Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone been to Saki?

Originally posted by frost350

When the party was promoted as just what it is, then you have no place to down the music like that. You may not have liked it, but plenty of people there did. And my whole point was he makes it look like he represents DCNC and then he made the weak comment about the music. If he was from DCNC, I would make sure everyone knew that DCNC is full of a bunch of hypocrites. But, he is not from DCNC. He just knows people in it. Fine. I'd still like to see how the songs played were "80's remixes." That's the funniest thing I've ever heard when referring to club classics.

Hey, 80's remixes were also club classics! :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kken

cmon, rockyblue is a dood, but he's not japanese.

the short bald japaneese kid is kuro. i believe rocky is from somewhere around there, but he scarfs down hotdogs like there is no tommorow.

When the party was promoted as just what it is, then you have no place to down the music like that. You may not have liked it, but plenty of people there did. And my whole point was he makes it look like he represents DCNC and then he made the weak comment about the music. If he was from DCNC, I would make sure everyone knew that DCNC is full of a bunch of hypocrites. But, he is not from DCNC. He just knows people in it. Fine. I'd still like to see how the songs played were "80's remixes." That's the funniest thing I've ever heard when referring to club classics.

I was wondering why you're getting so hot over this until I noticed you're promoting the Wednesday party at Saki on your website. Relax. Rockyblue is entitled to voice any opinion he wants and if he didn't like the music, so be it. Rocky knows his ish about music, and I'll take his commentary on the music anyday.

Either way, I'm sure it's great night and that many other people loved the music and they're free to say so too.

I'd still like to see how the songs played were "80's remixes." That's the funniest thing I've ever heard when referring to club classics.

-=-

The Eurythmic's timeless signature track, "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)," was first released on the same-titled album on January 4, 1983. This song, which squarely put Annie Lennox on the worldwide pop star map, hit the no. 1 spot on North American billboard charts the same year.

While many of the Eurythmic's songs have climbed the charts, such as "Here Comes the Rain Again" on their November 6, 1983 follow-up album, "Touch," none of them were able to reproduce the wild success that "Sweet Dreams" ushered in.

However, by this time, the Eurythmics, with short-cropped lead singer Annie Lennox and her starkingly severe facial lines and floppy haired instrumentalist David Stewart with his signature enigmatic sunglasses, had cemeted themselves as one of the defacto New Wave 1980s acts within musical history.

-=-

Correct me if I'm wrong but the DJ did drop a remix of "Sweet Dreams" followed by many other 1980s era songs, no?

Originally posted by crank47

I was wondering why you're getting so hot over this until I noticed you're promoting the Wednesday party at Saki on your website. Relax. Rockyblue is entitled to voice any opinion he wants and if he didn't like the music, so be it. Rocky knows his ish about music, and I'll take his commentary on the music anyday.

Either way, I'm sure it's great night and that many other people loved the music and they're free to say so too.

The flyer is on my site but I'm not a promoter for it. And you missed my whole point of saying what I said. Fine, he said some wack shit about the party, so did kken, not a big deal because everyone can have their own opinion. But Rockyblue has the DCNC URL in his signature which makes it look like the organization is downing the same party they solicited donations from. So I wanted to clear it up that he is not from DCNC.

The flyer is on my site but I'm not a promoter for it. And you missed my whole point of saying what I said. Fine, he said some wack shit about the party, so did kken, not a big deal because everyone can have their own opinion. But Rockyblue has the DCNC URL in his signature which makes it look like the organization is downing the same party they solicited donations from. So I wanted to clear it up that he is not from DCNC.

Look, first off, i was the one who mentioned the DJ dropping too many 80s remixes first. rocky just agreed with me. So, if you wanna take any umbrage with anyone, bring it to this stuttering fuck.

I will say the first half of the night's DJ set was good, it was some nice housey stuff. Hell, it must have even been somewhat progressive because I saw revaluation thumpin' his head to the beat... or that coulda been the four drinks he had in him. But once it got to about midnight, the 80s remixes were totally out and about.

You can't deny that one bit.

Guest jroo

-=-

-=-

Correct me if I'm wrong but the DJ did drop a remix of "Sweet Dreams" followed by many other 1980s era songs, no?

was dave seaman spinning at saki that night?? :shaky:

You can't deny that one bit.

I don't deny that there was a lot of 80s era music. But the party was promoted as just that, an 80's era music party or on the flyer, it says "old school underground electronic music." The emails I received and the DJs who even told me first hand, said that's exactly how the night would be, 80's era club, freestyle, and R&B classics. You're comments make it seem as though it was misrepresented.

Look, first off, i was the one who mentioned the DJ dropping too many 80s remixes first. rocky just agreed with me. So, if you wanna take any umbrage with anyone, bring it to this stuttering fuck.

Just to clarify, you said "and no 80s flashback DJ sets please" which, while I don't like what you said, was your opinion. Rockyblue was the one who made the "80's remixes" comment.

Just to clarify, you said "and no 80s flashback DJ sets please" which, while I don't like what you said, was your opinion. Rockyblue was the one who made the "80's remixes" comment.

ugh.:blown:

I don't deny that there was a lot of 80s era music. But the party was promoted as just that, an 80's era music party or on the flyer, it says "old school underground electronic music." The emails I received and the DJs who even told me first hand, said that's exactly how the night would be, 80's era club, freestyle, and R&B classics. You're comments make it seem as though it was misrepresented.

OK, fair enough. I was under impression it was going to be mainly house all night. Tell you truth, I don't know what the affiliation is between Sake and DCNC. I was there just to support DCNC. I would like to think that just about everyone else there was there to kick in some donations to DCNC as well, because from the shit that's been happening around town, bars and lounges are going to need to wake the hell up and realize what's going on before they find themselves without a liquor license and/or proper party permits.

OK, fair enough. I was under impression it was going to be mainly house all night. Tell you truth, I don't know what the affiliation is between Sake and DCNC. I was there just to support DCNC. I would like to think that just about everyone else there was there to kick in some donations to DCNC as well, because from the shit that's been happening around town, bars and lounges are going to need to wake the hell up and realize what's going on before they find themselves without a liquor license and/or proper party permits.

Word, and that's fine. As I pointed out, my comments weren't directed at you. I didn't like your comment about the music but even I can acknowledge you are entitled to your opinion. It was in that special circumstance that I had to comment on Rockyblue's remark. I liked that night a hell of a lot and I'm not on here because that party is on my site. I didn't even know many of you were there. I didn't even know DCNC would be there lookin for donations or maybe I would've brought a little to give up.

Oh well. I'm done. It's cleared up, DCNC didn't make the statement so they are in the clear.

Done and done.

Then it's bad business to come into a party, set up a table, and ask for donations and then walk away from the party making comments that show you didn't approve of the music.

but even if thats the case, a member can have his opinion and emmit it, just as long as he is not talking on behalf of his organization. had rocky said those remarks in an official setting, such as an open meeting or forum where he was representing his organization then that would be different.

In the end, it's up to the people. DCNC is an organization. One that is trying to get donations from people. Now if a member made a comment in a public forum and it was obvious to the public that the person was a member, then it can easily be interpreted that the person is speaking as a member of the organization especially when there is some representation of the organization present (the website's URL).

If the public sees it as a bad statement on the member's or the organization's behalf, it can lead to the detriment of the organization's rep.

When people affiliated with OOB make public comments based on personal opinion, I tell them not to put the OOB link or anything OOB related in their signatures.

If DCNC had made the comment, it would've upset lots of people who would then spread the word of that. That's all I'm saying. I'm sure the DCNC wouldn't want that to happen and neither would anyone who donated. I had to point all of that out so if anyone in the org did care, they would address the issue.

That's all.

I can have Saki's URL in my sig, and talk shit...now would ppl think I'm speaking on behalf of Saki?

DCNC, or any organization for that matter, cannot track down every single person who has the corporation's URL in their sigs, or profiles, and police them for their personal opinions.

The fact of the matter is, not one DCNC member has been reading this thread as far as I know.

whoa, look what i've done.:(

frost350, as you have already discovered, i am not an affiliated, nor do i represent, DCNC. they are a great group of people who are woking hard to save OUR scene, and i commend them for their dedication. i have the url for ther website in my sig because i believe in what they do, and i want others to learn about what's happening.

i was not aware that wednesday was promoted as an "80's era music party." for some reason, i was under the impression that it was a house music night (as was kken), but obviously i was wrong. taking that bit of information into consideration, then yes, dropping multiple 80's remixes in a row makes perfect sense. it was my bad, but i hope you can see where my comment came from.

Can we let this die already? I dunno if the DJ was a close personal friend of your's but music is singularly subjective. No two people are ever going to have the exact same tastes in music.

Personally, I hang out in lounges to have good drinks with friends and hopefully good house music is there to accompany it. I am a child of the 80s so I appreciate 80s music as much as the next guy, like rocky, but I don't want to go to a lounge to hear it, plain and simple. I'm not a music snob, that is just my personal take on the music choice of last Wednesday.

Originally posted by raver_mania

I can have Saki's URL in my sig, and talk shit...now would ppl think I'm speaking on behalf of Saki?

They could. I'm not saying you can only have a URL in your sig if you are affiliated with them. But that's the common reason why people do that. And if the public thinks you represent the business behind the URL, then that could be bad for the business.

Can we let this die already? I dunno if the DJ was a close personal friend of your's but music is singularly subjective. No two people are ever going to have the exact same tastes in music.

Personally, I hang out in lounges to have good drinks with friends and hopefully good house music is there to accompany it. I am a child of the 80s so I appreciate 80s music as much as the next guy, like rocky, but I don't want to go to a lounge to hear it, plain and simple. I'm not a music snob, that is just my personal take on the music choice of last Wednesday.

i think his cow is with rocky's dcnc thingy in his sig.