Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York City...

Alright, it seems that plenty of you here either live in NYC or frequent the area...so I thought i'd pose this question to you guys here:

If it was someone's first time *EVER* in NYC, what would be your (total) TOP 5 recommendations of things to see, places to eat at, club to go to...you get the picture...that *cannot* be missed to get a taste for what NYC is all about??

Mishka :hat:

Time Square is always a must for Out Of Towners

Hop On the Staten Island Ferry and get a view of the river, the statue and a great panaramic of NYC from a Distance...

Or Hop on the other ferry that actually goes to Ellis Island and Liberty Island...

Clubs... Come on a Friday night and Check out Danny Tenaglia at ARC.... 6 Hubert Street. I would not go until about 3 or 4am.

If you want a view of the city from above go to the Empire State Building. I believe they are letting viewers up around the top again.

I do not know what your interests are. So I am throwing a few things at ya...

As far as restaurants... I have not eaten much in the city... But there are many restaurants in and around Time Square... If you want a restaurant with a wierd atmosphere try MARS 2112. I am not 100% possitive exactly what street but it is somewhere in time square... I have not been there in some time.

If you are into Broadway shows you can get tickets in the Center of Time Square where it split into Broadway and 8th Ave.

As far as anything else. I am drawing a blank...

Originally posted by naughtybabe

The chicken gyro there is the best!! You should try it!

We gotta go one day ;)

Originally posted by lulamishka

Alright, it seems that plenty of you here either live in NYC or frequent the area...so I thought i'd pose this question to you guys here:

If it was someone's first time *EVER* in NYC, what would be your (total) TOP 5 recommendations of things to see, places to eat at, club to go to...you get the picture...that *cannot* be missed to get a taste for what NYC is all about??

Mishka :hat:

Where ya from anyways??

Nope, never. Unless you consider a one hour stop over in the airport a visit to New York.

Haha actually come to think of it, Id never visited Miami..I have a house in West Palm and my aunt lives in Fort Lauderdale..But I definitely want to go soon to check out the nightlife over there...

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

Haha actually come to think of it, Id never visited Miami..I have a house in West Palm and my aunt lives in Fort Lauderdale..But I definitely want to go soon to check out the nightlife over there...

Well if you ever come to South Florida, I personally would skip the nightlife in West Palm AND Ft. Lauderdale and come straight to South Beach & Downtown Miami.

Well if you ever come to South Florida, I personally would skip the nightlife in West Palm AND Ft. Lauderdale and come straight to South Beach & Downtown Miami.

Yeah that's what I meant, definitely South Beach...I've been to a few places in West Palm and they SUCKED! lol

A couple of my girlfriends were just in Miami and said they had the time of their lives

Skip Times Square. If you want a taste of real NY, that is. Real NYers don't do Times Square, you'll just be stuck with a bunch of other tourists anyway, and angry, rushed NYers pissed as fuck at all of them.

There's a good cruise that goes around manhattan; my bf went on it when he first moved here and was very impressed. I'll see if he remembers what it's called.

And you can't miss Central Park. Better still, go online to see what events will be at Summer Stage while you're here.

Grab a Time Out New York magazine and see what's going on the week you'll be here. Being that you live in Miami I'd imagine that you can probably find one before you even come here.