there, and I'm a very curious girl. I was a little bit older and past my "let me do as much of every drug I can get my hands on!" phase, so I knew that it was very unlikely I would go overboard with it. I don't even know why I did it the second time- b/c I hated it the first.

Anyway- it made me think of terminal illness. As in- if I were terminally ill, and had to be put on a morphine drip or something- that is how I would feel for the rest of my existance. I felt queasy and sleepy. Not euphoric at all. Maybe it just wasn't enough or whatever- but I have no desire to test that theory. "Dope" is the perfect word, as "dopey" is the perfect description of how you feel.

I think that anyone who becomes addicted to that shit must have some major demons they're desperately trying to escape from.

How did you take it?

i know a few people who've tried it, and my ex's sister got addicted to it.

those who i've asked have said they wouldn't do it again because it made experiencing the world sober a little bit less exciting/beautiful/desirable... and they didn't want to live their lives always wishing things would be like they are when 'up' on heroin. i guess that's what happens when you become addicted to any drug: being sober just isn't as fun anymore.

i think everyone mentioned feeling queasy or throwing up at the beginning of their experiences.

my ex's sister went from being a sweet, adventurous 20 year old to being a nasty, lying, deceitful thief who stole from her own family to get the drug. she got off H but now she's addicted to oxy and remains a nasty, lying, deceitful thief. :/

Originally posted by jimk29

How did you take it?

Sniffing

Originally posted by wideskies

those who i've asked have said they wouldn't do it again because it made experiencing the world sober a little bit less exciting/beautiful/desirable...

LOL, I felt the exact opposite way.

That is actually a lot more dangerous than injecting it.

How so? :confused:

Edit: And you can't forget about the dangers of needles regardless of what substance is in them. (Requiem is the first thing that springs to mind. :yuck: )

well, the responses are quite different than the way they portray it in trainspotting for example. anyway, seen too many people - good people - mess up their lives. just makes me think: what is so great about this drug that makes people give up so much to have it?

How so? :confused:

Edit: And you can't forget about the dangers of needles regardless of what substance is in them. (Requiem is the first thing that springs to mind. :yuck: )

Because the margin to od is smaller, because when you inject it goes through the bloodstream so it spreads more through the body as opposed to snorting it goes instantly to one localized location.

Because the margin to od is smaller, because when you inject it goes through the bloodstream so it spreads more through the body as opposed to snorting it goes instantly to one localized location.

Interesting. Does that hold true for other substances? I always thought that it was much more dangerous to inject anything- esp. something like coke or crystal. Or is that b/c they're stimulants???

Interesting. Does that hold true for other substances? I always thought that it was much more dangerous to inject anything- esp. something like coke or crystal. Or is that b/c they're stimulants???

I am not sure about other substances, I know coke is very dangerous to inject. freebasing is really dangerous too, moreso than snorting.

heroin was created by accident in a pharmaceutical lab. the company? bayer. i forget the specifics, but basically these doctors found that by combining certain substances it gave an instant relief, which was unheard of back then.

it was also used during the civil war by doctors and nurses to help soldiers "forget" about what they were doing and keep them numb from the tragedy of war...

Originally posted by hroark

has ayone ever tried this? like what does it do - i'm deathly afraid of this drug...

be afraid of this drug, its the worst drug, and i wish it could be banished from the planet, i had a vvery close friend use it on and off occaison for about a couple of months, he hurt himself during work and took a couple of months off, in that matter of time he went from every weekend to everyday, went into his backsugery high,started doing 10 bags a day, to eventual injecting it. he lives on the border of nassau and suffolk, he would drive to brooklyn 4 or 5 times a day. he ones genuinley one of the sweetest guys i knew. he ended up trying to get all our friends and everyone else he met to try it just so they could get addicted so he could get more for himself. the drugs disgusting, all you do is itch your face and puke. and it takes twice more the next day to get you high. you crave it soo quickly. i don't even talk to this kid anymore, but truthful, the next thing i ever hear about him is where his funerals gonna be. he has No hope of being clean.it takes over EVRYTHING in your life. just stick to pot.

H is pretty much the only thing i would never touch. If you ever feel the urge, just watch requiem for a dream, or any of the million documentaries on H junkies.

Heroin is something you try in order to have more fun with your life, and then it becomes your life.

Originally posted by kitty19

heroin was created by accident in a pharmaceutical lab. the company? bayer. i forget the specifics, but basically these doctors found that by combining certain substances it gave an instant relief, which was unheard of back then.

it was also used during the civil war by doctors and nurses to help soldiers "forget" about what they were doing and keep them numb from the tragedy of war...

I think heroin is a natural derivitive of opium, found in poppies. There may be some chemical synthesis used in manufacturing the stuff sold on the streets, but it, along with opium, morphine, etc. are all organic in nature. I can understand morphine being created in a lab, but I don't think heroin is.

Originally posted by lizard23

I think heroin is a natural derivitive of opium, found in poppies. There may be some chemical synthesis used in manufacturing the stuff sold on the streets, but it, along with opium, morphine, etc. are all organic in nature. I can understand morphine being created in a lab, but I don't think heroin is.

It is derived from opium.

It is derived from opium.

And it was created as a "cure" for opium addiction. Then it was discovered that heroine is much more addictive than opium. So they created methadone to help people get off of heroine... and then it was discovered that methadone is more addictive than heroine. :screwy: