Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sexybabydee

atomicapples

Originally posted by linabina

and weyes... i dont think its literally if u abstain again then ur actually considered a virgin again.. its just the concept of having sex... then for whatever reason the person feels, they stop. i dont know why this is such a hard concept to understand. dont take it so literally.

its simply only what i said above. if i had to give it an exact definition: someone, whom after losing their virginity and engages in sexual intercourse, decides later on, for whatever reason unique to the individual, that they want to abstain from the act.

i think the term "born again virgin" denigrates those who have had sex, implying that virginity is all that's respectable. it also insinuates that having had sex was a mistake about which one should feel ashamed, not a choice that someone may have learned from (or, heaven forbid, enjoyed, at the time).

there is nothing wrong with abstinence, and that is not only more truthful, but as admirable as what this term we're discussing is supposed to mean.

Well, i know a girl who got wrapped up in the drug/rave seen for a couple of years, and had sex with some guys that she now regrets.

She has made the decision now to wait until marriage, or when she finds true love to have sex again.

That, to me, could qualify as a born-again virgin.

It in no way is made to denigrate people who have sex. It is simply a person's own private decision, based on their experience and beliefs, on choosing to wait after they had done it, for whatever reasons they believe justifies it.

Originally posted by weyes

i think the term "born again virgin" denigrates those who have had sex, implying that virginity is all that's respectable. it also insinuates that having had sex was a mistake about which one should feel ashamed, not a choice that someone may have learned from (or, heaven forbid, enjoyed, at the time).

there is nothing wrong with abstinence, and that is not only more truthful, but as admirable as what this term we're discussing is supposed to mean.

There are a *lot* of things that irk me about the term.

If you've lost your virginity and then decide to abstain until marriage (or whenever) that's fine. But born-again virgin... sounds a bit like denial to me. It's like virginity is some *prize* which they've lost. And think that by using some stupd made-up term it's going to come back or something. :rolleyes:

Let's get real. You can't just sweep your past under the carpet. Call a spade a spade- that term reeks of crapola. :blank:

Originally posted by tastyt

...It's like virginity is some *prize* which they've lost...

this is what i find so offensive about the term. having sex is not something to be ashamed of. one feeling that s/he needs to call him/herself a "born-again virgin" is just sending oneself down a self-hating shame spiral, actually staying in the past, and not moving on to the future.

Originally posted by tastyt

There are a *lot* of things that irk me about the term.

If you've lost your virginity and then decide to abstain until marriage (or whenever) that's fine. But born-again virgin... sounds a bit like denial to me. It's like virginity is some *prize* which they've lost. And think that by using some stupd made-up term it's going to come back or something. :rolleyes:

Let's get real. You can't just sweep your past under the carpet. Call a spade a spade- that term reeks of crapola. :blank:

:aright: tell em how it is...

born again virgin = garbage...ridiculous:laugh: :laugh:

the only girls i know who claim to be born again virgins...

are old sluts... who are disgusted with themselves...

tryin to gain respect with a word...

a bullshit word that holds too much value...

let it gooooooooooooooooooo...

only an insecure guy would care if you are a virgin anyway...

if you can't deal with your past... stop it...

and if you only had sex a couple times...

you still a virgin...

as far as i'm concerned...:D