Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jroo

so, is it really alcoholism or could it just be OCD??

Guest jroo

Do You Have Obsessive-Compulsive Tendencies?

Are you just a super-organized, ultra-clean, neat freak? Or could you have Obsessive-Compulsive tendencies? Dr. Phil helps you take a closer look at what drives your actions:

Is the behavior disruptive to your life? Does it have a negative result for you and those around you?

Can you commit to refraining from that behavior for a period of time? You can find out by trying to replace the compulsive behavior with another coping mechanism: write in a journal, do yoga, meditate, etc.

If your behavior is destructive and you haven't been able to refrain from it, ask yourself these questions:

1. Does performing the behavior feel like an urgent necessity of life?

2. Do recurrent irrational or intrusive thoughts cause you discomfort or anxiety? For example, do you obsess over the thought of your child being hurt?

3. Does an extreme need for order and cleanliness force you to tidy things, shower, or wash your hands excessively? (An hour or more a day is moderate, 3 to 5 hours is severe, and 8 hours or more is extreme behavior.)

4. Is the behavior repetitive? If you do not do the ritual behavior, does it cause you to feel anxious?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by tinybutterfli

So I might be an alcoholic? :confused:

might be, hell!!! you are.

Originally posted by rockyblue

whoa, whoa, whoa - when did shady eat out of a dumpster? :confused:

it wasn't actually a dumpster. it was a garbage can on the sidewalk on 18th Street, in front of Pizza Mart. Apparently one slice was not enough for him. He had to eat others' discarded leftovers :laugh:

Originally posted by teriaki

I've already stated this for the record, but I did not eat out of the garbage can. I just watched.

Sure, sure...thats what they all say.

I believe u.:rolleyes: