Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultimate War: TEMPTS vs. MERGE

Tempts is in for a big suprise. New blood, new everything, a follwoing from Metro. Merge is going to do great. There are enough people to go around. But come on, Denny is not all that. At tempts everyone says how great he is and all that. Ok it is a crazy place and with all the drugs and alchol there should be tons of enegry. But how come he sucked at Exit and World. No enegry in either of those ploaces. Yes they were packed and him and Eddie alternated. But the music still sucked. Everyone went because it was new not because of Denny. The world party is nice, good looking crowd, but the music is not all that and the place has no or little enegry. Also I heard Andy is not going to playing there and Eddie Baez is a resident. I like Eddie alot more then Denny. Plays harder and new music, not old stuff.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread is funny...

i guess all JERSEY HEADS HAVE FOUR OPTIONS THIS SUMMER...

TEMPS.......MERGE....XSS....SURFCLUB.....

i think it pretty cool..at least you people will have elbow room..what will suck is if all the JOHNNIES that are lifting right this second are juiceing..space will be limited..

cwm23.gif JOHNNIES SHIRTS ON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by thesandman:

Competition= more choices of where we spend our hard earned money.

Also each club will have to raise the bar. ie. if one is falling behind then perhaps some NY djs will come in for a guest spots to win back their customers. We all drop and average of 50-100 bucks (not counting cover) in these joints, let them bend the fuck over so we can choose who will fuck us in the wallet best.....

A lot of people are freaking out but its safe to say the music will be great at both places.....

This subject will probably be posted a lot this summer....

Good point. I'll chk. out Merge 'outta curousity. Temps is and will remain my Sat. night home.

Originally posted by tintin:

Tempts is in for a big suprise. New blood, new everything, a follwoing from Metro. Merge is going to do great. There are enough people to go around. But come on, Denny is not all that. At tempts everyone says how great he is and all that. Ok it is a crazy place and with all the drugs and alchol there should be tons of enegry. But how come he sucked at Exit and World. No enegry in either of those ploaces. Yes they were packed and him and Eddie alternated. But the music still sucked. Everyone went because it was new not because of Denny. The world party is nice, good looking crowd, but the music is not all that and the place has no or little enegry. Also I heard Andy is not going to playing there and Eddie Baez is a resident. I like Eddie alot more then Denny. Plays harder and new music, not old stuff.

Thanks for the input!!!! I guess you'll be at Merge???? Such a shame. I mean..it's people like you that bring CLASS to clubs!!! Such knowledge!!!!

I like Eddie. See Spot Run. Denny is bad. I do lines. With all the drugs there should be a vibe. wink.gif The sky is blue.

BTW....Crack kills

cwm35.gif

Originally posted by queenbitch:

Is that you again dance crud left on the bottom of my shoe? Yes there are many meat heads that go to Tempts but you cannot deny the VIBE. I like Metro but everytime I have been there, no energy in the room. I would rather be where people are letting loose and having a great time. It isn't about class because you obviously have none and will be at Merge!

I find it so funny how people are talking so much about a club that hasn't even opened yet. The only thing I can say is...time will tell and unless someone here is MOTHER LOVE....STFU!

cwm40.gifcwm40.gif

Originally posted by tintin:

Just out of curiosity aren't you happier in the summer? Well I know I am as are most of my friends. So therefore our whole demeanor changes, which should explain to you the energy in Temps. If not let me explain further, people are much more relaxed and happy in the summer which leads them to just let loose and party a lot easier then in the winter. They enjoy things more, which includes the DJ. For only about 16 weeks out of the year we get to be down the shore in our favorite club so we're going to enjoy it. Denny rocked at Exit and World if you ask me but no it wasn't the same as Temps. Nothing is!

Oh and Eddie will be the DJ on Sundays, Alex Coviello is doing Saturdays.

------------------

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

Guys, let me tell you, there is no way tempts is gonna be able to touch merge. I live down here, and all the hype is about merge. Everyone down here thinks tempts is played out.Same thing, every night, every summer. And the same dj every night? Thats BORING!!!!And i am sorry to say, but, denny has really lost anything that he has ever had. I have heard him at world many times, every time i heard him, not only does he play and do the same exact mixes everytime, there was no , and i mean ,NO energy or vibe in the entire club. The only reason to go to world is cause the girls are hotties! I no dennys fan club will come out to defend,and i dont want to hear, HE PLAYS BETTER AT TEMPTS, TEMPTS IS HIS HOME......GET REAL! If you are good, you are good , dont make excuses, at that level, you are supposed to be good all the time, but i am not bashing, just telling it like it is. Have you seen anyone, even on this board come on and say, WOW! DENNY WAS OUT OF CONTROL LAST NIGHT, or, DENNY BLEW THE ROOF OFF OF WORLD LAST NIGHT.......NEVER! I guess he is stuck in the time that he was hot, i think that time is over.As far as merge, i have been inside , and have seen what they have done. It looks great.When you walk in you will not even recognize the old club, it is totally, totally different. And more importantly, i heard its gonna sound great. The same people that made twilos sound did the sound for merge. As far as xs, no one down here even talks about that place. I have been inside there also. Beilieve it or not, they made xs smaller!!!!!!!! They said they are tired of not being able to pack the whole club so they made it smaller so they can open the top floor all the time. It looks cool cause the cieling is so high, but for some reason, xs never does any business. I think it will do even less now with merge there. Merge vs tempts.... i think it will be a battle,while they are battleing it out, we all will be having fun, getting f**ked up, and havin the summer of our lives..... i hope.

I'll see everyone who matters at Temps this weekend, the rest of you stay up North and go fuc* yourselves!!!

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

Originally posted by shoreboy:

Guys, let me tell you, there is no way tempts is gonna be able to touch merge. I live down here, and all the hype is about merge. Everyone down here thinks tempts is played out.Same thing, every night, every summer. And the same dj every night? Thats BORING!!!!And i am sorry to say, but, denny has really lost anything that he has ever had. I have heard him at world many times, every time i heard him, not only does he play and do the same exact mixes everytime, there was no , and i mean ,NO energy or vibe in the entire club. The only reason to go to world is cause the girls are hotties! I no dennys fan club will come out to defend,and i dont want to hear, HE PLAYS BETTER AT TEMPTS, TEMPTS IS HIS HOME......GET REAL! If you are good, you are good , dont make excuses, at that level, you are supposed to be good all the time, but i am not bashing, just telling it like it is. Have you seen anyone, even on this board come on and say, WOW! DENNY WAS OUT OF CONTROL LAST NIGHT, or, DENNY BLEW THE ROOF OFF OF WORLD LAST NIGHT.......NEVER! I guess he is stuck in the time that he was hot, i think that time is over.As far as merge, i have been inside , and have seen what they have done. It looks great.When you walk in you will not even recognize the old club, it is totally, totally different. And more importantly, i heard its gonna sound great. The same people that made twilos sound did the sound for merge. As far as xs, no one down here even talks about that place. I have been inside there also. Beilieve it or not, they made xs smaller!!!!!!!! They said they are tired of not being able to pack the whole club so they made it smaller so they can open the top floor all the time. It looks cool cause the cieling is so high, but for some reason, xs never does any business. I think it will do even less now with merge there. Merge vs tempts.... i think it will be a battle,while they are battleing it out, we all will be having fun, getting f**ked up, and havin the summer of our lives..... i hope.

You stated you're from the "shore" right???

I guess that explains it. Got teeth???

Your entire NOVEL made no sense. Tempts is going to ROCK and Merge will definitely hold it's own. Do yourself a favor....go get that mug and continue on in Riggers!

Let's hope Merge/Bermuda holds it's old SHORE crowd on Saturdays!

cwm30.gifcwm30.gifcwm30.gif

Originally posted by bumparella:

You stated you're from the "shore" right???

I guess that explains it. Got teeth???

Your entire NOVEL made no sense. Tempts is going to ROCK and Merge will definitely hold it's own. Do yourself a favor....go get that mug and continue on in Riggers!

Let's hope Merge/Bermuda holds it's old SHORE crowd on Saturdays!

cwm30.gifcwm30.gifcwm30.gif

Funny, but I was going to ask the same thing! That damn Tom's River water, stop drinking it! Turns your brain to mush!

------------------

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

I don't know what you guys are thinking... Who wants to hit up those clubs when you can hit up the SAWMILL!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Gotta love their pizza! The pies are the size of small airplanes!

GrowLLLlll

SEASIDE 2001!!!! SAWMILL! BE THERE!!!

cwm24.gifcwm27.gif

------------------

AOL: Italiamale1977

Originally posted by Kermzy:

Funny, but I was going to ask the same thing! That damn Tom's River water, stop drinking it! Turns your brain to mush!

Not only your brain but your TEETH!!! What the hell do they do with them down there???? Swallow um??? Eenny Meeny Miney Moe....I got 4 teeth...Where'd the rest GO????

Seaside Chant 2001

cwm14.gifcwm14.gifcwm14.gifcwm14.gifcwm14.gif

"I live down here, and all the hype is about merge." That's all it iz, iz hype? U people act like there re-opening the fkn Palladium!

"The same people that made twilos sound did the sound for merge." How bout NOT!

"As far as xs, no one down here even talks about that place. I have been inside there also. Beilieve it or not, they made xs smaller!!!!!!!!" What did u go in with one eye closed! Or maybe u coudn't see past the outside balcony on the 2nd floor the full length of the club!!

"xs never does any business. I think it will do even less now with merge there." Please do me the favor of not bieng part of the buisness were not gonna do at XS!!

The truth of the matter is the summer is gonna b banging....make ur own choices n decisions when the time comes. BUT, until then STFU already!!

------------------

Relax ur mind.....Lay back n groove with mine!

Come on people. What is up with all the bashing? You ladies get all over anyone who says anything bad about Denny or Tempts. Are you part owner or related tom Denny get that mad? Just like you love him, some people may dislike his music. Who cares. Dont give me shit about stating the truth. I have no problem with you. As far as this little wars goes, Temtps will be amazing as always and Merge will do amazing too. There Metro club is one of best around and I am sure that will cary over to Merge or even be better than Metro becuase of the crowd that is down there. I am looking forward to a great summer of clubbing. cwm20.gif

Come on people. What is up with all the bashing? You ladies get all over anyone who says anything bad about Denny or Tempts. Are you part owner or related tom Denny get that mad? Just like you love him, some people may dislike his music. Who cares. Dont give me shit about stating the truth. I have no problem with you. As far as this little wars goes, Temtps will be amazing as always and Merge will do amazing too. There Metro club is one of best around and I am sure that will cary over to Merge or even be better than Metro becuase of the crowd that is down there. I am looking forward to a great summer of clubbing. cwm20.gif

Just cause i live down here, i did not say i live in the welfare ridden seaside. I live in toms river.Its alot different,but you would only know this if you lived down here. I never used to step foot in the old bermuda club, that crowd was gross. I think Merge is gonna be a whole different story. And if this week end was any indication, tempts is gonna suck. The music was crap, and they made us wait on a fake line, while there was no one inside. What a joke. Tempts better wake up.

Originally posted by bumparella:

Not only your brain but your TEETH!!! What the hell do they do with them down there???? Swallow um??? Eenny Meeny Miney Moe....I got 4 teeth...Where'd the rest GO????

Seaside Chant 2001

cwm14.gifcwm14.gifcwm14.gifcwm14.gifcwm14.gif

You are cracking me up!!!!! Where did you pull that one out of?? Funny how all this flappin is going on BEFORE the summer has even begun!! Tempts will be Tempts - PACKED!!! And Merge will be MERGE. And XS will be XS!! I think a lot of people will try it all out. Change is good, and this is what the shore needed. I hope Tempts, Merge, and XS all do really well - BUT YOU KNOW EVERYONE WILL ALWAYS WIND UP AT TEMPTS!!!

Have a great summer everyone!! Enjoy it - don't fight over it!

------------------

Mama always said, It is best to Look like Jackie O, than a Jacked Up Ho!!

Jersey Joel your old and played out, just like your club DJ Staff and sound system. I think some of your bartenders were servin my parents. Everybody talks about your bouncers their so good they rule, they suck I never heard of a bouncer refusing a tip to beat the line get a clue how things are done. Joel get to gatehouse with the rest of the 80's rejects. Merge will emerge as the Spot this summer. Tempts is done, unless they get some young promoters to bow it back . get a clue

Jersey Joel your old and played out, just like your club DJ Staff and sound system. I think some of your bartenders were servin my parents. Everybody talks about your bouncers their so good they rule, they suck I never heard of a bouncer refusing a tip to beat the line get a clue how things are done. Joel get to gatehouse with the rest of the 80's rejects. Merge will emerge as the Spot this summer. Tempts is done, unless they get some young promoters to bow it back . get a clue

Hello, tempts is played out just like its Promoter Joel or whatever he claims to be and the rest of staff bartenders bouncers Dj everything the snotty brat at the door.I wis h you would get to the gatehouse with the rest of the 80's rejects. Please come into the new era. promote and not at soundgarden who's busy 2 nights a week when you give out vips there. that place is sad sorta like Tempts will be. Whoever the owner is send Joel back to munckinland and the bouncers to Jenny Craig, The DJ is already a has been. Petey K and Merge Will run the Blvd from now till-----??????? Get a Clue Hey door guys learn that tips to cut the line are a part of the business. Your all losers

Hello, tempts is played out just like its Promoter Joel or whatever he claims to be and the rest of staff bartenders bouncers Dj everything the snotty brat at the door.I wis h you would get to the gatehouse with the rest of the 80's rejects. Please come into the new era. promote and not at soundgarden who's busy 2 nights a week when you give out vips there. that place is sad sorta like Tempts will be. Whoever the owner is send Joel back to munckinland and the bouncers to Jenny Craig, The DJ is already a has been. Petey K and Merge Will run the Blvd from now till-----??????? Get a Clue Hey door guys learn that tips to cut the line are a part of the business. Your all losers

Archived