Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Heaven on earth...

deep fat fried Mars bar...:drool:

deepmars.gif

it's been a goal of mine to try one of these ever since i first heard about them like 10 years ago. well, yesterday, i achived that goal. :D one of the countries featured this year at the folk life festival is scotland, where fried candy bars are very popular. i went down to the mall yesterday to check out the festival and came across a vendor selling fried mars bars and HAD to get one. OMG people, this is the best thing that has ever come out of the UK! there is really nothing more decadent than a fried candy bar. the only bad thing is the severe coma brought on by the sugar crash. :(

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

have you ever had a Lion Bar? :drool: So good! When I was in Dublin I survived on Lion Bars & beer :D

Glad you achieved one of your lifetime goals! :aright:

Lion bars are the best! You can get them at the British shop in Clarendon and that candy store at Tysons II.

Originally posted by nourishment

I was at a festival in Norfolk a couple weeks ago. In addition to the fried candy bars, they also offered fried Oreos and Twinkies.

I'll have to take your word on whether or not they taste *good*.

fried oreos!! i think i've just found my new life goal. :D

what british shop in Clarendon??? :shaky:

British Goodies

& Classic Cigars

3020 Wilson Blvd.

Arlington, VA 22201

525-6510

Description: British foods and gift items; Quality cigars / walk-in humidor

It's right next to Hard Times Cafe.

speaking of goodies we can't really get here in the US....

have you guys ever tried Kinder Surprise Eggs? They are sold every where in the world except for the US & S. Africa (no idea why) But they are chocolate eggs w/ a white chocolate lining... They are hollow and inside contain a "surprise toy" (*waits for someone to turn that into something sexual*)

Now that is some good candy! :drool:

have you guys ever tried Kinder Surprise Eggs? They are sold every where in the world except for the US & S. Africa (no idea why) But they are chocolate eggs w/ a white chocolate lining... They are hollow and inside contain a "surprise toy" (*waits for someone to turn that into something sexual*)

I think I saw them selling that at Galyan's sporting goods store... they have fancy schmancy euro chocolate there from time to time.

I was told they're not sold here because of the potential lawsuit from some kid eating the "surprise toy." Wouldn't surprise me it that's the case.

my brother used to collect all of those toys from kinder chocolates.

i got hooked on Cadbury's Fruit & Nut when I was a little kid and apperently Fruitabix and Bananabix has been around the UK for some time now.

Originally posted by rockyblue

deep fat fried Mars bar...:drool:

deepmars.gif

it's been a goal of mine to try one of these ever since i first heard about them like 10 years ago. well, yesterday, i achived that goal. :D one of the countries featured this year at the folk life festival is scotland, where fried candy bars are very popular. i went down to the mall yesterday to check out the festival and came across a vendor selling fried mars bars and HAD to get one. OMG people, this is the best thing that has ever come out of the UK! there is really nothing more decadent than a fried candy bar. the only bad thing is the severe coma brought on by the sugar crash. :(

i had one of those and couldnt finish it. to much sugar, and i'm usuaully the first one all over pastries and chocolates.

Originally posted by vicman

why copuldnt they just put stickers and tattoos like cracker jack and shit? :confused:

these toys are cool though! you can get a mini puzzle or a little model car or tons of other stuff.

I was looking up where to buy them once and people collect these toys - some are worth a lot of money!

as a kid my brother and I used to deep fry everything, until I dropped the chicken too fast and burned his leg, then we had to use the microwave, it was all down hill from there. Anyways we would deep fry peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all the time, soo good and healthy they were. We could fry a whole turkey or chicken in no time.....everybody should own a deep frier.....