Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunbathing/Tanning?

Now that the weather is FINALLY nice, how many of you have been soaking up the sun? What do you all think about tanning beds and sunbathing? I know that it is bad for you, but I will never be convinced that pale is in (or that models on the runway and in photo shhots are sporting fake tans from creams and bronzers alone.) I go tanning (in a bed) for a few sessions right before my pool opens, but I always cover my face. When I lay out, I always use sunscreen on my face and usually the rest of my body is fine. I don't know, maybe one day it'll get old, but summer is all about having a healthy glow and why not get it from the sun? What do you think - is it dangerous, not worth the risk of premature aging and skin cancer, etc? Or do you just want to fry?

Originally posted by lizard23

Now that the weather is FINALLY nice, how many of you have been soaking up the sun? What do you all think about tanning beds and sunbathing? I know that it is bad for you, but I will never be convinced that pale is in (or that models on the runway and in photo shhots are sporting fake tans from creams and bronzers alone.) I go tanning (in a bed) for a few sessions right before my pool opens, but I always cover my face. When I lay out, I always use sunscreen on my face and usually the rest of my body is fine. I don't know, maybe one day it'll get old, but summer is all about having a healthy glow and why not get it from the sun? What do you think - is it dangerous, not worth the risk of premature aging and skin cancer, etc? Or do you just want to fry?

I go tanning ALL year round....like you said i dont think it looks good to be pale as a ghost...having at a least a little color to your skin just makes you look healthy.......for me it also makes me feel better when i have color in my skin i feel a lot better.......as for tanning beds go.....i think theyre great as long as you dont abuse them......i used to go every day which was crazy but now i go every other day and maybee every 2 days....its a good start to get a base tan before you go to the beach or to the pool.....

im all about sun whether it be atrificial or real :D :D

i don't necessarily agree with tanning at salons/often in the sun. i think it's harmful and there is nothing wrong with being your natural, god given skin color.

personally, i don't want to have wrinkles on my skin and face when i am older. my mother is nearing 60 years old and she still doesn't have a single wrinkle anywhere. i'd like to keep looking young myself! i will tan if i am at the beach, but i don't go with the intention of tanning -- it is to play in the water and play sports on the beach.

i hate the leathery, old look of tanning too much. i guess moderation is key. :) it's hard to think long term when we are all so young and we think we are invincible. ;)

Originally posted by lizard23

I don't know about tanning all year round - that sounds like it might catch up to you pretty quickly (leathery skin, wrinkles, age spots, cancer, etc.) Don't they say that the beds are worse than the sun?

some say yes some say no

but hey you gotta do what it takes to look good

:cool:

I'll tan once in a while during the year, but most of my tanning is done during the summer....

I like to use the tanning bed basically because its a quick fix....and i dont really have the patience to lie out by the sun all the time...once in a while i can, but usually i get bored.

all I know is that until last fall, I didn't know I was so white. I stopped going to the tanning salons--IT WILL CAUSE DAMMAGE GIRLS DONT DO IT!! I was a very skeptical about self tanners, but with some experimentation, and some practice, it looks so real. Plus, you can be tan all over, mreow!! However, when it wears off, I am SO irish looking!! (I'm 1/2 italian) :laugh:

I go to tanning salons only. I just do it during the spring/summer. I let my skin take a break during the fall/winter. I think laying outside or at the beach is a waste of time and is just as harmful as going to a tanning salon. Staying out there for hours and hours, it gets really boring also. And I don't think I have enough time to drive down to the beach that often. And laying in my backyard is just way to boring for me. Either way it's bad for your skin, but I hate looking white(especially during the spring/summer).

It has never been proven that tanning beds are any worse than the sun. Being in a family of tanning salon owners and having been managing one for 6 years I can tell you that MODERATION is the key. There is no need to be extremely dark. Some people are not comfortable with their skin color, some people are actually told to come to cure acne and oily skin problems.

News reporters have come in for information regarding specific bed types, bulb types, lotions, session times, etc...

THe only 2 reports I have heard was that the Tanning bed was more harmful because of its "quick" tan nature...

The other that Outdoor tanning is worse because of the depletion of the Ozone layer and not being able to control what type of UV exposure you receive.

Tek

Hallucinate? umm....wow

BTW...smoking weed before tanning will give you better results. Proven Fact. There is a chemical agent in the plant it self that helps one tan. Lotions have been coming out like crazy such as HEMPZ, TH-Tan, etc...They all contain Cannibis Sativa they just remove the THC...So smoke up boys and girls and you will get a better tan

Tek

• 5 months later...