Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox Review

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Gotta go to bed now. Nice seeing half of CP representing... definitely nice to see those of you whom I haven't seen in a while, and my god the abuse Carl put my body.

Someone else fill in the gaps, I gotta pass out.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alls i can say is: HOLY FUCK. he came out pounding and never stopped. intercutting seriously hard techno with funky cutups, blends and bootlegs of classics over the hard-as-nails 4/4. one of the best sets i've ever seen at centrofly.... the soundsystem was apparently set to "11" (obscure spinal tap reference) because my ears are ringing like crazy....

the crowd was a little too guido'd out for my taste, but that's ok... i left at 4:something, got home took a shower and went straight to work. i'm TIRED!!!!!!!

oh well... what an amazing night - major props to centrofly and urban for putting this one on.

peaz,

rob

All I CAN SAY IS THAT EVERY MINUTE OF last night was SICKKKK.

Who was spinning before Cox last night ? does anyone know his name?

HE WAS AWESOME .. he got the party started off right and kept me dancing and in a great mood.

And of course Carl Cox ripped up some more and kept the crowd very HAPPY.

The club was packed by 12:00 and it was hard to dance and move around which sucked but what I expected that. Thank God for that huge fan!! That thing was great!

I haven't had fun like that in a long ass time...a bit crowded but everyone was vibing off those crazy beats so I didn't even care....

I can't remember the dude who opened but damnnnn :eek: what a way to get pumped up for Cox...nice and funky!!!!

Nice to see people out...Cox simply cannot disappoint me ever!! One hell of a night..

RIDICULOUS. Trying to ID tracks with this man is damn near impossible. He had the three decks going all night. Cox throws down tech the way it should be done--BANGING BEATS. My only complaint was that the set was wayyyyyyyy too short. I'd die to hear this man on ARC's Phazon. :eek: :eek: :eek:

All i know is i am sitting in front of my computer at work with not a minute of sleep. My ears are ringing and i have no idea what the hell is going on. This is going to be one tough day. I think i will lay down somewhere on the streets cause i am beat. Last night was Sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk so i got that still in my head.

last night was unreal!

im still in shock!

thank you everyone for coming out and being so up for it...last night definitely goes down as one of the best parties I have ever thrown. Wait till you guys see th epics I took tomorrow when I upload them :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

yeah i finally understood the way he uses the 3 deck thing... the a capella vocals on one, and two beats he can use to sculpt an online remix, or to transition out of the blend. it all makes sense to me now. definitely an amazing party....

sick sick ass night...i walked in the club around midnight and you could hear the whole club just buzzing waiting for the legend to come on and totally rip the place apart. i havent felt a vibe like that since i was in ibiza

two little complaints..

1) how come there was no microphone

2) where were all the carl cox heads hanging from the ceiling

someone get justin nichols a residency! NO SERIOUSLY JUSTIN NICHOLS NEEDS A RESIDENCY!!!! ....he was layin down the funkiest shit ever...from the moment i got in...til the moment i left i didnt stop moving....i was drennnnnnnched!!

is it possible for Carl Cox to dissapoint??? has anyone ever heard a whack set from him? This guy is trullllyyyyyyyyyyy amazing...

muchhhh love to andy and his crew for putting this together...i havent had a night like this in a long time...and every single moment was amazing....

yo........after he dropped Tomaz vs. Filterheadz - SUSHINE..and then uses the 3rd deck to mix Armins Funk Phenomenon but just the vocal sample to tease the crowd....i thought i was gona lose my fuckin mind....he even dropped Deluxe's JUST WONT DO!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! he was lookin to put a hurtin on us...

MUCH PROPS TO CENTRO...MUCH PROPS TO NICHOLS...MUCH PROPS TO COX.......C U GUYS JULY 3rd for DIGGGGGERS!!!

Originally posted by thefunkphenom

Definately 2 hot and 2 packed but the music mde up for it.....I heard him at roxy in october and he definately beat his performance........He is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! :D

lookin @ ur screen name....i knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww u heard that vocal sample of funkphenomenon!!

I also thought the opening DJ was good as well. I got there around 11pm and stood till about 5am. Carl Cox was great i was really feeling most of his tracks, and his energy from the booth was great to see every once in a while. Me and my friends were dancin so hard and when we would get tired we would walk around the club and feed off everbody elses energy. Defintely a great crowd one of the best crowds i have ever seen in my life. And thats the most ive ever seen CENTRO FLY pack like that. Im sure people will yell at me for this but, i think DANNY TENAGLIA is a much better DJ hes still my fave. Dont get me wronf COX was amazing. I was so soaked in sweat and not just my on but it was worth it. There were alot of great people in the crowd and thank god not alot of DRAGON BALL Z guys and people who dance the same. At least i didnt see them. The best dancers in that whole club had to have been these 2 girls i met their bothsisters with the letter M, the M TWINS lol. They were amazing. Anyhow eveybody ho was there knows what i mean. Thank god for those yohoo drnks outside i took me like 3cans. Shit without that i dont know if i wouldve made it to the train station.

Originally posted by silverbull

Im sure people will yell at me for this but, i think DANNY TENAGLIA is a much better DJ hes still my fave. Dont get me wronf COX was amazing.

I wouldn't say better....there are way too different to compare....but people have their opinions...

Silver,

Good point, Justin Nichols did a GREAT job opening for Carl Cox, as he's done in the past.

Props to Gaby from Astro&Glyde who closed the night out.

DT vs CC? Two different styles... but you have to give Carl the one up on nuttiness and energy in the booth I think.

Without a doubt DT is one of the finest producers and remixers ever to hit dance music.

One thing is for sure, Cox is a technical MASTER - He was the first documented DJ to ever use 3 tables and I have to tell you, last night all 3 tables were spinning as he was rocking out the club.

And for attendance, we had a great night but nothing compares to New Years and Digweed at Thanksgiving.

Much love to Carl Cox !

i think DANNY TENAGLIA is a much better DJ hes still my fave.

yo that's like comparing apples and pop tarts. two different djs entirely.

but did anyone else get the feeling that the opener had this whole danny tenaglia @ the tunnel afterhours 1997 feel? a lot of cutups and references to trax i listened to back then but couldn't possibly id. it was cool.

last nite was the first time i've seen carl cox spin, and i came to the realization that he is no ordinary man- he's a fuckin ANIMAL....if i had to describe his set in one word, it'd have to be- abusive!! he was puttin a serious hurtin on the crowd...i couldnt stop dancin the whole night, it was one hot track after another...the club was way to packed, but it just added to the atmosphere...i've never seen a dj feed off the crowd like that...every time we got all amped up, he would get twice as excited, yellin and jumpin around the booth...siiick

I also thought the opening DJ was good as well. I got there There were alot of great people in the crowd and thank god not alot of DRAGON BALL Z guys and people who dance the same. At least i didnt see them. The best dancers in that whole club had to have been these 2 girls i met their bothsisters with the letter M, the M TWINS lol. They were amazing. Anyhow eveybody ho was there knows what i mean. .

I don't know about dragon ball z style, but, i saw maybe a couple of good dancers there, this one asian dancer had some nice liquid moves, but the people with the glowsticks kinda scared me....didn't see these twins, but i did leave early which sucks. What type of style do you have silver bull?

just popped in to say hi i saw some CP heads out last night, COX is amazing, best fucking party i have been to in a while. mangled ! nasty dirty beats holy fuck !

nice to see u CP heads always a friendly bunch :D

i couldnt believe the old school CP heads from liek 5-6 years ago all chillin out ! fuckin awesome !