Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MBA's......need advice

iamme

I've been thinking alot about this, and can't really decide what to do. Curious what everyone thought about MBA's.

Is it worth it? What have been your experiences with MBA's or people you know who have gotten them.

This is my situation...I'm 22 years old, a Finacial Advisor for 1 yr +(so i finally have some relevant business experience), and not particularly happy with my career or persuing it for the rest of my life. Even if I did like it, I would more or less have to give up my practice in a few years if I wanted to persue a MBA.......SO, should I jump on the MBA train NOW if at all?? (also, this job market sucks donkey dick)

Appreciate any help. Many thanks.

NS

i definitely suggest u go out and get ur mba. an MBA from Baruch gets u a base salary of $80,000 a year ...not to mention schools like Whorton. think of it as an investment in your future...how much it costs is really not important because with the salary you'll make because of it will pay back the loan in no time. A college education is starting to mean less and less...

im an accountant..(well..sort of..until i get my CPA i dont consider myself a real accountant)...and soon enough theyre gona make it mandatory to have graduate school (mba prolly) in order to become a CPA.

Definetly go for your MBA in this fast paced world its either kill or be killed and theres people who are taking advantage of this SHITTTTTY economy and goin back to school. So if you dont want to be left out of the loop i suggest you sharpen you pencil and put your thinking hat on ;) Baruch has a GREAT part-time MBA program in Finance and Accounting... and their programs in other stuff are top shelf.