Post Your Work Out Routine Here.

Week 1

Mon- Chest, abs

Tues- Shoulder, Legs

Wed- Bi's Tri's Abs

Thurs- off

Fri- Forearms, back, abs

Sat-off

Sun- heavy ab workout, cardio machines but not much im only 140 pds and my cardio is fine

Week 2

Mon- Chest, Back

Tues- Legs and Abs

Wed -Shoulder and Tris

Thurs- Bis,abs

Fri-off

Sat- Heavy ab workout

Sun- Off

Week 3

Mon- Chest, Tris, abs

Tues-Legs

Wed- Shoulder,abs

Thurs- Bis, back

Fri- off

Sat - Heavy abs

Sun-off

for chest one month heavy weight less reps the next month moderate weight more reps

do i pair up body parts to differently? because like ill do my back and then i wont do it for another 10 days should i just stick to 2 weeks instead of 3 weeks of diff. pairings?

Also when it comes do supersetting how often? one more question sorryyy....for people who burnout(at the end of a given workout u do reps till failure) do you burnout at the end of every workout or every exercise? thanks for the feedback

matt

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

do i pair up body parts to differently? because like ill do my back and then i wont do it for another 10 days should i just stick to 2 weeks instead of 3 weeks of diff. pairings?

Also when it comes do supersetting how often? one more question sorryyy....for people who burnout(at the end of a given workout u do reps till failure) do you burnout at the end of every workout or every exercise? thanks for the feedback

matt

With my last training schedule I would do a drop set on my last set of every exercise.

Example - Bench Press -

Warm up - 135 - 15 - 20 reps

Set 1 - 225 - 15 Reps

Set 2 - 275 - 10 Reps

Set 3 - 315 - 6 - 8 Reps

Set 4 - 360 - 2 - 4 Reps

Set 5 - 255 - Till Failure

But my flat bench was the only exercise that I would to that many sets. After that is was strictly 4 Sets per exercise with the same Pyramid and a drop set at the end with no rest in between last set and drop set.

As far as Days rest. During my normal schedul I personally give 5 to 7 days rest per body part. To each his own. There are so many different stories. One says less time than that. Others say that is not enough time.

But I am off that Schedule now. I am going to try Circuit training for a little while to see if I can get more cuts and lose some body fat.

In my opinion it is good to keep the muscles constantly guessing so changing the body parts that you are working each week together isn't such a bad idea. Just make sure a shoulder day is not the day after a chest or Tri's day being you are using alot of the same muscles. And they wont be getting enough rest.

My gym routines start on monday...

Monday : Back of the neck presses, Bench press and tri-workouts

Tuesday: I slack off and relax the muscles

Wednesday: Cardio (full blown) I gotta... for my mountain biking conditioning.

Thursday: I work the biceps.. curl ups etc. and the back. on occasion I over do it and incorporate quad stuff :D

Friday: Leg presses galore, incline presses, and work off the tummy (gotta keep the spare tire away)

Saturday: warm up with cardio and do a lil bit of everything minus sit-ups. (they nail my ass everytime.)

Sunday: workout like there aint tomorrow, I do bench presses, curls, back, insert a lil cardio.......take a 20 minute break and come bak for wide chest presses. Thats why mondays are exceptionally tortuorous for me. But I'm used to it...

Monday(again)...I mix it all up. same as for the rest of the week..:)

Originally posted by rdancer

Being fat is fine, as long as its a healthy fat.

That's true. I eat a ton of olive oil, corn oil, vegetable oil, saturated and unsaturated fat. It's all good. I actually went from 350 to 260 lbs. in 2 months by eating no carbs (I cut out the Twinkees) and just living on beef and olives.

Originally posted by wideskies

what do you eat to up your fiber, btw?

Kellogs extra bran w/ a cup of fruit = about 18 grams of fiber

the rest is made up from, a salad, bean soup, apples, melba toasts/whole wheat bread, and any other high fiber food.

Work your way up to 30 grams a day over the course of a few weeks, so you won't get cramps. If you sit on your ass, but eat that much fiber, you will lose an average of 13 lbs a year. Fiber is my miracle weight loss tool

Someclown is on th Atkins diet (noooo, really?), which cases incredible strain on your kidneys, known as ketosis. Great to lose a few pounds, but very bad in the long run. besides, it gives you the worst halitosis in the world, not so great to pick up the ladies. But let me guess, someclown probably didn't read that part in "the new diet revolution", did you?

there is only one way to lose weight...the old fashioned way. Everything else is for people who are too lazy to try something challenging and rewarding.

Originally posted by linabina

agreed.

I agree also. Losing weight is a very simple mathematical equation....What you take in vs. what you burn.....To lose, cut back slightly on calorie intake, and exercise - walk, lift weights, etc....!

Sun

soccer

Mon

soccer

Tues

soccer

Weds

back/bi's

-close grip pull downs

-bent over rows

-pull ups

-cable curls

-preacher curls

-dumbell curls

(i like curls :) )

Thurs

chest/tri's

-flat bench

-close grip bench

-incline bench

-cable pushdowns

-french press

Fri

legs

-leg press

-leg curls

-leg ext

limited partying :)

Saturday

relax and party :)

all exc include 4 sets of 8 reps, with the first set of everything being a warmup set. i tend to superset as well, it gives me a good pump and personally i feel i get more out of my workouts than when i rest between sets. i tend to go high weight for low reps, which supports size and strength gains.

diet includes a whole lotta chicken and salad, cottage cheese, oatmeal, eggs, rice/starches and a TON of water.

supplements include: protein shakes, creatine, glutamine and a good zinc/magnesium dosage along with a multivitamin before bed.

stay away from caffeine, it negates any gains you get from creatine, and also weakens your bones.

also, stretching ALONE, with no lifting, has been proven to increase STRENGTH by up to 15% in a recent Men's Health article. combine that with a good weight training regimen and you'll end up bigger and stronger than the other guys doing the same routine.

the biggest factor in lifting (for me) is preparation and recovery. make sure you have the energy and resources to get a great workout, then take care of your body and replenish whats been stripped from it by eating/supplementing afterwards.

my .02$

lol i was waiting for that, i quit squatting after i caught my foot on the rug as i was backing away from the rack about 3 years ago, had a ton of weight on it, i jerked my body to keep from falling, and was out of work for 2 weeks.... i know its one of the best full body workouts you can do, but im scarred :(

Originally posted by frank4g63

lol i was waiting for that, i quit squatting after i caught my foot on the rug as i was backing away from the rack about 3 years ago, had a ton of weight on it, i jerked my body to keep from falling, and was out of work for 2 weeks.... i know its one of the best full body workouts you can do, but im scarred :(

Damn, what kind of gym keeps a rug under its squat rack???

If they know about your injury, you can probably talk them into putting down some matting that nobody can trip over... it's in their own best interest, too... :aright:

well the whole gym had carpeting (not actaully a 'rug' sorry) on the whole floor but around like 6 inches from the wall, all the way around the room... the rack was close to the wall, right on the fringe, i backed off of the rack and the fringe was loose, catching on the back of one of my sneakers. i didnt go down, but my whole body jerked, and that was enough to do it... btw - this was a military facility - so it wasnt the best gym on the planet hehe... so anyway, i may start doing squats again, but im in no rush :)

day 1 chest

flat bench

incline bench

wieghted dips

day 2 back

pullups/ pulldown

row

Shrugs

day3 shoulders

barbell shoulder press (behind the neck)

arnolds

latteral cable raise

day 4 legs

squat

dead

(6-8 sets each )

day 5 chest

dumbell bench

dumbell fly

dumbell incline

when dieting down Cardio 2wice a day 40 mins upon waking 40 mins before bed