Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Louie DeVito is America's Most Pathetic DJ

I was up in Boston this past weekend, we stumbled into Sunrise After Hours and unfortunately Louie DeVito was behind the tables. This kid is an absolutely disgrace to those who consider themselves to be a real dj. Sunrise (Diplomat) has two floors, generally house is played downstairs with hiphip upstairs. Louie DeVito was so bad, they started playing house upstairs because he emptied the dancefloor with his horrible mixing and bad track selection in between the radio voiceovers "America's #1 Dj, Louie DeVito!" Are you serious? Not once, but several times!!! Louie DeVito America's #1 ego! The kid was smart enough to license some decent tracks and put them together on a cd for mainstream America. This kid has no business headlining at any venue!!! And to top it off, he told management that he only stays in the Ritz Carlton. Are you kidding? He should have stayed in a Motel 6 with cockroaches! Sunrise would have been better off playing a downloaded live set than paying this character a penny. The sad thing is, mainstream America comes out to see this kid because they've heard of him on cds while the rest of us suffer through his pathetic excuse for a set. LD couldnt move a crowd if he had a bulldozer!

i haven't heard louie live but i don't think he can be that bad...i know the cd's he makes are decent...though it's all studio work, which doesn't mean he's good live...but as far as mixing, he gotta be somewhat on point...just can't imagine someone being so far in difference...=)...he just probably had a bad night...hahahahhaha

Guest saleen351

i almost got into a fight with him about 6 years ago in the booth of xs.. dude was trying to rip me off on some cds...

of course, he's been to the casbah several times, and the 1 or 2 times i've heard him (he usually is there on a friday, and i'm a saturday casbah head), it has truely sucked ass.

he'd be better off putting on NYC 3 and letting it play, than trying to do whatever shit it is he does up in the dj booth.

thank goodness he and dj skribble come on friday nights 90% of the time.

-tony

louis devito "puts together" mainstream dance mix cd's.

he has bad boy joe edit it all together on a computer.

he doesn't even mix or edit anything himself, and hardly goes out to do anything live like that b/c he isn't a dj and can't really hold it down.

that pretty much sums it up...

oh and another thing, the guy is far from being a kid ;) .