Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm going to Dance Valley!

many, many thanks for all the input

I've been to Europe a number of time (UK, Spain, France and Italy), but never in Holland.

It's alway good to hear from somebody that has been there before - it helps a lot.

RT flight from JFK->Schiphol: $605 from orbitz.com (though i think this rate is gone now)

Four nights in 3* hotel: $200 (as of last week's x-rate)

DV tix are about $75, but i got maaaah comps :)

Coffeeshops: ~~~~ $20/day

all prices are per person, except for the coffeeshop thing...

i'm still budgeting the paris and rome section of the trip.

Originally posted by dialectics

RT flight from JFK->Schiphol: $605 from orbitz.com (though i think this rate is gone now)

Four nights in 3* hotel: $200 (as of last week's x-rate)

DV tix are about $75, but i got maaaah comps :)

Coffeeshops: ~~~~ $20/day

all prices are per person, except for the coffeeshop thing...

i'm still budgeting the paris and rome section of the trip.

How did you get in touch with the Dance Valley guys? I had their email, but haven't been able to get a response from them.

Not sure if buying tickets makes sense since that site is in Amsterdam and I have no idea if they'll ship tickets...

Originally posted by DaVe

How did you get in touch with the Dance Valley guys? I had their email, but haven't been able to get a response from them.

DaVe:

I'll explain in a pm.

If you want to buy a ticket, they will ship to the US from ticketservice.nl, although i would do it quickly because it takes about 2 weeks to get here. my friends got theirs pretty quickly

last year they were still selling tickets even on the day of the festival.... which was kind of odd considering they said they only limited themselves to 40,000 tickets... as evidence to the contrary, i provide you with this picture and this one too. There had to have been 40,000 at the hard dance stage alone.

You can buy tickets in amsterdam at the 222 coffeeshop (222 oudzijs voorburgwal). while you're there, the white widow will knock you out of time, though its a little too heavy on the head for my tastes. the best part is that they have decks set up and a lot of the local djs come by to pick up their weed or take care of some dancevalley business and play a set for us. Once I heard JP!!!!!!! (not jonathan peters). the walls are even painted to look like the dancevalley festival grounds.

often drum n bass is heard next door at the bulldog, although we haven't had much luck with their mushrooms - try conscious dreams instead, they have 6 different kinds, categorized by their effect instead of some obscure meaningless labeling based on country of origin.

I have never stayed in greenhouse effect, but IMHO they have some of the best herbals the coffeeshop circuit has to offer. My i recommend the AK-47? This crazy nut job with dreads down to his ankles dispenses it with a candy scooper. the coffeeshop part is small and dark though, so also on oudezijs voorburgwal they have the "greenhouse centrum", which lets you sit outside and smoke cafe-style!!!!!!!

The complete line up:

Main Stage

Tiësto, Sister Bliss, Junkie XL (live), Marco V, Armin van Buuren, Bad Boy Bill, Johan Gielen, Laidback Luke, Nick K, Marcella.

Global Stage:

Carl Cox, Michel de Hey, Derrick May vs Kevin Saunderson, Monika Kruse, Jack de Marseille, Renato Cohen, Secret Cinema (live), Shinedoe, Will Grant.

Hard Dance Stage:

Yoji Biomehanika, Dana, Tom Harding, JP, Derb vs Scot Project, Organ Donors (live) S.H.O.K.K., Steve Hill, Lisa Lashes, Andy Farley, Dave Randall, Rossi vs Danny D.

Bedrock vs Excession Arena:

Sasha & John Digweed, Jimmy van M, Sander Kleinenberg, Chris Fortier, Hybrid (live), James Zabiela, Fred Numf, Per, Jonathan Lisle.

Loveland Arena:

Deep Dish, Vitalic (live), Sebastien Leger, Remy, Nicolas Vallee (live), Kiko, Marnix, Brian S, Behrouz, Godard, Roog.

Impulz Arena:

Ferry Corsten, Cor Fijneman, Jean, Don Diablo, Astrid, Misja Helsloot, 303F (live), Jurgen, Johan Cyber, On The Wire (live), Ton TB.

Batbeats:

Snowboy (live), Truby Trio, Bossa Tres Jazz Featuring: Tom & Joyce (live) / Yellow / Gregory,

Cassie6, Svendex, D-Rashid featuring Andrei Russo.

Concept Arena:

Filterheadz (live), Umek, Erick E, Angelo, Dimitri, Tom de Neef, 100% Isis, Lucien Foort, Victor Coral, Montana, Benny Rodriguez, MC Lanesra.

Ultimate Breaks Area:

Roni Size, Drummatic Twins, Ellis Dee, Freq Nasty, L Dopa, Mad Ed, Dab, L-Ende.

Electro Area:

John Selway, Kagami, Chicken Lips, Terry Toner (live), Terry Toner vs Herr Arter, Whiplash, Dion.

Timeless Area:

Chuckie, Kid, Orlando, Real el Canario, Frank, Otmar, Irwan, MC Pryme & MC Murth The Man-O-Script.

Pin Up Area:

Joost van Bellen, Javier Navines, David Mas, Kareem Raihani, Cesar Lores, MarySol, Prinz, Alex Arnout, Toni Bass.

UDC Member Area:

Dazzle, Mark van Dale, Jess-y-Lin, Hoes Junior, Jeff Bounce, Jair, Jonas Braun, Kaufman, Pedro, Moreland, Roger Stock.

Chill on the Hill:

Lenny Ibizarre, Ambient Daan, Camiel (live), Odd Bod, Artefact (live), Ekanta, Mind, Tommy. Entrance Area: Matthew Deekay, Dame, Alan Luna, Barth Hendrix.

Namaste TeePee Village:

Satyr & Shaktycat, Zen, Vacio, Hepcat, Bass80, La Nebuleuse, Danyel, Fatman, E-Fans.

if i was there i would be so overwhelmed with the great music that i would probably have a coniption (sp?)... looks fucking ILL

I'm staying at the Greenhouse Effect in Amsterdam. Part hotel/hostel/bar/coffee shop. They have these cool themed rooms...

http://www.greenhouse-effect.nl/

fluo01.jpg

tropicaldream01.jpg

arabiannights03.jpg

nice rooms...but that area is a bit shady....

I usually stay on Damrak Street right by the centraal station(Swissotel is pretty good & clean) & the Crown Plaza was excellent ...all the other hotels ive stayed in were pretty GROSS!!!!

ohhh...& definetely get ur tix fast....they ALWAYS SELL OUT!!!

and go to a coffe shop named "BARNY'S" definetely has the BEST MENU!!!! Sugar Tooth rulezzzzzz!!!!!!

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

nice rooms...but that area is a bit shady....

it is on the top of the red light district, near all of the head shops and things. it gets REALLY packed at night.

and go to a coffe shop named "BARNY'S" definetely has the BEST MENU!!!! Sugar Tooth rulezzzzzz!!!!!!

oh dear god how could i forget that one? it was (literally) MADE for wake-and-bakers, since they open really early and have a full breakfast menu.