Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rock The Mic

okay, so im going to the rock the mic tour tomorrow at jones beach. friends of mine saw the show in jersey a few days ago..said it was fire. i have good seats, ill be able to enjoy my shit. im pretty excited, ill tell you all how it goes..

you all probally know im hoping my man eminem shows up for a surprise appearance at this shit:)

this is sort of long...just my idle ramblings i guess.....

Got there and Fabolous already started performing..knew i wasnt missing much..he was okay..nothing special

Missy Elliot..when i saw her name up there i was just like..oh fuck, this is the last thing i need..i dunno..she wasnt that good. but she did keep saying HOLLAAA....a lot.

she brought out Genuwine, he did in those jeans. he sounded so good, looked twice as good too:drool:

she also brought out Timbaland..he was okay, he looked reallyy old

I think it was her that brought out Lil Mo....im pretty sure she came out before Fab., but I wasn't there to see it, don't think i missed much though, she's wack

they all did an Aaliyah tribute

who was next??

oh yeah....Busta

let me tell you, this man knows how to work an audiance.

when he went on, it was still light out, and the place wasnt even half full..

Fab and Missy had trouble getting auidance participation, but they didnt really give a fuck. Busta on the other hand was getting pissed. he would stop songs and actually yell at the crowd. he was hilarious. he was like..i'm dissapointed New York, i thought u were louder than this..and he was like i know what the problem is..you think your all too cool. THE BEST was when they shut off the music and let the crowd sing along to Mariah's part in I Know What You Want..and every1 stopped singing at one point. he shut off the music and was like WHAT THE FUCK?! they dont play this damn song on the radio enough?! he was like i dont know what to say. New York must have some bangin weed. every1 went wild :laugh: we lit up a blunt at that time

anyway..yeah so Busta was good. him and Spliff Starr brought out Puffy and did pass the courvoisier..every1 was a little confused. puffy didnt do much up there. he just danced a bit..and sang most of Pharell's part......? whatever, that was lame.

oh wait, he goes..well i dont have any courvoisier, but i do have some hennesey, then he poundedd like half the bottle, it was hilarious.

busta also brought out rah digga...shes was goods

oh yeah, and he brought out Lumidee...woo fucking hoo...i dunno..she was good i guess, nothing special though

50 cent....he was better than i expected, ill give him that. hes not much of a live performer, he just screams really loud sometimes. during 21 questions, the parts where he sings, he couldnt even finish the lines, i thought he was gunna run out of breath and pass out or something. hes a much better rapper than a singer.

i wish he didnt perfrom IN Da Club..

we sparked another blunt during High All the Time:)

he gave Shady a shoutout and said something that really made me think Eminem was gunna come out...but he didnt..i was pissed, to say the least.

jay-z...the last time i saw him perform was that HBO Special on TV, and it was horriblee. of course he brought out the roc..he brought out beanie, meph, freeway, and dame dash. dame dash keeps me the most intersted i must say. he doesnt even get a mic....he just dances around stage the whole time. its really funny, but i like it at the same time:laugh:

he also did an Aaliyah tribute...also for biggie and pac etc..

i really wish he didnt perform H TO the Izzo....:rolleyes:

he brought back some old school jams though....aint no nigga like the one i gottttt..every1 was singing along, awesome

okay. so. overall, i though it could have been much better. it was good though. i was either expecting it to be REALLYY bad or really good. but it was definitely better than worse. busta rhymes is hilarious...im still laughing about some of the shit he was saying:laugh:

jay-z was definitely my favorite part..i dont know if thats good or bad

i smoked like 15 blunts though, that was probally my favorite part actually

Originally posted by ladyshady

jay-z...the last time i saw him perform was that HBO Special on TV, and it was horriblee. of course he brought out the roc..he brought out beanie, meph, freeway, and dame dash. dame dash keeps me the most intersted i must say. he doesnt even get a mic....he just dances around stage the whole time. its really funny, but i like it at the same time:laugh:

he also did an Aaliyah tribute...also for biggie and pac etc..

i really wish he didnt perform H TO the Izzo....:rolleyes:

he brought back some old school jams though....aint no nigga like the one i gottttt..every1 was singing along, awesome

okay. so. overall, i though it could have been much better. it was good though. i was either expecting it to be REALLYY bad or really good. but it was definitely better than worse. busta rhymes is hilarious...im still laughing about some of the shit he was saying:laugh:

jay-z was definitely my favorite part..i dont know if thats good or bad

i smoked like 15 blunts though, that was probally my favorite part actually

lmao this part made me reading this post worth while!!!! GLad to see you had a lot fun and smoked so many fuckin blunts...

no doubt...busta is definitely a crowd pleaser...that's what makes him special...you see the same artist up there rapping to the same songs you have on cd anyway, they gotta do something to get you amped...busta definitely brings that element to it...him and wyclef are ill performers...imo