Clubplanet Nightlife Community

look at this clown...

sassa

Stoudamire arrested on drug charges

Phoenix — Damon Stoudamire of the Portland Trail Blazers was arrested on drug charges as he boarded a plane at Tucson International Airport.

Stoudamire was arrested Thursday, airport police spokeswoman Paula Winn said Monday.

Winn had no details about the specific charge or the arrest by airport police. A police report was expected to be released later Monday.

Officials at the Pima County jail said Monday Stoudamire was not being held, but could not say how long the player was jailed after being arrested.

Calls to Stoudamire's attorney, Steve Houze, were not immediately returned.

TrailBlazers spokesman Mike Hanson said he was still trying to gather facts and said that it would be premature to make a statement.

Stoudamire has faced drug charges twice before.

In November, Stoudamire and teammate Rasheed Wallace were cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession on Nov. 22 while returning from a game in Seattle.

Stoudamire, Wallace and driver Ed Smith of Portland pleaded innocent. Stoudamire agreed to attend counseling and stay out of trouble for the next year to have misdemeanor charges dropped.

It was not immediately clear how the latest arrest would affect that agreement.

Earlier in 2002, Stoudamire was charged with a felony after police found a large bag of marijuana in his home while responding to a burglar alarm. A judge declared the search illegal, but prosecutors are appealing.

Stoudamire is attending summer school at the University of Arizona and working toward a degree in media arts, with a minor in sports broadcasting, according to a June 27 story published in The Portland Tribune.

joe blow from the street gets arested w/ drugs and gets the slammer. mr.nba star gets arrested with drugs and we need to understand his background and upbringing and the pressure of being a star...while he still makes 10mill playing sports :mad:

the funny thing is how he got caught...asshole didn't even try to hide his shit...all wrapped in foil and sticking in his pocket...:laugh:

he deserved to get busted. :blown:

what's up with nba players getting into trouble nowadays...first, this guy, then kobe, then darrel armstrong...for beating up a bitch cop....who do they think they are, that they can go above the law because they bounce a ball around? fuck you...:blown:

Originally posted by tranzwhore

big deal..so the guy smokes weed? BFD! he can ball.

people who smoke can do alot of things!

those are the rules of the league. if you want to be part of the league you have to abide by the rules. i'm sure if you got caught with weed or other type of drugs, in most cases, your employer would not be as comprehending as a lot of pro-teams are with these athletes, i know for my case i would be immediately terminated from my job and it would be that much more difficult to find a new one. it's been a recurring case with stoudamire ever since he entered the NBA and he's not even the worse case out there.