Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox at De La Guarda last nite

OMG,

I was at this show called De La Guarda tnite with Josh Winx special guest, and who do I spot standing by himself. CARL COX! So me and my friend go up to him say whats up, took pic blah blah blah. Nice guy to talk to by the way.

Thennnn, during the show, there are the performers like bunjee jumping from the ceiling and doing all this awesome shit on ropes to techno beats, and all of the sudden, I see Mr. Cox suspended 30 feet in the air, flying around with another person in the show. It was hilarious cuz he's a big guy and it looked like they needed an extra harness or too to hoist him up there. The crowd went bananas tho.

I thought it was pretty cool to see a superstar dj hang out with the crowd and have fun like that.

I asked him what he thought about spinning in NY, he said he loved it but theres no where else to play anymore. :( Buuuuut, he said that will all be changing as soon as crobar opens, so that sounded promising.

if anyone wants to check out this show, I def recommend. It very interactive...electronic beats....cool lights...people spray water on you to keep cool...awesome vibe.

www.delaguarda.dj

ENJOY. I will post the pic soon, if i can figure out how to do it.

that's awesome!

I didn't really understand the concept behind the show when I first heard about it and I was wondering who would pay $50 on a Thursday night to hear Josh Wink spin for 2 hours. I did more research into it, and it definitely sounds like an amazing show.

That's amazing that Coxy was there to check the show out. I was thinking that they'd be competing for the crowd that night but I guess you got the best of BOTH worlds. I'm insanely jealous!

Post the pictures so I can see what the real deal is with the show.

Originally posted by maximman

that's awesome!

I didn't really understand the concept behind the show when I first heard about it and I was wondering who would pay $50 on a Thursday night to hear Josh Wink spin for 2 hours. I did more research into it, and it definitely sounds like an amazing show.

That's amazing that Coxy was there to check the show out. I was thinking that they'd be competing for the crowd that night but I guess you got the best of BOTH worlds. I'm insanely jealous!

Post the pictures so I can see what the real deal is with the show.

heh, when someone told me about the show, I was asking all these questions, and he was like "i can't really explain it, just go" so I know where your coming from.

Here is the best explanation I can come up with. It is a very musically based production with ALOT of aerial stunts and a some sort of symbolic tribal theme. Arial stunts being people flying across the room in attached with harnesses and bunjee ropes and all of this choreographed to music. They do alot of visuals and climactic scenes that are very cool. There is live singing and drumming to amazing beats, alot of it being symbolic, but most went over my head since I think it was in Portuguese. The performers were awesome too. They really try to work the crowd. They come down into the audience and entice and dance with everyone..very cool

Then the special treat is on thursdays, they have special guest djs who spin mini sets during the show. I happened to go for Josh Wink but its different every Thurs. If you click on the website I posted b4, you can find the link that has the list of djs and brings the price down from 55 to $35.

All I can say is def check it out. For $35 it is very cool. I think everyone into electronic music and an open mind will like.

ps. seeing cox there made the night. what a crazy animal. I only have the pic of me and him b/c they didnt allow you to take pictures during the show and my camera would have got fucked up from all the water. hopefully i can post it. :D