Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's up for this Thursday 7/10?

deepfunk

Listen here cali-boy, you picked the right city to check out the best house music... you are just on the wrong night.

Monday nights at Red Dog with Lego and Mark Grant are the best.

Saturday nights at Smartbar are consistently smooth.

Zentra is pumping out the house every weekend - last weekend they had a big show with Gene Ferris and Derrick Carter.

Big Wig has house on Thursdays but they have no listings for this Thursday the 10th.

No matta fool, you gonna be straight where ever you go. Check out these websites and get yo info yo'self, sucka!

urchicago.com

chireader.com (on the left column:hit music, then dance music)

zentranightclub.com

transit.gogga.com

smartbarchicago.com

bigwignightclub.com

Thanks for the info!

Yeah I hear Zentra is sick on the weekends. As for Mark Grant, we released one of his tracks and he's one my all time favorites.

Also, can you recommend a few good record stores?

I'll check the sites now, thanks again

Well I'm back. I wound up finding house right in my hotel! I stayed at the House of Blues hotel and when I came back from seeing the show next door I walked into my hotel and BAM! Chicago house! I wound up getting way drunk, meeting some locals as well as some Miami househeads that were in town and we all found ourselves at Transit later that night. Nice club, good sound, nice vibe.......but NO ONE was there! I know it was late but damn it was empty! I had a blast though.