Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
georgeacasta2

jon cowan at space review

Recommended Posts

I was there...and lemme tell ya...I am not a real big fan of hip hop, I actually hate it...and unfortunately I ended up having more fun out at the patio!:eek:

I have heard jon cowan before and he's been pretty good but last night was:no: sorry the truth is the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nightstar01

...I mean I guess the music was ok but the mixing was horrible!

:laugh: :laugh: the hip hop was ok ??:laugh: :laugh: yeah ok !! now im never believing anything you or lee says

:laugh: :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by koky

:laugh: :laugh: the hip hop was ok ??:laugh: :laugh: yeah ok !! now im never believing anything you or lee says

:laugh: :laugh:

I know I can't believe I just said that but like I said earlier...the truth is the truth.:tongue:

btw...I meant for those that like it....it was ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nightstar01

I know I can't believe I just said that but like I said earlier...the truth is the truth.:tongue:

btw...I meant for those that like it....it was ok.

i am glad to hear the hip hop was ok

real music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nightstar01

I was there...and lemme tell ya...I am not a real big fan of hip hop, I actually hate it...and unfortunately I ended up having more fun out at the patio!:eek:

I have heard jon cowan before and he's been pretty good but last night was:no: sorry the truth is the truth.

Too bad that the patio crowd consisted of thugs, wannabe thugs, and their assorted hoes and biatches. It's unfortunate that the people who threw the party up there tend to attract that crowd...then again, it's what they are known for...catering to the lowest common denominator is so deplorable..."how sad!"

I don't know what club you guys were in last night, but when I was there, Jon Cowan had the crowd up and dancing throughout his set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know you guys are entitled to your opinions, but how could you not have gotten into jon's set??:confused: he had that place going off, and the energy he had going was intense....

i mean, what were you expecting??? laid back, 120 bpm, lounge house?????? but whatever, to each there own....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nightstar01

who ever was djing the hip hop really sucked as well...I mean I guess the music was ok but the mixing was horrible!

way toooo much talking over the music... cd release this, vip that, yo yo, cd release, yeah hhuh.... tony tone....

....errrrrrr....

Roland wasn't too happy that he had to start his set right off a hiphop DJ.....

w/e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pod

Too bad that the patio crowd consisted of thugs, wannabe thugs, and their assorted hoes and biatches. It's unfortunate that the people who threw the party up there tend to attract that crowd...then again, it's what they are known for...catering to the lowest common denominator is so deplorable..."how sad!"

I don't know what club you guys were in last night, but when I was there, Jon Cowan had the crowd up and dancing throughout his set...

that is def not true. I was there. I saw people over the age of 30 with glowsticks jumping around like they're 20 year olds in the main room. I could easily stereotype them all as, over the hill drugies that like monotonous music. Fortunately I don't stereotype. It's your loss if you want to keep thinking that all hip hop events are only exclusive to thugs. I agree hip hop itself glorifies that lifestyle, but the people that listen to it come from all walks of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by georgeacasta2

that is def not true. I was there. I saw people over the age of 30 with glowsticks jumping around like they're 20 year olds in the main room. I could easily stereotype them all as, over the hill drugies that like monotonous music. Fortunately I don't stereotype. It's your loss if you want to keep thinking that all hip hop events are only exclusive to thugs. I agree hip hop itself glorifies that lifestyle, but the people that listen to it come from all walks of life.

that was deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by x-t-c

i know you guys are entitled to your opinions, but how could you not have gotten into jon's set??:confused: he had that place going off, and the energy he had going was intense....

i mean, what were you expecting??? laid back, 120 bpm, lounge house?????? but whatever, to each there own....

Tempo was okay. No complaints about tempo. I still love my chicane tracks which are well over 120bpm. It's not a tempo thing for me. I was with someone that likes dance music but she really isn't into the local dance scene (not nightstar). She said alot of the music sounded repetitive. IMO this is why this kind of music is not doing well anymore. There's really isn't to many people doing "X" so it's harder to get away with spinning tracks that loop over and over, only people on drugs or genre purists like that. When your rolling a repititious track sounds like heaven. It's awesome, but times have changed. No one does "X" anymore. The set I heard sounded like something people on "X" would've loved a couple of years ago. This is not a fact it's just my opinion as someone who has been into the dance scene for several years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Tempo was okay. No complaints about tempo. I still love my chicane tracks which are well over 120bpm. It's not a tempo thing for me. I was with someone that likes dance music but she really isn't into the local dance scene (not nightstar). She said alot of the music sounded repetitive. IMO this is why this kind of music is not doing well anymore. There's really isn't to many people doing "X" so it's harder to get away with spinning tracks that loop over and over, only people on drugs or genre purists like that. When your rolling a repititious track sounds like heaven. It's awesome, but times have changed. No one does "X" anymore. The set I heard sounded like something people on "X" would've loved a couple of years ago. This is not a fact it's just my opinion as someone who has been into the dance scene for several years now.

dude, no offense but Chicane was hot like 5-8 years ago, I dont get it....... is this some deep twisted sarcasm? figures why you didn't like Jon's set.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did see your sister up in the craptacular party on the terrace, Lee. I disowned her for the evening.

Let's put it this way, last night they could have put Cedric Gervais in the main room, and I'd take that over the scene on the terrace until 5AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, most of the music Jon played last night wasn't my style, but I saw that the people got into it. I thought he played better than Sheldon Romero, who I heard train wreck after train wreck in his set, yet most of the people on this board wrote great reviews about him. I think Jon played for the people that were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note. The pics were meant to be humerous and don't reflect how the set actually was. Technically it was solid! In the end it's just a matter of taste. I really liked Jon's set at rain, but I wasn't feeling his set at space. Things to take into consideration about my taste is that I frequent deephouse parties and I'm really particular to tracks made by musicians more so then DJ's. Jon has def done alot of positive things for the scene and I respect him for that :aright:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×