Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gov Warner @ HOME club

Sapexec

The downtown nightclub Home, with its sexed-up "bedroom" theme, is the sort of place where twenty-something women sporting bare midriffs and navel rings loll about on futons with older men in tight T-shirts.

It's not the sort of place where one expects to meet the governor of Virginia.

So our spy, a 26-year-old female journalist who asked that we not publish her name, was a tad surprised in the wee hours Sunday when she spotted 48-year-old Mark Warner coming out of the men's room in The Attic, the club's top-floor VIP area. Warner apparently was not happy to have been spotted.

"It was pretty dark when I saw this familiar-looking guy in khakis and a button-down blue shirt. I was so shocked to see him I said, 'Governor Warner? Is that you?' " our witness recounted yesterday. "I actually spoke with him. I made a joke about the DMV problems in Virginia. He stopped and smiled, but he clearly wanted to abort the whole situation. He looked at me with this kind of 'oh no' expression. He said something like, 'Okay, good to meet you,' and extricated himself. And I called out, 'Have a good night!' "

Yesterday Ellen Qualls, press secretary to the governor -- whose wife Lisa Collis and three young daughters have been on vacation in Europe -- told us: "He said he was out with some friends from law school who were in town who 'didn't think I could still dance.' " Qualls added that two state troopers from the governor's security detail were also with him in the club.

Tony Kowkabi, owner of the six-month old Home, told us the governor and his party arrived unexpectedly after midnight and were immediately whisked to the VIP area. "I want to be very discreet about my clientele,' Kowkabi said. "I think he was having a good time. We'd like him to come back!"

ATTN: HOME. GET SOME REAL DJ's (see glow/nations) and not the interns you have spinning there on fri and sat playing 80's and early 90's remixes.

Originally posted by Sapexec

ATTN: HOME. GET SOME REAL DJ's (see glow/nations) and not the interns you have spinning there on fri and sat playing 80's and early 90's remixes.

I don't know what you edited in this post but the edit should have occurred in this portion above.

Hint: One ____ under God.

In Cookiegirl's absense I had to do it! :D

BTW: There will be some excellent house djs at Home on Friday - Royce Haven & Mike Haddad, not to mention the Scrumfrog :D

Im not the one spinning Rob Base - Its Takes 2, Michael Jackson Billie Jean, and Beastie Boys - Fight for your right to party and Where do you go my lovely. In that order. disgusting.

If they bring in some trance DJ's fine, but until then.....

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I don't know what you edited in this post but the edit should have occurred in this portion above.

Hint: One ____ under God.

In Cookiegirl's absense I had to do it! :D

BTW: There will be some excellent house djs at Home on Friday - Royce Haven & Mike Haddad, not to mention the Scrumfrog :D

who's gunna go on Friday?

Originally posted by Sapexec

Im not the one spinning Rob Base - Its Takes 2, Michael Jackson Billie Jean, and Beastie Boys - Fight for your right to party and Where do you go my lovely. In that order. disgusting.

If they bring in some trance DJ's fine, but until then.....

those are some classic choons, mang!

haha, I don't promote for Home - I was just telling you about the djs that are gonna be there on Friday.

Vic - not sure about Friday yet. Probably will go to Home.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

those are some classic choons, mang!

haha, I don't promote for Home - I was just telling you about the djs that are gonna be there on Friday.

Vic - not sure about Friday yet. Probably will go to Home.

that what i'm thinking also :D