Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my july 4th thread

whatup all.

my first 4th of july in dc and i think i'm going to baltimore instead (sorry walker. . .) anyways, i was reading the other 4th of july thread and couldn't figure out what you all are talking about. whats the deal w/this weekend? i know of: richie & magda in baltimore on the 4th, walker/sander kleinenberg at buzz same night. . .there's more?

and why didn't i see any of you at the matthew dear party last weekend? :tongue: he did a lovely live PA for an hour and a half straight!

i don't know if she's a resident, but you all must check out analog tara at the black cat's girl friday party (don't ask). bob describes her as the "female jeff mills".

those going to see richie raise your hands.

:)

Originally posted by scratchapella

whatup all.

my first 4th of july in dc and i think i'm going to baltimore instead (sorry walker. . .) anyways, i was reading the other 4th of july thread and couldn't figure out what you all are talking about. whats the deal w/this weekend? i know of: richie & magda in baltimore on the 4th, walker/sander kleinenberg at buzz same night. . .there's more?

and why didn't i see any of you at the matthew dear party last weekend? :tongue: he did a lovely live PA for an hour and a half straight!

i don't know if she's a resident, but you all must check out analog tara at the black cat's girl friday party (don't ask). bob describes her as the "female jeff mills".

those going to see richie raise your hands.

:)

Forget about the music. :tongue: How have you been? Are you back for good?

Hey whats up! You're actually gonna go out for July 4th? ;)

I think we might actually drive down from NYC on Friday, and go to Richie. What time are you going to Sonar?

BTW, you should come to Saki tomorrow night - DCNC fundraiser.

first of all, oh-bbah, i love the sig ("I'm Asian. I'm smart by default. Everything you see today I blame on the drugs.")

i'm back for good. . .another year at the very least. . .i've been good. . .busy, working, recovering. . .poor. . .:D

forget about the music? i have. . .almost. . .the entire year i was in asia. . .the scene there is hella small, immature. . .mostly expats from europe/australia importing their "continental" crap to the big asian cities. . .so i learned a lot more about hip hop. . .the first ever asian DMC world champion, dj kentaro, did an exhibition in beijing. . . hip hop is large over there (esp. japan and korea), so much so that the chinese kids i talked to thought hip hop was invented in korea! :tongue:

first of all, oh-bbah, i love the sig ("I'm Asian. I'm smart by default. Everything you see today I blame on the drugs.")

i'm back for good. . .another year at the very least. . .i've been good. . .busy, working, recovering. . .poor. . .:D

forget about the music? i have. . .almost. . .the entire year i was in asia. . .the scene there is hella small, immature. . .mostly expats from europe/australia importing their "continental" crap to the big asian cities. . .so i learned a lot more about hip hop. . .the first ever asian DMC world champion, dj kentaro, did an exhibition in beijing. . . hip hop is large over there (esp. japan and korea), so much so that the chinese kids i talked to thought hip hop was invented in korea! :tongue:

Clap%20Hands.gif Awww. I love when you call me oh-bbah. :D

Did you manage to stay SARS-free out there? :shaky:

Originally posted by raver_mania

Hey whats up! You're actually gonna go out for July 4th? ;)

I think we might actually drive down from NYC on Friday, and go to Richie. What time are you going to Sonar?

BTW, you should come to Saki tomorrow night - DCNC fundraiser.

not like i ever hear from you mofos. . . .:tongue:

(actually, i was considering staying in and smoking myself silly till the fireworks started :D )

Saki? is that the new japanese joint in adams morgan? more info please

Guest jroo

whats up suga!!!!! i hope you had a good time while you were gone! and i hope that you have an even better time now that you're back!

word. :)

krish! clean out your mail box!

i'll find out the set times and email them to you. let me know when your plans are set.

Done! I'm pretty sure we're going...what time are you thinking of going?

hey! scratch is back!!

whats up girl? seems like you just left.

you gotta come down to the buzz party on the 4th. walker and i are both playing.

are you living in dc now?

do you have the asian suntan? (that is- tan face, excpet where the SARS mask sits over your mouth):D