Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Howells at Trust....

i thought his set was 'ok' i liked his set more the last time he was at buzz when he dropped harder tracks and got into some techno...he did make up for it by coming down from the dj booth to dance with everyone in front of the dj booth. :D

i think sopha ended up going to dream :shaky:

Originally posted by magic8ball

No I didn't snag any records, lol, but i did get a kick out of all the Loooozers that came up saying, "hey do you take requests"? WHAT IS THAT?!! Who says that???

:laugh: :laugh:

classic

:laugh: :laugh:

next time we all have a meet up, i'll ask you if you take requests. :D

I guarded the turntables while he was down there ;-)

Were you guarding the turntables when you called me? That'd be classic!

"Christian!! I can't talk long, I'm guarding Danny Howells turntables!!!"

Can I get an AMEN up in here!?! Sopha...you missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damnit...if I could only remember the songs he played.... I think alcohol really does kill brain cells, its not an urban legend.

I went to the D-tribe party at the edge instead. but it was quite beat though. derrick carter's set was ok. Anyways, i've seen howells enough and now I am at the point where I can skip seeing him and not care if I do.

Vic's quote concerning howells:

"Fuck Howells"

:laugh:

Originally posted by revaluation

It was the worst set danny's ever played...If he ever tried that crap in NY he'd get boo'ed to Brooklyn. It was like listening to the radio...and I probably would've changed the channel. I love Danny usually, but that was pathetic.

thats the way he normally is for 5 hrs in NY

i agree w/neechee over there. . .HELLLLLLA dissappointed on saturday. . .i normally love danny, maybe it's just the longer sets. . .felt like there was no "djing" going on. . .held a mix for like 5 secs each. . .just dropping "tunes" (btw, if i see any of you throwing that "T" sign on the dance floor. . .watchyoself :mad: ). . .and the tunes he did drop were boring and way too consistent. . .a few tight jams here and there. . .overall, he didn't make me dance.

makes me a little nervous, being this critical of danny howells. . .seriously, i love him as much as you all do. . .but saturday was an exception.

richie's set on friday though. . . . :D . no complaints here.

Originally posted by scratchapella

Hmmm, I have heard complaints about Richie on Friday.

I have to agree about Danny. He's one of my favorite DJs, but he was way off on Saturday. It was weird.

Originally posted by Kuro

Hmmm, I have heard complaints about Richie on Friday.

I have to agree about Danny. He's one of my favorite DJs, but he was way off on Saturday. It was weird.

he was probably still cracked out from Miami the previous night.

Originally posted by scratchapella

i agree w/neechee over there. . .HELLLLLLA dissappointed on saturday. . .i normally love danny, maybe it's just the longer sets. . .felt like there was no "djing" going on. . .held a mix for like 5 secs each. . .just dropping "tunes" (btw, if i see any of you throwing that "T" sign on the dance floor. . .watchyoself :mad: ). . .and the tunes he did drop were boring and way too consistent. . .a few tight jams here and there. . .overall, he didn't make me dance.

makes me a little nervous, being this critical of danny howells. . .seriously, i love him as much as you all do. . .but saturday was an exception.

TUNED!!!!!!!!

Just because it wasn't as hard as he normally plays doesn't mean it wasn't good! I'm disappointed that he has to reach ridiculous bpms to get some love from everyone here : (

I think it was a nice set - more appropriate for a lounge, but nice, nonetheless.

It has nothing to do with him being "hard". I don't think either I or scratch mentioned it. Ridiculous bpms? Are you sure you're reading the right board?

I just expect a different level of ability with the top guys. He was obviously really fucked up, couldn't or didn't hold a mix, and basically just played whatever he wanted to hear without any deference to the previous or next song.

Danny's music is normally not "hard". He is usually all over the place, which is why we go see him -- his ability to move seemlessly through genres. There was none of that on Saturday night.

I just expect a different level of ability with the top guys. He was obviously really fucked up, couldn't or didn't hold a mix, and basically just played whatever he wanted to hear without any deference to the previous or next song.

Meh. It happens. I think everyone these days expects too much out of the top DJs. We've all been spoiled. At the end of the day, they're only human.

i guess it didn't help that I saw Diggers on Thurs....

Oh we heard all about it Saturday night...

pete: man, digweed he was... he was... digweed...

me: ...

pete: i'm telling you, he was... he was... he was o-o-o-o-o-oooo...

me: ...

pete: you gotta believe me, digweed was... he was... he was... o-o-o-o-oooo...

me:...

me: OFF THE HOOK???

pete: yeah! off the hook... he was...

me: and *I*'m the stuttering fuck???