Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Non-peripheral-vision-women

georgym

It's not every girl, but some of them have this thing where they stare forward, not looking at all on the side of them.

For instance, i saw this one girl this morning, and she was looking nice. I wanted to get her attention, but she had her Jacky-O dark sunglasses on and just kept jetting forward.

they remind me of little bunny rabbits trying to escape wolves :laugh2:

Not that you are guilty of this by any means, but if I see a group of guys (or even 1 creepy one) starting to stare at me, I try not to look at them. I stare straight ahead and walk with my head high. I don't think men will ever understand how uncomfortable a woman can get when they are being leered at and ogled. It's nice to know that you're found attractive, but so many men are not aware that slobbering over a female is repulsive and demeaning. I know that that's not really what you were talking about, but I've trained myself to always look straight ahead when I'm by myself. Creep! Just kidding!

No, im not the leering type.

But if i see an attractive girl, i feel that looking and acknowledging her beauty would get her to look my direction.

Who knows? maybe she's got a man and doesn't look...maybe she's shy. But it's funny how some girls are just so ----------------- without the ~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by lizard23

Pardon?

sorry, i now that was hard to follow :laugh:

this is what i meant:

------------------- = straight, non-peripheral.

~~~~~~~~~ = open, acknowledging.

i can understand if some weirdo dude is oogling, then a girl won't pay attention. But i notice certain girls just do this even if they're just walking

:confused:

Got it. I don't know what to tell you. Like I said before (even though it's not fair) some women have just conditioned themselves to be like this for various reasons - b/c they aren't single, b/c they're looking out for their safety, etc. I know it's hard to understand, but there are a lot of scary people out there and if it means acting like a total bitch to someone to protect myself, I'd rather do that than risk being harmed (remember my thread about the guy who tried to introduce himself to me by sneaking up behind me in a parking garage?) I may be taking this topic a little far/off course though, so who knows?!

Got it. I don't know what to tell you. Like I said before (even though it's not fair) some women have just conditioned themselves to be like this for various reasons - b/c they aren't single, b/c they're looking out for their safety, etc. I know it's hard to understand, but there are a lot of scary people out there and if it means acting like a total bitch to someone to protect myself, I'd rather do that than risk being harmed (remember my thread about the guy who tried to introduce himself to me by sneaking up behind me in a parking garage?) I may be taking this topic a little far/off course though, so who knows?!

oh no.

i can somewhat understand that all. I mean, im not a chick, but i could see how acting like that just to protect yourself from freaky guys would work.

It just sucks, cuz in doing that, you miss some opportunities with us nice gents ;)

Originally posted by gmccookny

It's not every girl, but some of them have this thing where they stare forward, not looking at all on the side of them.

For instance, i saw this one girl this morning, and she was looking nice. I wanted to get her attention, but she had her Jacky-O dark sunglasses on and just kept jetting forward.

they remind me of little bunny rabbits trying to escape wolves :laugh2:

We see it all babe, we just choose to ignore the guys

who are being rude or are unattractive.. but we see

EVERYTHING.. Dont let the glasses fool you :shades2:

I definitely use this as a safety thing too. Its part of "the walk" many women do, especially in the city to protect themselves from anyone, including all the leering men. I have truly come to the conclusion that guys really dont understand how much you have to protect yourself or how often we get harassed just walking where we need to go. so please dont think we are bitches for ignoring those eyes....:smile2:

Originally posted by sxeyecandi

I definitely use this as a safety thing too. Its part of "the walk" many women do, especially in the city to protect themselves from anyone, including all the leering men. I have truly come to the conclusion that guys really dont understand how much you have to protect yourself or how often we get harassed just walking where we need to go. so please dont think we are bitches for ignoring those eyes....:smile2:

Yes, exactly! And I just got reamed for saying the same thing...

i hate the staring, gestures, catcalling... but after a while, gmc, all of it is as bad as the rest of it.

the first thing i did to try to escape it was buy a discman, the second was to move out of new york :laugh: !!!

Originally posted by weyes

i hate the staring, gestures, catcalling... but after a while, gmc, all of it is as bad as the rest of it.

the first thing i did to try to escape it was buy a discman, the second was to move out of new york :laugh: !!!

See, i hate it that these dirty guys gotta oogle and force you gals to behave that way.

I will say, though, that if i see a girl that i find attractive, naturally i will try to get her to look my way by looking at her. Not just her body, but her eyes and her strut too .

But, when a girl is completely oblivious to ANYONE around her, i find that quite bitchy and choosy. Why treat everyone around you like a sleeze when there are nice genuine guys who may be a little shy, and are only trying to acknowledge your beauty ;)

See, i hate it that these dirty guys gotta oogle and force you gals to behave that way.

I will say, though, that if i see a girl that i find attractive, naturally i will try to get her to look my way by looking at her. Not just her body, but her eyes and her strut too .

But, when a girl is completely oblivious to ANYONE around her, i find that quite bitchy and choosy. Why treat everyone around you like a sleeze when there are nice genuine guys who may be a little shy, and are only trying to acknowledge your beauty ;)

In total agreement :aright:

Errrr... not all of us are single... some of us have boyfriends and try to discourage attention from random guys. And anyway, how are we supposed to tell the nice guys from the sleaze??? The devil hath the power t'assume a pleasing form.

Originally posted by tastyt

Errrr... not all of us are single... some of us have boyfriends and try to discourage attention from random guys. And anyway, how are we supposed to tell the nice guys from the sleaze??? The devil hath the power t'assume a pleasing form.

Exactly - Ted Bundy lured most of his victims by pretending to have a broken arm and needing help with something. He seemed like a nice, charming guy at the time, but not after he bashed your head in with a baseball bat. I wish guys would learn to understand why women have the right to be scared of them. There was an episode of Six Feet Under a few months ago where a girl got hit by a car running away from a group of guys that were chasing her. It turns out that they were her friends and thought it would be funny to play a joke on her and even after she died, they still didn't get why she was so terrified that 4 men were chasing her down the street at night.

Exactly - Ted Bundy lured most of his victims by pretending to have a broken arm and needing help with something. He seemed like a nice, charming guy at the time, but not after he bashed your head in with a baseball bat.

GOOD EXAMPLE. See guys- we're not making this stuff up.

Originally posted by tastyt

GOOD EXAMPLE. See guys- we're not making this stuff up.

Ohhh please. Now you're relying on television and serial killers to determine your behavior patterns on the general population :rolleyes:

Look, all im saying is that we're not all Ted Bundy :laugh2:

some of us actually want to talk and hang out. And even if you have a man/husband, that doesn't warrant a need to be bitchy

Ohhh please. Now you're relying on television and serial killers to determine your behavior patterns on the general population :rolleyes:

Look, all im saying is that we're not all Ted Bundy :laugh2:

some of us actually want to talk and hang out. And even if you have a man/husband, that doesn't warrant a need to be bitchy

Honestly... if a random guy wants to talk to a woman... *why* does he want to talk to her... 99 times out of 100, it's because he wants to chat her up... Now, in a city like NY, try to imagine how many times a day a woman encounters a situation like this. And I don't see how simply not looking at someone is construed as being bitchy? I didn't realize that we were obliged to look at every single person we encounter on the streets. :rolleyes:

And if you think that we're blowing things out of proportion by thinking about the safety issue as well... you're sorely mistaken.

Anyway, this is a recurring topic, and apparently there's no amount of explaining that can make it clear what we go through when we want to do something as simple as walk down the street, or even just order a stinkin' sandwhich without getting ogled. If you like you can blame the assholes who can't keep their mouths shut and verbally harrass us, but it doesn't change the facts. It doesn't mean we don't think our shit stinks, because it happens to damn near ALL women, not just the beautiful ones. If y'all can't deal with it, oh well. I've never dated someone I met off the street and my love life is fantastic, so apparently it never hurt me none.