Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mountain Bikers?

Where do you like to ride...

Street, Forest Trails, or Paths....

Also post locations of some of these Trails or Paths or Park areas that alow biking.

Personally being from Staten Island there are not many trails to ride. So I usually ride on the Path at the beaches on the island. Great Kills beach has a path appox 2 miles each way. Makes for good riding with the changing scenery. And with winds always heading in either direction it makes for a great cardio routine with added difficulty. :cool:

I like forest trails . . . I used to ride in Poconos, but when I couldn't get out there I would bike along the strip by the Verrazzono. . . It was real nice . . . and still is. You should head out over there. It def great scenery, I'm a sucka for the water and shit

Originally posted by fierydesire

I like forest trails . . . I used to ride in Poconos, but when I couldn't get out there I would bike along the strip by the Verrazzono. . . It was real nice . . . and still is. You should head out over there. It def great scenery, I'm a sucka for the water and shit

I still have to get a bike rack before I can go to far. I always wanted to ride over there... I also love photography so I usually bring a camera with me. And I love shots of the bridge from underneith and everything else that surrounds that view...

:cool: So when we going riding?

I had bikes :( but I've moved away from home and all the bikes were there, I'm in the process of buyin a new one . . .I also love photography . . . black and white photos are the best and pic under the bridge are amazing . . . anyways I'm d to go riding ;):cool:

I need a bike rack too, and a nice Trail Bike, I used to also Ride in the Poconos along trails and I enjoyed it so much. Nothing like riding on fresh trails, and lifting the mountain bike to cross streams and stuff. Thats like a dream of mine.

I have yet to take my bike out this year. I hope on doing so this weekend. All this damn rain we've been having. I like riding in Central Park, even though it's not mountainous. There's a bike trail at a park by my house. I need some trail locations too.

Here's my bike:

odessa_lg.jpg

And this is THE BEST trunk rack you can get:

434_1.jpg

It's the Saris Bones 2 Trunk rack. It goes for around $100.00, less on eBay, that's where I got mine. It fits great, doesn't damage your car and is extremely sturdy.

Originally posted by rdancer

Wheres a good place to check for bikes? Im a little big for Toys R' Us :laugh:

:laugh:

I bought mine from a Bike Shops here on Staten Island. They have everything for Beginners up to Professionals... I am about ready to upgrade from my TREK to a Cannondale. They are incredible bikes...

Originally posted by elementx

I bought mine from a Bike Shops here on Staten Island. They have everything for Beginners up to Professionals... I am about ready to upgrade from my TREK to a Cannondale. They are incredible bikes...

Yeah they are $300 and up...

I need to get a decent rack for my car and a decent bike. :idea:

I heard somewhere that to much biking can be detrimental to your manhood...

Originally posted by elementx

I actually have a Cannondale.. and I never ride it..

My dad used to make me go mountain bike riding with him and my brother all the time, and it pissed me the fuck off. He took me up to Vermont to go to Killington Mountain to mountain bike up there and I flipped over my handle bars 3 times.

Haven't been on a fucking bike since then. :mad:

Forest trails baby... there are some good ones out here on the island.

But if your looking for some real riding, i suggest heading up to Vermont and hitting the mountains (Mt. Snow, Stratton, whatever.)... i particulary reccomend Mt. Snow

Or, if you've got some serious time and cash to burn, you simply cant beat British Columbia... Whistler in the summer is absurdly nice, and the riding is just phenominal

I'm going downhill biking this weekend at Plattekill. Supposedly it has the best terrain on the East Coast. Downhill is a killer sport. Went to Mt Creek a few weeks ago, and they have a pretty nice setup too.

Here's my bike. Pretty big, but customized for downhill riding. Bought it used on Ebay.

attachment.php?postid=1558323

Originally posted by DaVe

I'm going downhill biking this weekend at Plattekill. Supposedly it has the best terrain on the East Coast. Downhill is a killer sport. Went to Mt Creek a few weeks ago, and they have a pretty nice setup too.

Here's my bike. Pretty big, but customized for downhill riding. Bought it used on Ebay.

You go DaVe!! :D

Originally posted by DaVe

Downhill is a little too rough for my tastes... But have fun...

I don't mind trail riding but my bike only has front shocks... When I get my Cannondale I will get it with both front and back. Then maybe I would consider downhill.

• 1 month later...