Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultimate War: TEMPTS vs. MERGE

... i want everyones opinions.

is it a club war... or is it a war of Tsettos keeping his crowd. vs. the opening of a new club.

in my opinion, if Denny can keep tempts bangin, and keep his crowd, not only has he won the war, I think he will be respected by alot more people once again.

any takes?

------------------

... to those who wait, good things shall come

The speakers were kicking out deep bass deep bass deep baaaaaass.

Email: En0rgize@aol.com

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-the only thing good about war is the end of it- cwm25.gif

------------------

cathat3.gif

"How did it get so late so soon?

It's nite before it's afternoon.

December is here before it's June.

My goodness how the time has flewn.

How did it get so late so soon?"- Dr. Seuss

do you really believe that merge is gonna compete with tempts. wrong try again dumbass merge will not be able to compete with tempts for a couple of reasons true tempts people dont care about merge just going to tempts plus merge owners are not smart enough to get a dj who will bring that crowd over but merge will do just fine cause their are people who dont like tempts or that just want a change of pace so it will do just fine but it will not be tempts

Holy shit LMFAO fell of my chair.

Tempts and Denny will always rule the blvd.

The thing about Tempts and Denny's fans are is they know the deal already and Merge and even if they fet the so called Phazon won't steal the crowd.

But I'm sure Merge will do good.More and more people are hitting the shore in large #s so every club and bar draws a crowd because not everybody's the same.I plan on checking Merge out before I go to Tempts but I will always end up at Tempts.If Merge is smart they will make friday night their better night and put their best dj in that slot because last year fridays sucked at seaside.Xs was horrible with Manny the Greek who plays the same set in the same order every week and his dunb ass goof ball looser friend mc get izzy bizzy shut the fuck up already.

Flizz: are you calling me a dumbass? cause if you are, re-read the post dickie, Im not taking sides of either club. in all due respect to the owners of Merge, Tempts will always own the blvd.

As far as Fridays go: Louis Todaro is going to be spinning.

and according to nicky sibilia the saturday night spot is going to baez or coviello.

------------------

Who was expecting this question to be asked? I was surprised it took so long. Why do you think it will be a war? Does it have to be? Some of you just love to start drama. The jersey shore is a big place. Alot of people from alot of places go there. And if there was some more quality clubs down there ( in the past there wasn't) there would definitley be even more peole there. As a matter of fact, this year it seems likemore people then ever are getting shore houses and talking about seaside unlike i have seen in recent years. If it took a club like MERGE to go down and make people take notice, i am glad they are there. Everyone and there grandmother are talking about this place. I think it will be good overall for seaside. TEMPTS is TEMPTS. Thats dennys home, some people live for it, som people can stand the thought of it. Now there will be 2 monster clubs for us to go to. I know alot of people are really tired of tempts, and i think they are way behind the times.I still cannot understand what the story is with XS. No one ever wants to go there. Last year they gave the people standing on line at TEMPTS free passes to go to XS and they still would not go in. Anyway, as far as who wins this "war". The odds have to go to the new spot. Everyone, and i mean, EVERYONE, will go and check out MERGE its new, and ithas a large following from metro. If the right thing was done with it, they will go back and keep going back, then TEMPTS will have a big problem. Maybe having some competition down there will make all the club work harder and give us better clubs.Looking foward to the summer, i think MERGE is gonna take it.From what i was told, it is gonna have the best dj line up that has been at the shore in a long time. I think they are only gonna be open on saturday and sunday. Let the best club win..........

Originally posted by slim007:

if merge is smart they will try and bring in a totally different crowd . . .but i guess it is wait and see!!!

there is no different crowd down the shore... come on we all know that.... meatheads meatheads & more meatheads followed by a sea of silicon....... gotta love seaside........

They aren't two totally different crowds, but they are somewhat different!

Think about the people who go to Friday nite at Metro they really aren't the same crowd at Temps.

Don't worry about Denny he'll do just fine.

How gay-lets starta club war!!!

Good luck to both

Like I said before go where your gonna have the best time, at least the opening of Merge will weed out the undesireables from Temps !!!!

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

My question to Justin is......

How long before you are of age to get into a club? Aren't you still in High School??? Have you even heard Denny spin or Andrew spin "live".

Please....this is the dumbest post yet.

Who's gonna win the war???

Concentrate on your term papers SON!

Merge will no doubt be great. And compared to Tempts , i think there will be no comparision.Think about it and compare:

lighting

sound

crowd

music

theme parties

even the staff

if all of this stuff is even as half as good as it is at metro, Merge is gonna be great. I think both will do really good.Anything to stay away from the bamboo or XS sounds good to me.

Originally posted by clubchick:

Merge will no doubt be great. And compared to Tempts , i think there will be no comparision.Think about it and compare:

lighting

sound

crowd

music

theme parties

even the staff

if all of this stuff is even as half as good as it is at metro, Merge is gonna be great. I think both will do really good.Anything to stay away from the bamboo or XS sounds good to me.

ARE YOU STILL HERE? STFU! Have you been to MERGE to see the lighting, crowd, sound, theme parties (WHATEVER WITH THAT!), and the staff? YOU DON'T EVEN MAKE SENSE...THE PLACE ISN'T EVEN FINISHED YET! Stop beefing up something you have no clue about. Nobody can make judgement on something they have NEVER experienced! XS is going to be DOPE anyway.

cwm25.gif

------------------

"Hold on Tight...Enjoy the Ride" -DT

Spilled Milk On The Face Will Not Be Considered Make-Up This Evening!

Bumparella: Yes, still in highschool but yet I went and heard Denny spin at exit. just about every saturday when he was at exit.

as far as andrew, i have heard andrew play at sound factory, cheetah, and metro. so just cause i am young, has NOTHING to do with the fact of who I have, and have not heard.

cwm6.gif

------------------

and i hate to burst your bubbles people, it was just a post. so let's get all mad and swole and pissed off that i posted tempts vs. merge and wanted to see peoples opinions. so sad. cwm33.gif

------------------

Metro Lounge when they first opened was great, then when they renovated it, it was even better. In the past 3 years, it has remained a classy club with great music and a great looking crowd. If Merge is gonna be anything like Metro Lounge then it's totally uncomparable to Tempts. That's like asking if classy and trashy can compete or compare. It's a ridiculous question.

No doubt both clubs will be packed....But if I had a choice between two clubs, both with great music, I would much rather go to the club with the better atmosphere. Besides the fact that Merge will be fresh new blood in the Jersey shore, and people always want something new to try. In my opinion I believe that the quality of people and atmosphere at Merge will outdo Tempts. cwm30.gifcwm7.gifcwm1.gif

Originally posted by DANCEGLITTER:

Metro Lounge when they first opened was great, then when they renovated it, it was even better. In the past 3 years, it has remained a classy club with great music and a great looking crowd. If Merge is gonna be anything like Metro Lounge then it's totally uncomparable to Tempts. That's like asking if classy and trashy can compete or compare. It's a ridiculous question.

No doubt both clubs will be packed....But if I had a choice between two clubs, both with great music, I would much rather go to the club with the better atmosphere. Besides the fact that Merge will be fresh new blood in the Jersey shore, and people always want something new to try. In my opinion I believe that the quality of people and atmosphere at Merge will outdo Tempts. cwm30.gifcwm7.gifcwm1.gif

Is that you again dance crud left on the bottom of my shoe? Yes there are many meat heads that go to Tempts but you cannot deny the VIBE. I like Metro but everytime I have been there, no energy in the room. I would rather be where people are letting loose and having a great time. It isn't about class because you obviously have none and will be at Merge!

Who cares whats better, bottom line is the customers are the ones who benifit from competition. Ill go to the one with the smaller line...... Just go out with your friends and have fun... a simple concept that most on this board seem to of forgotten.

Why don't we all bash Bedlam again for buttfucking us last Memorial Day?

MERGE will be hot... No doubt... Merge will attract a classier crowd. If I feel like getting sweaty and ate up I'll hit up Temps. Both places will be bangin, it just depends what night you want to have. CHOICE IS KEY.

GroWL

------------------

AOL: Italiamale1977

amen to that sandman,i h ave been going to seaside for 6 years ,and its good to have a little competition dont get me wrong ,i enjoy temps but if the line is down the boulevard no doubt about ,i will go to merge,and check it out,i am not waiing on a line that will take forever even with a "vip" card the line for it is always long as hell so whicheever lione is shorter for the club thats where i will be it;s all about having a good time and being with friends ,and hopefully for me meeting and getting with the some ladies. cwm26.gif

Competition= more choices of where we spend our hard earned money.

Also each club will have to raise the bar. ie. if one is falling behind then perhaps some NY djs will come in for a guest spots to win back their customers. We all drop and average of 50-100 bucks (not counting cover) in these joints, let them bend the fuck over so we can choose who will fuck us in the wallet best.....

A lot of people are freaking out but its safe to say the music will be great at both places.....

This subject will probably be posted a lot this summer....

Um, You people are leaving out a little something and that is the million dollar renovations that they just put into Club XS! I was privileged to see both new clubs and not saying that Merge doesn't look pretty good so far, BUT It honestly doesn't even compare to XS! So if it's a new place ur lookin to be, well nevermind, YOU be the judge.

Originally posted by gammaboy:

there is no different crowd down the shore... come on we all know that.... meatheads meatheads & more meatheads followed by a sea of silicon....... gotta love seaside........

Ok which category do u fit into?...and I might have boobs..but they are all real..

Archived