Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WhEre DiD ALL tHe Good CLuB MuSiC Go?

where did all the deep trancy vocals, hard crazy house music that makes your adrenaline rush . . music go? I went to arc's year anneversary and the music was too slow and trendy, where did all the crazy raver shyt go, u know the crazy sirens, horns, hard bass etc. like how exit was, what clubs still play that stuff. the stuff i have been hearin lately just dosent keep me goin like the otha stuff

Originally posted by blazynup

where did all the deep trancy vocals, hard crazy house music that makes your adrenaline rush . . music go? I went to arc's year anneversary and the music was too slow and trendy, where did all the crazy raver shyt go, u know the crazy sirens, horns, hard bass etc. like how exit was, what clubs still play that stuff. the stuff i have been hearin lately just dosent keep me goin like the otha stuff

i think you might like listenung to ktu

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

that music seemed good only when i didnt know any better

try webster hall if you dont feel like moving on

I am with poppa as well... As much as I liked the hard shit back in the day ( 16 yrs old till about 19 )... I like what the music has become even more today. Danny Tenaglia's sets are pure satisfaction... Even when he drops some classical tracks... And I am not talkin 1996 classical... I am talkin late 70's Early 80's tracks. Danny used to drop some of the hardest and sickest shit way back when. ( Not taking away from what he drops now ) But he moved on. Went to Vinyl where the party was all about the music. Unfortunately alot of other clubs got shut down and a bunch of people who didn't really respect his party decided to migrate over there and you will notice who is a true fan of the music and the ones who are just there to get fucked up. It is unfortunate... But if you dont like what is being spun. Do the rest of the more musically inclined people enjoy their dance floor. Unfortunate for some of us who cannot frequent as much as we would like to. But when we can. We have to deal with clueless faces on the dance floor and it kills the vibe...

Music changes with times... Back in the day when they were not as hard on the Clubs in NYC. Alot of the scene just went out to get fucked up. But as they started to crack down on the drugs. The scene became more about the music... And I dont know about you. But the music makes a whole lot more sense now...

Oh... and if you were at the Anniversary party... According to alot of the reviews I read... You must have left pretty early. I hear that Danny was dropping 1 sick track after another... :rolleyes:

And just for the record... I am not totally bashing the fact that you like the music a bit Harder... I am a fan as well... But I have also fallen in love with alot of the music that is out now. Change is good...

yo blaze, if you were looking for Exit hard house/trance tracks, then Arc was the wrong place to be in...it's strictly deep and tribal...i guess you didn't noticed hte 'non-glowstick' crowd...nevertheless, Tony Draper started a new party at Webster, might be more of your liking..SF might intrigued you a little too...hope that helps...

i know everyone says i will grow away from the hard house and into the new better produced type of music like the stuff at arc ,but i like to listen to music becaause i like it and nothing to do with being fvked up, i jus like hard house, what about people like scot project, is he ever gona come to nyc. i wana hear HARD HOUSE, no danny howwells or djs like that, i want people like vicious

and i do like the new stuff its just the older harder stuff is filled with so more energy ratrher than the deep, tribal sttufff.

arc was def the wrong place for me, the vibe was to slow and dull, and until i get older and learn to like thats new type of club music out which is what every1 i know says to me,im stikin to hard house,

and any1 who says there was a vibe at arc it wasnt a very good one, way to slow and not amped enough

Originally posted by djinsecto

all the hard stuff has calmed down over the years and its sitting on the edge.....hard traxx will never die !!! lol fuck house !!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all crappy bullshit

house has become the main type of electronic music in clubs now... (not talking raves) ... hard music like hard techno n stuff has definitly calmed down so has my cheesy vox ;p lol ... it just keeps getting softer... wonder whats next... :blank:

shit i hate fucking house and all the sub genres , tribal is ok to dance to when you bored but it has no energy that the fucked up thing about it , also no sick synths ,riffs and all that shit that keeps you going i need to move to holland or italy lol