Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Very long review of my Ibiza trip...

Originally posted by nautilus60

Its overrated

hence i skipped out this year

june-aug = worst time to go to ibiza. its like fuckin tourist ville. euroamericancandyraverdrugfuckingtrash left & right.

end of aug/first week of sept = closing parties = lesser crowd = better vibe. went last year, rocked with my cock out. might do round 2 this year.

I am not a big writer or reviewer but here it goes:

We arrived at Ibiza around midnight without any adventures (not counting almost missing DC-London plane cause we fell asleep at the airport after going there straight from Nation). Dropped off the bags, took salty showers and headed over to Pacha for some Roger Sanchez. The club was not what i expected at all. i would compare it to Opium Garden in Miami with lots of seating area, little rooms, outdoor patio...and a shitty sound along with not so big dancefloor. Dont get me wrong - the club is really nice, but not my thing. Rogers set was good, but just that. I enjoyed him much more at Nation. The next day we were walking in ibiza town and Ana spotted Roger sitting at the cafe just chilling. She had the balls to come up and started talking to him. he was really nice and actually made conversation with us instead of trying to get rid of us. Ana got a pic with him which made her really happy. I have to say that Ana impressed me very much with her DJ whoring skillz, but more on that later...So we've spend the whole day in Ibiza and i still havent seen any craziness, loud music, people dancing on the beach - anything i heard about so much. On Tuesday we decided to head over Priviledge to check out the largest club in the world. The club reminded me of a big circus with a pool in the middle and a Dj booth above it. The party was preatty dead so we stuck around for a little bit, watched some dancers dance naked and left.

Our hotel was in Figueretes beach (nice, but more family oriented), so we decided to head over to Play Den Bossa hoping to find some beach parties. But It was just a regular beach with more younger crowd there. We layed out right in front of the Bora Bora bar listening to some tunes, bathing in the sun, even rode on the Banana boat...so it was fun. At night we decided to check out Amnesia for La Troya party. Now this was getting kinda close to what i was expecting. There was two rooms: one is "circus big", the other is a regular club big. this other room was my favorite of all the clubs. The sound system is one of the best i've ever heard. you can see all the sound equipment behind the DJ booth, it lights up and all that crap. The speakers look like "loudspeakers"...overall you can see that they invested some serious money into that system.

On Thursday we decided to take a day off, so we just chilled on the beach and then went to San Antonio to catch the sunset. WOW!!! That sunset was really one of the most beautiful ones i've seen. It was sooo cool just to sit on the rocks listen to some chill music and watch the sun go down with all those people. I know i took some pics of that so if they come out i'll post them, but they wont do justice. BTW, my camcorder battery died very soon, so i wasnt able to record anything...

Friday was a pretty long day for us as we took a ferry and went to the Formentera - another little island. The beach there is out of this world - just like you see on the pictures. I've never been to the Carribean, but for those who have been will know what i am talking about. Spent there a whole day and at night headed over to Space for the La Comunidad party. Space as a venue is pretty simple but thats the way i like them. Lots of places to sit, but not too many, decent sound system (i say decent, because its only very good when you are on the dancefloor, once you are off it - the sound is muffled). Some dude named Peppo Lanzoni was mixing it up...or so he thought. Beside the music being nothing but "boom-boom-boom" it sounded like he put one record on, turned it off, then put another on...no mixing skills whatsoever. I gotta say that of any local DJ's i've seen there i've only liked one (couldnt find out his name, since noone could tell me). Thats another thing: no one there seemed to care about the music. It seemed that all people cared about is that it was Ibiza and this is the place to get fucked up. It was mostly Brits and Germans, but also a lot os Spanish peeps. No one can dance - they just move from foot to foot - too funny to watch. All the guys wear some kind of mohawks and all the girls go for the punk 80's look.

Sat. was Ana's birthday so we were planning to go all out, but , boy, were we wrong...She somehow managed to pull her neck, so she couldnt really move. We had a doctor come up to our room, he gave her a shot and some painkillers. Imagine a doctor come up to your place here in US - noway in hell. So that made me happy since i was already thinking that we'd have to spend the whole day in the hospital. By the evening she felt a little better so we decided to go to El Divino for the Hed Kandi party. this is one of the smaller clubs but in a really cool location in Ibiza town right above water. A bit on a fancy side, but that what i wanted that night since it was Ana's birthday. Music was simply awesome. Mark Doyle was behind decks and he was getting the crowd up pretty well, so the place was jumping. Sopha, you would have killed to be there, i am telling you...We did some more DJ whoring: tore off the Hed Kandi poster off the wall and had Mark Doyle sign it. Sunday was the time for the infamous "We love Sundays" at Space. I really wanted to go during the day but it was so hot, we decided not to. We got there early in the night around 9PM - Lawler just got on. The terrace didnt impress me much - it was full of sweaty fucked up people. Lawler, however, spun a very good set - kept me dancing til the end of his set around 12AM. Then the party moved inside. Cattaneo started things off, followed by Satoshi, who was followed by Rui da Silva. All did a very good job. Did some more Dj whoring - Hector Romero was hanging out in the booth, so we talked to him and Satoshi for a bit. The party was over at 6AM so we headed out to the beach to see the sunrise. On monday we had to check out at 12PM, but our flight was not until 11PM, so we asked the hotel clerk to let us stay a little longer which he did. Our flight was delayed for two hours (never ever fly easyjet), but luckily i made my London- DC flight on time while Ana flew from London to Rome to visit her family. I got home and slept for 14 hours...it was nice to be in my bed again.

Overall the trip was very nice - we had lots of fun, but would i go again? Probably not, just because its not worth the money and all the travel time. I think i can get the same thing in Miami for much less money, plus everyone speaks English which makes things much easier. If i have any good pics to post - i will later on.

Originally posted by nautilus60

so we decided to go to El Divino for the Hed Kandi party. this is one of the smaller clubs but in a really cool location in Ibiza town right above water. A bit on a fancy side, but that what i wanted that night since it was Ana's birthday. Music was simply awesome. Mark Doyle was behind decks and he was getting the crowd up pretty well, so the place was jumping.

what was the music like at the hed kandi party?