Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***WANTED: a mixer and two cd decks

Guest jroo

Guest jroo

if you all know of any for sell let me know. i found this for 300 bucks from guitar center what are some of your thoughts??? remember i only need beginer stuff.

800421.jpg

that is a piece of crap that doesn't really teach you the right way to use decks. Get the cheapy Geminis (DJ20 or 30) like I have. The spin control is smooth and more like all the professional ones, but you won't spend more than $100 - 150 a piece for them. Mars always has used mixers for sale. You can pick up a used Numark for like $75. I've had mine (Gemini) for almost 2 years, so they do last.

Otherwise, buy everything new from www.djtronix.com. I use them exclusively. No shipping and they will deliver it in 7 days or less to whatever address you stipulate (in case you're not at home during the day). Prices are comparable too.

Word of caution though to you and anybody else thinking about getting serious about this. I've spent prolly $4000 buying crap equipment, replacing it, and then buying the professional stuff anyway. Raver_Mania did the same thing. If you really wanna get into it, just buy the good shit first and save yourself about $2000 in the long run. Even if you give it up, you can still sell Technics and Pioneer back to Mars or whomever. Odds are you won't sell it back anyway bc the shit is too much fun.

Originally posted by revaluation

that is a piece of crap that doesn't really teach you the right way to use decks. Get the cheapy Geminis (DJ20 or 30) like I have. The spin control is smooth and more like all the professional ones, but you won't spend more than $100 - 150 a piece for them. Mars always has used mixers for sale. You can pick up a used Numark for like $75. I've had mine (Gemini) for almost 2 years, so they do last.

Otherwise, buy everything new from www.djtronix.com. I use them exclusively. No shipping and they will deliver it in 7 days or less to whatever address you stipulate (in case you're not at home during the day). Prices are comparable too.

Word of caution though to you and anybody else thinking about getting serious about this. I've spent prolly $4000 buying crap equipment, replacing it, and then buying the professional stuff anyway. Raver_Mania did the same thing. If you really wanna get into it, just buy the good shit first and save yourself about $2000 in the long run. Even if you give it up, you can still sell Technics and Pioneer back to Mars or whomever. Odds are you won't sell it back anyway bc the shit is too much fun.

I agree 100%. Also, though the latest Numarks TTX's are damn good tables, still go for the Technics - the industry standard is always a good table to start learning on.

I dunno much about CD decks and how different they are between brands.

Guest jroo

i found a 1.5 year old gemini mixer 80 bucks 2 channels

i want to use cd decks because i cant afford vinyl. i try to find those decks you were talking about, brian.

Guest jroo

i see what you're saying about getting the right shit the first time. i found the dj20's you were talking about for 199. im gonna check that website you put up now

169 at djtronix sweet!!

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

be afraid...be very afraid :shake:

i can just imagine a jimmy-jroo tag team of epic trance :eek:

you're so gay that words cant even discribe it.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so that means your gonna get into spinning diva house? :shaky:

only cc music factory remixes from me! :hat:

Originally posted by jroo

they're selling this one for 189 , is it worth it?

gemini cd-400x

djtronix_1746_10899893

ya, that's fine. It's got a lot of bells and whistles on it (FX, Sampler, Cues, etc) might be worth having down the line. The main thing is the jog wheel in the middle. That will get you used to playing with most CD decks....and it is *kinda* like playing vinyl (though not a whole lot)....

Go for the two channel Gemini mixer, but make sure it has a 3-band EQ (high, mid, low), and two inputs per channel (1 phono, 1 line) that way you can add turntables later.

Guest jroo

ya, that's fine. It's got a lot of bells and whistles on it (FX, Sampler, Cues, etc) might be worth having down the line. The main thing is the jog wheel in the middle. That will get you used to playing with most CD decks....and it is *kinda* like playing vinyl (though not a whole lot)....

Go for the two channel Gemini mixer, but make sure it has a 3-band EQ (high, mid, low), and two inputs per channel (1 phono, 1 line) that way you can add turntables later.

cool thanks! here are pics of two mixers that were offered to me. gemini for 80 and a vestax pmc-17 for 150

bpm150.jpg

PMC17.gif

Originally posted by jroo

cool thanks! here are pics of two mixers that were offered to me. gemini for 80 and a vestax pmc-17 for 150

bpm150.jpg

PMC17.gif

ya those'll work....but don't cheat if you get the Gemini with the BPM counter. those are decent prices for both of those

but don't cheat if you get the Gemini with the BPM counter.

Why is it cheating? I'm not being dense, just curious. After all, if I write a macro to create my pivot tables in Excel, does that mean I'm cheating?

Does it not work as well?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jroo
Originally posted by teriaki

Why is it cheating? I'm not being dense, just curious. After all, if I write a macro to create my pivot tables in Excel, does that mean I'm cheating?

Does it not work as well?

you'd better stop talking like that or you're gonna turn shady on.