Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Back to The Edge! Friday night July 25th

meng

Originally posted by saleen351

Its called Venue/Starbar...

pit is gone, sound is ok at best, lights are .... well there is lights...

club is big, its nice, star bar is cool, they just can't seem to get anyone to pack it..

major issue is getting people to walk over that way.. its in the corner and reg traffic doesn't wander that way... If you do a party, you must rent those light trucks.. Take is from someone who threw the best party down there and is a lauderdale whore;)

also, since it's a friday, you will compete with voodoo and alure for the clubbing crowd...

You wont beat voodoo, no one can, we came close but still didn't top them, alure does alright, but i don't see this party working at all, but good luck, get your hype machine and phones working asap... lauderdale is a tough sell...

There's no competition. An event like this at the old Edge will bring people. If it doesn't happen, feel free to bash me as much as you want after it happens. ;)

This party is not really intended to get people walking around Ft. Lauderdale to go. This party is old school underground for the people who know what's up. People will be travelling from other cities to come to this as they do for all Hallucination events.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by meng

This party is not really intended to get people walking around Ft. Lauderdale to go. This party is old school underground for the people who know what's up. People will be travelling from other cities to come to this as they do for all Hallucination events.

Exactly... mention the name "The Edge" to anyone that lived in Lauderdale during those times - and that alone will draw people.

I hope this thing rocks. I'm going to try and make it!:eek:

My old roommy is going to go insane when he hears this:D :D

Originally posted by lolahotass

Exactly... mention the name "The Edge" to anyone that lived in Lauderdale during those times - and that alone will draw people.

I hope this thing rocks. I'm going to try and make it!:eek:

My old roommy is going to go insane when he hears this:D :D

I'm not sure if saleen knows about the history of The Edge and how meaningful that place was to a lot of people in the early to mid nineties. When the Edge closed, it was all over....then came the Mix and Shaodwlounge which I cared a lot less for. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if saleen knows about the history of The Edge and how meaningful that place was to a lot of people in the early to mid nineties. When the Edge closed, it was all over....then came the Mix and Shaodwlounge which I cared a lot less for. :rolleyes:

The Edge was before I even moved down here... but my roommate and several other peeps have filled me in many times on their nights at the Edge..... That place was this shitttttttttttttttttttttttt:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by illuminaughty

whos dj'ing Bruce Wilcox or Mike Sharpe and who can forget "atmospheric alterations" by Drew Bongiorno

that would be way too much Deja Vu for me to handle . major flashbacks :woah:

Bruce and Mike won't be spinning at this....would be nice to have them, though.....

Bruce and Mike won't be spinning at this....would be nice to have them, though.....

yeah I figured that Bruce still runs Grooveman as far as I know and has put his dj'ing behind him as for Mike Sharpe who knows?

they both had great carreers at The Edge and moved on

would love to hear Bruce bang it out one last time an play

" Loose Caboose" :D

yeah I figured that Bruce still runs Grooveman as far as I know and has put his dj'ing behind him as for Mike Sharpe who knows?

they both had great carreers at The Edge and moved on

would love to hear Bruce bang it out one last time an play

" Loose Caboose" :D

Hey I'm playing Loose Caboose that night!:cool:

what about that Dj icey track I think it's called a one, and a two, and a three, and a four OMG id love to hear that shit

def. an Edge classic

Listen man...I don't know who you are but you have to stop giving away what I'm going to play that night!

Oh Boy!!!

Illuminaughty has a firm hold on some good track ideas!!!

At any rate...Sean and I have a nice collection of tracks that will bring back wonderful memories of a time lost only in our memories and a flurry of current goodies to keep the night a flavorful moving along nicely. The idea of promoting this party with "the Edge" concept in mind lends itself to make for a really really fun night! With guys like Merlyn and Wendel, J&H and Monk on the roster, you've got yourself plenty of old school in there to go around. Though Sean and I are reletively new to the DJ circuit in South Florida...our collections are quite respectable, to say the least!

I can't wait to unleash my diverse collection of classic wax on this night...I do it every so often on the womb and regularly include tracks such as Loose Caboose / Crazy Train, MotherEarth, Nu Jack, Watch Me Now, etc into my weekly sets both online and at Level. Getting the opportunity to throw it down at a place such as The Edge, which holds such fond memories of those who slammed it back then, at the same point in time that I was going crazy in Gainesville at Simons is what makes this one truly a special and exciting event occassion!!!

See you there!!!

Peace,

FX

I am personally offended by this party! Exactly what does this have to do with "The Edge"? I hate to compare "The Edge" to other venues, especially ones with bigger reputations, but... The is like doing a "Sound Factory" party without Junior Vasquez.

No Bruce Wilcox? No Mike Sharpe? No Daydreamin'? No Ken Coleman? No Thomas Penton (AKA - DJ PEZ)? These were the residence. The most well know of the local DJs who can call themselves residence. All of these people still DJ (yes even Bruce) and some of them even have decent careers. I don't know what you guys are thinking'! Did you even think to ask?

You guys have no business doing this party and attaching "The Edge" name to it in any way!!!!

There are so many people (myself included) who were part of this chapter in South Florida nightlife and whom you have conveniently left out. Bruce Wilcox, Jason Moore, and Myself were the promoters of that party. We started it, we built it from nothing to record breaking numbers, and when it started to die down we were out. Mike Sharpe took over from that point and breathed 2 more years into it's life span.

I know you could have contacted Bruce, Mike, or myself about coordinating this party and giving it the credibility needed to truly call it an Edge event, but our phones never rang. I have NO PMs in my box! You know my roommate so you must know how to get hold of me, and everyone knows where Bruce works.

THIS IS WEAK!

Drew Bongiorno

Originally posted by drewbongiorno

I am personally offended by this party! Exactly what does this have to do with "The Edge"? I hate to compare "The Edge" to other venues, especially ones with bigger reputations, but... The is like doing a "Sound Factory" party without Junior Vasquez.

No Bruce Wilcox? No Mike Sharpe? No Daydreamin'? No Ken Coleman? No Thomas Penton (AKA - DJ PEZ)? These were the residence. The most well know of the local DJs who can call themselves residence. All of these people still DJ (yes even Bruce) and some of them even have decent careers. I don't know what you guys are thinking'! Did you even think to ask?

You guys have no business doing this party and attaching "The Edge" name to it in any way!!!!

There are so many people (myself included) who were part of this chapter in South Florida nightlife and whom you have conveniently left out. Bruce Wilcox, Jason Moore, and Myself were the promoters of that party. We started it, we built it from nothing to record breaking numbers, and when it started to die down we were out. Mike Sharpe took over from that point and breathed 2 more years into it's life span.

I know you could have contacted Bruce, Mike, or myself about coordinating this party and giving it the credibility needed to truly call it an Edge event, but our phones never rang. I have NO PMs in my box! You know my roommate so you must know how to get hold of me, and everyone knows where Bruce works.

THIS IS WEAK!

Drew Bongiorno

This is a Hallucination event and as far as I can remember, Monk and Rabbit in the Moon and Jackal and Hyde are and have always been about the underground....same as The Edge.....If you have a problem with it, take it up with Hallucination....you're getting upset because Mike Sharpe and/or Bruce Wilcox aren't spinning?...so what?.....as if The Edge never had Monk or Rabbit in the Moon come down to the Edge and rock the place.....please....

correction...I thought it was a hallucination event but it's not....I think the promoter of the event is contacting you, Drew....