Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What are your GYM PET PEAVES...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many to list

Here are a few:

Try and talk to me, (notice the headphones fucko)

Bitches in spandex that shouldnt be

Grunting and screaming when doing nothing!

Asking if I want a spot (yeah I want a spot from u you skinny fuck)

getting in the way

Originally posted by fierydesire

People who are on the cell phones, its like you came to work out not to fucken have a convo . . .

nice one..:laugh:

I don't know if this happens everywhere but at my gym there is this group of kids who just hang out...don't work out or anything..they just chill there. wtf??

I dont really work out in the gym, I like the privacy of my own home, and saving all my hard earned money instead of blowing it on a crowded gym membership. But I had the pleasure of recently visiting my girls gym recently and this one dood was bugging me for spots the whole time, he was obviously trying to lift to much weight, and he was in the process of hurting himself and injuring me. :mad:

But I guess some other things that bother me:

Guys droooling on older women ( milfs.) These women dont work-out they flaunt their stuff.

Cheesy Music.

Treadmill/Bike Hoggers.

Parking.

Membership Dues :D.

Waiting for a machine to long.

Sweat.

Not enough Water Fountains.

Not enough ammenities like a Sauna, or Jucuzzi would be awesome after a workout.

Originally posted by rdancer

I dont really work out in the gym, I like the privacy of my own home, and saving all my hard earned money instead of blowing it on a crowded gym membership. But I had the pleasure of recently visiting my girls gym recently and this one dood was bugging me for spots the whole time, he was obviously trying to lift to much weight, and he was in the process of hurting himself and injuring me. :mad:

:laugh: I will ask people for spots. On my final set I always go to failure. It is not that you are lifting too much weight. It is just that when you get to the end of the set you try to push 1 or 2 more reps. This promotes growth. But I try not to bother the same person too many times. Unless we are going back and forth spotting each other. :D

My major PET PEAVE is people sitting on a machine bullshitting with another person. One should not have to ask a person to excuse themselves from a machine if they are not using it.

Another was mentioned... Those sweaty fuckers who don't know how to wipe down a machine.

People screaming across the gym to other people. It is very distracting. If you are going to converse... Walk over to the damn person.

People who get in front of you while you are using a mirror during an exersize.

People who do not offer to let you work in sets with them when they are on a machine. Normally I am not that stressed by this. I will move to another machine. But some routines I like to do in sequence. And it is not as if the other person is not going to take a 60 rest in between sets... :mad:

it's a pain when people are lazy and inconsiderate and leave multiple weights on the bar after they're done with their sets... i'm talking a 45, a 25, two 10s, a 5, and a 2.5 on each side...

also, when i'm trying to concentrate on my last set of some exercise and people around me are walking back and forth in front of me, making a lot of noise, throwing weights around and doing UNNECESSARY hollering and grunting (there are two men who work out around the same time as i do who literally yell before, during, and after each set), it distracts me and sometimes keeps me from being able to do that last rep. :|

Originally posted by wideskies

it's a pain when people are lazy and inconsiderate and leave multiple weights on the bar after they're done with their sets... i'm talking a 45, a 25, two 10s, a 5, and a 2.5 on each side...

also, when i'm trying to concentrate on my last set of some exercise and people around me are walking back and forth in front of me, making a lot of noise, throwing weights around and doing UNNECESSARY hollering and grunting (there are two men who work out around the same time as i do who literally yell before, during, and after each set), it distracts me and sometimes keeps me from being able to do that last rep. :|

Especially for the ladies... I always wind up taking the 45s off the machines for the ladies because the person before was too lazy. So you push 500+ on the leg press. What is more impressive is respect the fact that when a lady gets on the machine, the last thing she wants to do is remove 5 plates from each side... Definately rude...

When I am on the bench I will usually leave a plate on each side when I am done. Because the next person usually starts off with a plate to warm up or something. But it is rare when they use less than a plate. ;)

ALSO - People leaving Bars on the floor. Especially with weights on them... You don't have to be a cluts to trip over these fuckers. It happens to people ( and myself ) all the time. It is a serious accident waiting to happen. Respect your GYM. You are there almost on a daily basis.

i leave a 45 on each side of the incline calf machine, because it's rare that people will use less than that... but seriously, if you're too tired after your workout to put the weights back, then you better start using lighter weights. :P

leaving bars and heavy dumbells on the floor is really inconvenient for those of us who can't lift 160+ without straining something.

My gym pet peeve is when u see girls wearing lil' cropped leggings, a sports bra which shows their belly, hair down, full make-up and then they lift lil' 2 1/2 or 5lb weights.....puh-lease....like they r really there to work out right?!?!

Warm water in the water fountain

No paper towels in the entire gym except the girls bathroom

Having 1 dumbbell of a certain weight

Spending 10 minutes searching for a dumbbell and then you finally find it and it has been right in front of you the whole time.

Scale that doesnt work

Huge fans that are blowing on you during a set

People who do one exersice in the time it takes me to do 3, especially when I am waiting for the machine they are on

People who wear sandals to the gym(I want to purposely drop a 45 pound weight on their foot to teach them a lesson)

In the locker room the people who go out of their way to stay naked as long as possible

yea the whole cell phone things annoys the shit out of me... its like... r u gonna take up the machine for use during a phone convo? or r u actually working out???

The sweaty thing bothers me too.... theres a reason why theres a recording that plays that says "ATTN ALL MEMBERS... TOWELS ARE REQUIRED ON THE EXERCISE FLOOR!"

blah.

I hate when I go to a class in the gym and someone is in my spot :mad: im anal about where i stand during the class... cuz im in perfect view of the instructor and the mirror so i can see my form while working out. i get this uncontrollable anger when i see someone snagged my spot :cuss: !!!

Originally posted by sunnyhost

My gym pet peeve is when u see girls wearing lil' cropped leggings, a sports bra which shows their belly, hair down, full make-up and then they lift lil' 2 1/2 or 5lb weights.....puh-lease....like they r really there to work out right?!?!

Yea WTF is that? Are ya gonna work out or are you here auditioning for some pageant? Dumb biotches! :rolleyes::tongue:

I also cannot stand people that intentionally drop weights harder than they really have to. The only time I will drop weight is during decline dumbell presses and flat bench dumbell presses... But I do not throw them... And these same people bitch constantly wondering why dumbells are bent or broken...

NEXTELS!!!! and cell phones in general

the bench is not a spot for you to sit and chat on your phone, either turn the dam thing off and finish ur workout, or go stand in a corner and talk if its REALLLLY that important of a call!

i cant stand the lurker..the guy/girl who just stands there when u just told them u have a few sets left...relax ill let u know when im done....

- personal trainers who dont personally train themselves...its a gym atleast u can do is look like u care about ur health ...the worst is the ppl at the front desk easting shit food ...when everybody inside is trying to avoid that crap ....

- i know this sounds anal..but ppl who dont know what there doing and dont ask for help ..i hate seeing someone with form that looks like there gonna pop somthing ...

take it easy u dont need to rack the machine if its new to u ....

- gym president - the guy/girl who just chats the whole time...like not even in 'gym' clothes ..just here to talk ...

- i actually have hate for this one guy who only does one excersice in my gym ..and monopolizes the squat rack...

everytime day in day out..bro ur killin me .....ERRRR i hate u ..aha

yes yes yes!!!! i so agree!!!

that is hysterical

here is another one of mine: the locker rooms when it is the heat of the summer and the air condition isn't working especially in the locker rooms so it smells like algae and fungusy tennis shoes

hairy fat sweaty guys that wear strings and teeny shorts. ew!

people who go overboard on the time limit for the cardio machines. when your 25 min are up get the fuck off. can't you read?

people who won't get off equipment when there is a line waiting or they take all the time in the world.

old cranky broken equipment that the gym owner didn't replace yet.

my fav machines that are broken and it is always those thay take the longest time to repair, while the stuff i never use is fixed the next day.

deliberate drama queens

people who's form is sooo wrong have the nerve to tell me MY form is wrong. WTF? i've been doing this for 6 yrs and have muscles to prove it, i think i know what i'm doing by now. morons.

i think i posted a ton on another thread.

it's always nice to see a thread like this.

Originally posted by skince55

Warm water in the water fountain

No paper towels in the entire gym except the girls bathroom

Having 1 dumbbell of a certain weight

Spending 10 minutes searching for a dumbbell and then you finally find it and it has been right in front of you the whole time.

Scale that doesnt work

Huge fans that are blowing on you during a set

People who do one exersice in the time it takes me to do 3, especially when I am waiting for the machine they are on

People who wear sandals to the gym(I want to purposely drop a 45 pound weight on their foot to teach them a lesson)

In the locker room the people who go out of their way to stay naked as long as possible

social gym rats... people who talk to me... "Soooooooo where did you get that tatoo"... people who talk to eachother while sitting all over equipment... people who try to hook up at the gym... meat heads who lurk around lookin for new girls to pick up... its a gym... just work out...

bench thieves... i always leave a towel, weights or water bottle on a bench i am using... if i go to get a drink or a dry towel and some moron moves all my shit without asking to work-in or anything... its fuckin rude...

people who do not use deodorant... STINKY MUTHAFUCKERS...

if i can smell you from five feet away... you got a problem...

they should sell deodorant at the gym for these people...

people who are too cool to put thier weights away when finished...

people who offer to spot but don't know what the hell they are doing... and try to kill me...

wheat grass

people who stare... you are burnin a hole in my back...

people who use 5 pieces of equipment at once...

hello...there are other people here...

NYSC at 5:00... crowded as fuck...

clean your bench if you sweat alot!!!

i don't mind the grunters...

i tend to grrrrrrrrr... on my last heavy sets...

there is a guy who screams in my gym...

now thats ridiculous...

i like the trainers who give you new exercises upon request...

very nice...

here's something i find utterly disgusting:

people who wear the same gym clothes day in day out & sweat & don't wipe the equipment. so there is a build up of sweat and odour. are they too poor to buy just 2 shirts? the cdc should quarantine these disease reservoirs.

people who wash their shirts but not their shorts.

when every guy w/ a tattoo has that *same* stupid barbed wire tattoo, in the *same* place.

people who won't get the living fuck out of my swimming lane and splash all over me.

i hate it when bally's (they gym I go to) shows some halfway attractive people in their commercials and I never see anyone remotely close to looking like them.

Originally posted by bodiii

social gym rats... people who talk to me... "Soooooooo where did you get that tatoo"... people who talk to eachother while sitting all over equipment... people who try to hook up at the gym... meat heads who lurk around lookin for new girls to pick up... its a gym... just work out...

bench thieves... i always leave a towel, weights or water bottle on a bench i am using... if i go to get a drink or a dry towel and some moron moves all my shit without asking to work-in or anything... its fuckin rude...

people who do not use deodorant... STINKY MUTHAFUCKERS...

if i can smell you from five feet away... you got a problem...

they should sell deodorant at the gym for these people...

people who are too cool to put thier weights away when finished...

people who offer to spot but don't know what the hell they are doing... and try to kill me...

wheat grass

people who stare... you are burnin a hole in my back...

people who use 5 pieces of equipment at once...

hello...there are other people here...

NYSC at 5:00... crowded as fuck...

clean your bench if you sweat alot!!!

i don't mind the grunters...

i tend to grrrrrrrrr... on my last heavy sets...

there is a guy who screams in my gym...

now thats ridiculous...

i like the trainers who give you new exercises upon request...

very nice...