Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THIS PAST SUNDAY AT THE SURF

I was just wondering what everyone thought of the Surf Club yesterday. Off the Hook, huh. Now what do people think about Surf Club Management? It looks like we have an idea right. Lots of shit being talked on this board and 1/2 of it isn't even right. It is not that management does not value its customers opinions it is important that you, the customer, knows what the fuck you are talking about. Well that was only a preview of what to expect this summer. So watch out.

Surf was DECENT yesterday...IMO the big turnout was more for the VIPs than for anything else! Music was OK...nothing great. Saw the usual faces.

The bands have to go though. That was a total vibe killer to me...everyone standing around looking at each other like "What the fuck is this???" I hope that isn't gonna be a regular thing!

SMOKEE

PS - I did have a great time...Surf is the best place down the shore IMO

[This message has been edited by smokee (edited 05-07-2001).]

I'm going to have to agree with Smokee in that most were there for VIPs. Either way, very nice turn out...I'm sure would have been bigger if was nicer out b/c almost nobody was outside. Big surprise.... NO LINES?? Huge PLUS in my book. Alot of NEW faces in the crowd...but many were the same as years past. Easy to get cards and staff was courteous as usual. Much props for that.

Music...well...IMO very amusing, but uneventful. I got there just as the band was ending and the DJ's took over (around 3:30ish?). See I love going to small NJ places...you get to hear old songs that you haven't heard it awhile which is a nice change... "More Than Life", "I Turn To You", etc. I personally don't think we heard a recent song until almost 8:30pm with "All For You" (No, I don't count "Derb" as new...it's a few months old easily). The mixing was good (a few noticeable skips...but that can't always be avoided), but no real train wrecks (remember needing to end "Dive in the Pool" a bit earlier while the next song was playing and the song in the background of "Silence" was drowning out the lyrics). Also, I think it was Baez...play the damn song already. Teasing and dragging out playing the song doesn't go over well in a small club...it's not open for 12 hours like a Factory or Exit. Just keep feeding us the tunes. But that's just my opinion. Oh and please don't make "Without You" THE summer song?? PLEASE!!! I will say, overall it was a good job for the day.

Did anyone think it was MUCH louder than usual in there? Left with my ears ringing a bit. Also quite muffled if standing in the back. Only somewhat clear on the actual floor or outside.

All in all a good time and great to be back. Only 18 days until Memorial Day weekend begins! Sunday Fundays are back in action!

See ya in two weeks.

addaboy

Archived