Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ths z06.......

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

too many euro trash lovers on this board... lets break this down...

z06 vs (_____) under a 100k production car, no tuners

on a road course

audi? nope no shot

viper? lost already

stangs? came close, but lost

wrx? not in the same league

nsx? its a joke

Rx8? another joke

350z? another joke

any ferrari? hmmm, everything but the high end exotics

lambo? no shot

porsche? hmm, under a 100k, nope........

whats left.......

GT 40 should be priced in the 80's and then you'll have a zo6 killer....

tell then, keep thinking euro trash cars are better...

Guest saleen351

Mitsubishi Evo:laugh:

WRX STi:laugh:

M3 or M5 nope..... though no joke, but will losse to viper, vette and cobra...

Audi RS6 nope 450hp ain't gonna cut it....

Mercedes E55 AMG nope

don't even reply to this... nomatter what you say, hes just going to say it doesn't compare without any facts to back it up...

fact is, theres plenty of great cars with great potential for all types of racing... corvette is one of them, but not the only one...

oh, and japan isn't in europe... just for future refference ;)

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok, now what kind of race are we talking about here? A straight line, drag race? How about putting that hunk of crap vette on a twisty road against a little thirty thousand dollar "eurotrash"stock S2000 and see what comes out first? Face it Nick, youve been in my old car with me driving so you know how it handles.

And Joe is correct, Japan in NOT in Europe, so quit trying to find ways to use your new favorite word and just keep applying it to DJ's.

:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Ok, now what kind of race are we talking about here? A straight line, drag race? How about putting that hunk of crap vette on a twisty road against a little thirty thousand dollar "eurotrash"stock S2000 and see what comes out first? Face it Nick, youve been in my old car with me driving so you know how it handles.

And Joe is correct, Japan in NOT in Europe, so quit trying to find ways to use your new favorite word and just keep applying it to DJ's.

:D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sweetie, my old 91 gt 5.0 would beat the piss out of your sport 2000... your car would loose to the vette by miles.... it would be a joke.... i've driven many cars over the years, and trust me a 96 vette or a stock c5 would hammer a s2000... a z06 would embarrasse a s2000..

S2000

1/4 mile 14.1

.90g's

65.9 slalom

z06

.98g's

12.8 1/4 mile

the s2000 isn't in the same league, yet the same price...

the vette out holds every porsche under the price of $179,000.00

the sport 2000 is built for chicks, has a hig rev limit and zero low end torque..... ricers piss all over it.. its a joke and not considered a sports car... its a miata...

oh i forgot, zo6 has the best stability control on earth... < even motor trend said the system pisses all over the ferrari system... And you would have to shift way too much in your s2000 compared to a vette... your cluth would be done in a few laps, would never hold up..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by barslut

My father says racing z06 guys is like beating up small retards. And his car want 100k.

what car was it? was it worked, and btw, better come up with a really good answer i'm gonna rip your post apart... Cause only a hand full of cars can run with it, and none that i know of under 100k...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by bigpoppanils

nope....try $20k cheaper

you are correct, i read the price what they were selling for when they came out...

PAT in road and track is 32k

if we're just comparing stock for stock, then who cares... its not even worth arguing over...

the evo's run 13's stock... and with an air filter & $50 boost controller, you can put it in the 12's...

evo = $30k + $100 for air filter & boost controller = 30,100... not $55k....

who cares? :confused:

if we all lived down in florida, we'd probably have different cars... but living up here where it SNOWS... i prefer to stick with AWD so i can get up my stupidly steep driveway...

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sweetie, my old 91 gt 5.0 would beat the piss out of your sport 2000... your car would loose to the vette by miles.... it would be a joke.... i've driven many cars over the years, and trust me a 96 vette or a stock c5 would hammer a s2000... a z06 would embarrasse a s2000..

S2000

1/4 mile 14.1

.90g's

65.9 slalom

z06

.98g's

12.8 1/4 mile

the s2000 isn't in the same league, yet the same price...

the vette out holds every porsche under the price of $179,000.00

the sport 2000 is built for chicks, has a hig rev limit and zero low end torque..... ricers piss all over it.. its a joke and not considered a sports car... its a miata...

oh i forgot, zo6 has the best stability control on earth... < even motor trend said the system pisses all over the ferrari system... And you would have to shift way too much in your s2000 compared to a vette... your cluth would be done in a few laps, would never hold up..

If the S2000 was built for women then why was I the extreme minority in the S2000 world? Now the BOXSTER was built for chicks. Chicks whose boyfriends or husbands wanted to curb their incessant whining about wanting a Porsche but were too cheap to buy then a REAL car.

Saleen, I am tired of arguing with you, you always have to find some little detail and hammer the shit out of it. Each car is buit for different markets, and different driving styles. THAT is the point that I am trying to make.

And as far as your points as to why you think the S is built for chicks, your reasoning is flawed:

1. In the S, the high rev limiter lets the higher geras wind out much more than the vette would be able to, so at hig speeds, the S will actually accelerate faster than a vette or even a camaro for that matter. Meaning, less shifting, at higher speeds. I can hit almost 120 mph in 5th gear.

2. My ORIGINAL clutch was barely even worn, withstanding me learning how to drivestick, 2 tranny overhauls, going to the drag strip within a month of getting it, and putting over 25,000 miles racing up and down the turnpike, I-95 and 595.

3. High rev limits are for chicks? Damn, I would like to see you say that at Wet Willies on a Sunday afternoon.....

Guest brwneydtrouble

The following is a TRUE story......

About a year ago, I used to work at a very upscale strip club as a valet, for shits and giggles.

Middle adeg balding guy in a yellow, automatic convertible corvette drives his car up and gets out. I move around to take his car and park it, and he says to me......

"Hey missy, you sure you think you can handle this car?"

Me, with as straight a face as I can muster....."Sir, do you see that little silver car over there in the corner? (My S2000, freshly washed, with the top down, parked in VIP)"

Him: "Oh yeah, thats a nice little car!"

Me: "Well, thats mine."

Him: Flustered, "Uh, well, then I don't think you will have a problem with mine."

:rolleyes:

Guest saleen351

evo running 12's:laugh: it runs 13.4 bone stock, so you are gonna knock off a half of second with boost controller, and an airfilter????

jackie you are soooooooooooooo wrong on your accel numbers.. higher tach doesn't mean it will pull harder.. Has zero to do with it, just means you can wind gears out further.. The longer the stroke which is the higher it tachs out, the less torque you can make... You can have all the horses in the world but with no torque your car won't pull anyway... This is why you shift a dump truck at 1200 rpm and it has 16 gears... Its all about torque...

on the track the lack of torque in the sport2000 means you will have to shift more often... More shifting means you loose.... you will have to down shift way too often to keep the the tach in the powerband...

ps the vette goes 21mph faster than the sport2000... why is simple, NO TORQUE IN THE 2000...

so if you think the sport2000 will out pull a vette, viper, porsche etc, then you are smoking crack...... sport 2000 was cool for a year... its a chick car...

evo running 12's:laugh: it runs 13.4 bone stock, so you are gonna knock off a half of second with boost controller, and an airfilter????

91 Mr2 Turbo

Bone Stock: 14.3@96mph

With Greddy Profec B @ 15psi, K&N intake: 13.8@99mph.

So the answer is Yes.

The Z06 is a fast car and well balanced but it's not some mystical rocketship that can destroy all comers.

Horsepower and torque figures mean diddly squat on a road course. Porsche 914's with their ground-shattering 90hp are capable of hanging with newer 911's packing three or four times the power. It's all about the driver and how well the suspension is set up. Your Z06's come tuned well from the factory, but out on a road course, wheel/tire/aero/chassis/suspension make the difference, not nitpicking on what your motor is putting out.

Sure you might make a fast lap, but the question is can you maintain that pace? Doubtful.

The Spoon S2000 is an excellent example of how to build a kickass racecar with a basic platform. They focused nearly their entire effort on the suspension, chassis and aero enhancements but left the F20C alone for the most part. Intake and Exhaust went on but the longblock remained untouched... yet this machine was lapping much more powerful beasts out on the track and why? Setup.

this benchracing bullshit is for magazine readers and newbies.

take it to a real road course and see what happens. Numbers rarely mean dick in the real world

well, unless you're a complete idiot, you know it has a 16g turbo running like 12psi stock... that turbo can put out 20psi efficiently without even blinking...

8psi, do the math...

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by joeg

well, unless you're a complete idiot, you know it has a 16g turbo running like 12psi stock... that turbo can put out 20psi efficiently without even blinking...

8psi, do the math...

Not only that, but when I used to go to Moroso twice a week, for 2 months straight, I NEVER once had a pass that was slower than the one before.

The last run I ever did was also my best time. :) Just by taking everything out of my trunk, including the spare tire, I was able to go from 14.38 to a 14.1. BONE STOCK, and spinning through 1st and 2nd gear. My little "sport2000" used to whoop most anything that I raced. That chicky like high end let me fly past your stangs after hitting 120, with the top down, speeding through traffic, even keeping up with bikes, but I was never cocky enough to race one. :rolleyes:

EVO8 has the stock turbo running 19psi, hence the OEM intercooler sprayer. Fuel cut is at 21 or 22.

Intake, downpipe and exhaust would probably net massive gains.

Exhaust alone would probably make a ton of power. A 20G upgrade by itself would be the obvious choice... stupid mitsu engineers were worried about the public complaining about lag. I think this is the first OEM car where a turbo upgrade might INCREASE reliability.

Originally posted by cintron

EVO8 has the stock turbo running 19psi, hence the OEM intercooler sprayer. Fuel cut is at 21 or 22.

Intake, downpipe and exhaust would probably net massive gains.

Exhaust alone would probably make a ton of power. A 20G upgrade by itself would be the obvious choice... stupid mitsu engineers were worried about the public complaining about lag. I think this is the first OEM car where a turbo upgrade might INCREASE reliability.

19 stock? wow...

well, i retract my previous statement, saleen... i stand corrected.

i'm just glad they put the 16g in it instead of the 14b or t25 that the dsms came with... ugh....

and "the hog": when you have a real engine, you can run 20-30psi easily... thats why we don't boost on hondas... ;)

my dsm was running 17psi easily... (and i had 110k... and i used to bring it to the track all the time) there were guys with 20gs running like 22-23 with just some fuel upgrades...

Originally posted by thehog

all you ricers crack me up

ow yeah im going to get 18 lbs boost with my new turbo upgrade.

yeah cool how many miles do you think untill your blown up 20K:idea:

If your lucky:idea:

all you non-forced-induction morons crack me up.

take a look at my odometer if you want to see how long factory turbo cars can last. Hint: It's above 150k. On the original turbo. And the original unopened longblock. With 15psi.

Some MR2 guys are running motors with over 180 and 190k on them, with T3/T4 turbos doing 12's... and their motors are holding out just fine. It's all about proper maintenence, meticulous engine management and intercooling, and if you bolt a bigger hairdryer on, ALWAYS USING GOOD FUEL.

Here my cousin's 2000 Jetta sits in his driveway, burning oil like a mofo... and my 1991 MR2's got 175-175-175-175psi compression across all 4 cylinders, burns little to no oil and never runs hot, pisses fluid or breaks down with engine problems.

and then there's boosted Hondas... now those are timebombs waiting to go off.