Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has anyone else heard that Satellite is closing?

bassboy

Yoshitoshi was a great store too.. now closed. :(

Now I hear that Satellite is going to close it's doors and just sell online? Has anyone else heard this?

Downloading is killing the record industry and the ultimate result will be no new music b/c there are no profits anymore.

What other good record stores are left, Wham?

Originally posted by bassboy

Yoshitoshi was a great store too.. now closed. :(

Now I hear that Satellite is going to close it's doors and just sell online? Has anyone else heard this?

Downloading is killing the record industry and the ultimate result will be no new music b/c there are no profits anymore.

What other good record stores are left, Wham?

i posted about this about 3/4 months ago. the reasons i was told were they were always late paying their distributors and now down to 1 distributor that allows orders on weekly payment. i havent heard anything since then though about closing, but the source was very good;)

Originally posted by bassboy

Uhuh. Well, what other good record stores are left?

8ball,decadance and a few others. i deal with just ordering from the net once or twice a week much easier than dealing with driving into the city now like i used to every mon/tues

yeah but so many online stores only give you parts of the track, which sucks...

and I love going to the record store and spending an afternoon in my head while I try all kinds of new music. It makes me feel more in touch with the electronic movement.

I had heard satellite was closing back in march...but haven't heard much about it since then...

So I don't know...

I do know that the mom n pop record shops we love are dropping like flies though....

And it's happening everywhere from NY to Florida to Cali...

SOOO not good.

buying online is cool, but nothing is better then making a day going from store to store and just listening to good beats, sattelite i never liked the old store was too small and the new store is too big...it has no vibe to it...i actually miss beyond bass, johnny vicious's store, never really got alot of trax while i was in there but it was coo to sit around with the ppl there and bs about the industry......metro dj's is a good spot i spun with the owner a few months back and my boy goes there alot i avent made it up there yet, but im trying to...