Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rollcall: groovefire in newport

teamj5

see you bitches there :beer:

okay, since i am too lazy to go hunt this info down, please fill me in on a few things about saturday:

1) dresscode for this club? can i wear my hawaiian shirt + sandals and still fit in ?

2) is there a web site for this place or somewhere i can get directions? do i just take 95 south and look for the exit that says "groovefire"? can you guys hang balloons and arrows to point me the right direction ?

3) is there any afterhours that a fine individual as myself would be invited to ?

4) are there any lodging options in this city ?

:cool:

probably to get there around 9 or 10. groovehomo said things fill up fast and to get there early, but i think he was just saying that to hype the event up :tongue:

stymie with a plan? this weekend is doomed !

:cool:

PLEASE get there early, by 10. I will be powerless at the door and a line will form and the club will hit capacity, no question about it. I would much rather you guys get in than typical Newport meathead hip hop lovers.

Dress code: “Neat”. Jeans and sneakers are acceptable, no hats. Sandals…I don’t know, don’t risk it.

Directions to Newport:

Take Route 128 South.

At 93/95 split, stay in left lanes toward 93.

Take exit for Route 24 South to Fall River.

Follow until end.

Take exit for 195 West.

Take very first exit, which will put you back onto

Route 24 South toward Newport.

Follow Route 24 South over the Sakonnet River Bridge.

Take exit 1 for Newport/Middletown Beaches-Route 138.

Turn right at the end of the exit ramp.

Turn right at the first light (CVS on right).

Follow for about 8 miles or so.

You'll pass several lights, a Cumberland Farms, Rhode

Island State Police Barracks, and Chaves Gardens.

Then you will be coming upon two traffic lights very

close together. Look for the Dunkin Donuts on right.

At the second of these lights, turn left onto Route

138A (Acquidneck Avenue).

At the second traffic light at the bottom of the hill,

turn left.

Bear right at the next light, you'll pass a beach.

This becomes Memorial Blvd.

Follow Memorial through 3 lights.

At the forth light (Red Parrot restaurant on left), bear hard right at the Post Office onto Thames St. (Cobblestone road).

Head 3 blocks down and you will see the Pelham bar on your right. Studio 3 is right above that, entrance is on the side street.

It all sounds harder than it is, and this route will get you past a lot of tourist traffic. If you get lost, just ask anyone how to get to downtown Newport and where the Pelham is…most people know.

God Speed.

Originally posted by unclefester401

If Flavaplugs is coming down (or anybody else that spins for that matter), tell them to bring records. We have CD decks too if they don't want to haul all of their vinyl to Rhode Island and leave it in the car while they're at the club.

Definitely!!! I am going to throw bottlecaps at his head whenever he's trying to mix.

Originally posted by unclefester401

If Flavaplugs is coming down (or anybody else that spins for that matter), tell them to bring records. We have CD decks too if they don't want to haul all of their vinyl to Rhode Island and leave it in the car while they're at the club.

I don't think ravernugz is going to be in attendence this weekend. Too bad too, because he'd be drooling on himself if he got to use CD decks.

I'm so bringing my Stevie Wonder.

In case you did not know or forgot, I'm telling you now...everything closes in Newport at 1am. Last call will be around 12:45ish. Plan accordingly, we wouldn't want anyone driving over to Fester's sober.

BTW, Fester, you're bringing directions to your place, right?

I'll be there! Be there at 9pm waiting for doors too open, YEAH BABY!:D:cool: Can't wait to see everyone!

24 South guys, Groovejockie is taking you the LONG way. Go 93 South to 24 South and follow his directions once you get into RI!!!! See you all there....