Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Celebrity Gossip: Britney & Smoking

guest00901

BECK/SMITH CELEBRITY GOSSIP

CHUMP: Britney, Put That Thing Down

Britney Spears ranks as a chump for her involvement with nicotine -- and needs to put that butt down before she leads untold numbers of young fans into the cancer-causing smoking habit.

Could it only have been a couple of years ago that Spears was an innocent young thing announcing, "I don’t believe in drugs or even smoking�

Then, after photos of her with cigarette in hand popped up, she took to outright lying -- reportedly claiming she first had no “recollection of me ever doing that,†then saying she was just holding the cigarette for a friend. “The only thing I’m addicted to is taking baths at night,†she told InStyle just last July.

Now Miss Thing is not only openly smoking, she’s evidently become downright obnoxious about it! When asked to put out her cigarette in a New York nightclub recently, she reportedly refused and was asked to leave.

Perhaps she needs to reread the mission statement of her own Britney Spears Foundation charity. “The philosophy behind the foundation is that music and entertainment has a healing quality that can truly benefit these kids…Through the performance process, kids learn that it is ok to work hard, take healthy risks and to not always ‘get it right.’â€

Girlfriend, you have not been taking healthy risks here.

With her attention-grabbing Star interview, Spears tried to lay to rest rumors of her hard-partying and adoption of wild ways. Just a couple of drinks, she said, and "I'm good to go...I can't drink strong drinks." As far as drugs, her answer was worthy of a politician. "I was curious at one point. But I'm way too focused to let anything stop me. Was it a mistake? Yes." (What does that mean? Aruguably, it's a statement that could cover anything from Bill Clinton not-inhaling territory to down and dirty Robert Downey).

Glaringly absent was a denial of the smoking.

Britney, you’re right, it’s really nobody’s business how you live your life. But don’t -- please don’t -- pass the message on to your young fans that smoking is okay. Because, ‘Oops, I did it again’ won’t keep them out of trouble.

Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith are featured on E!Online under the daily "Ask Marilyn" column and in monthly celebrity profiles and industry features.

:D

booohooo booohooo cry me a river... who cares... (not to you but to the press and everyone who schweats her ass) so she fucks, so she smokes, so she got tits... who gives a fuck.. damn... if i was a rich girl, id be doing the same... g'damn shes acting like a girl her age how crazy is that???

I don't think that's the issue here. It's when she goes around saying she's all saintly about not having sex, not smoking, not doing drugs, blah blah blah....

then in secret she goes around screwin, smokin, gettin high, blah blah blah.

Basically, the article is trying to point out to the million zombies who worship her today that she's a fucking lie.

Well...at least that's how i read it. ;)

Frankly, I don't really give a damn.

Originally posted by dgmodel

booohooo booohooo cry me a river... who cares... (not to you but to the press and everyone who schweats her ass) so she fucks, so she smokes, so she got tits... who gives a fuck.. damn... if i was a rich girl, id be doing the same... g'damn shes acting like a girl her age how crazy is that???

.....don't forget she chills with the white devil too...............:tongue::D

the point is that, sadly, she's a ROLE MODEL... and if young women see her smoking, they're likely to figure that it's not only acceptable, it's COOL.

and, in case anyone forgot, smoking is expensive and unhealthy.

so, er... i guess i would consider it negative to have a role model that encouraged -- and that's what role models do: they encourage people to mimic them-- the habit.

Originally posted by wideskies

the point is that, sadly, she's a ROLE MODEL... and if young women see her smoking, they're likely to figure that it's not only acceptable, it's COOL.

so, er... i guess i would consider it negative to have a role model that encouraged -- and that's what role models do: they encourage people to mimic them-- the habit.

maybe she should drink a bottle of poison on tv??? so all those mindless followers can follow...

Originally posted by wideskies

not only is she a role model....but....she sort of deemed herself self-proclaimed Virgin Mary.

That's what she gets....u don't see other teen idols such as Christina, or Avril, or Michele Branch getting shit.....

but....it's not like I really care about any of this anyway. I'd fuck her in the ass with a strap on. :whip2:

Originally posted by marcid21

not only is she a role model....but....she sort of deemed herself self-proclaimed Virgin Mary.

That's what she gets....u don't see other teen idols such as Christina, or Avril, or Michele Branch getting shit.....

but....it's not like I really care about any of this anyway. I'd fuck her in the ass with a strap on. :whip2:

:laugh:

damn...wait until you find out about the coke habit.... :doh:

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

BECK/SMITH CELEBRITY GOSSIP

CHUMP: Britney, Put That Thing Down

Britney Spears ranks as a chump for her involvement with nicotine -- and needs to put that butt down before she leads untold numbers of young fans into the cancer-causing smoking habit.

Could it only have been a couple of years ago that Spears was an innocent young thing announcing, "I don’t believe in drugs or even smoking�

Then, after photos of her with cigarette in hand popped up, she took to outright lying -- reportedly claiming she first had no “recollection of me ever doing that,†then saying she was just holding the cigarette for a friend. “The only thing I’m addicted to is taking baths at night,†she told InStyle just last July.

Now Miss Thing is not only openly smoking, she’s evidently become downright obnoxious about it! When asked to put out her cigarette in a New York nightclub recently, she reportedly refused and was asked to leave.

Perhaps she needs to reread the mission statement of her own Britney Spears Foundation charity. “The philosophy behind the foundation is that music and entertainment has a healing quality that can truly benefit these kids…Through the performance process, kids learn that it is ok to work hard, take healthy risks and to not always ‘get it right.’â€

Girlfriend, you have not been taking healthy risks here.

With her attention-grabbing Star interview, Spears tried to lay to rest rumors of her hard-partying and adoption of wild ways. Just a couple of drinks, she said, and "I'm good to go...I can't drink strong drinks." As far as drugs, her answer was worthy of a politician. "I was curious at one point. But I'm way too focused to let anything stop me. Was it a mistake? Yes." (What does that mean? Aruguably, it's a statement that could cover anything from Bill Clinton not-inhaling territory to down and dirty Robert Downey).

Glaringly absent was a denial of the smoking.

Britney, you’re right, it’s really nobody’s business how you live your life. But don’t -- please don’t -- pass the message on to your young fans that smoking is okay. Because, ‘Oops, I did it again’ won’t keep them out of trouble.

Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith are featured on E!Online under the daily "Ask Marilyn" column and in monthly celebrity profiles and industry features.

:D

wow this is some ill fucking bullshit. big deal she smokes. no one said anything when she was all trying to learn about s&m becuz kids would do it, or say shit bout gettin implants cuz kids would do that. but big deal she smokes, who has the fuckin right to question that. its like saying if you are a teacher you cant smoke. fuck that bullshit. theres a line between behavior at your job and behaviour in your life. when she does a concert smoking a cig in front of kids on stage and passin them out to the audience then ill be concerned. till then we should get off her ass.

Originally posted by t0nythelover

till then we should get off her ass.

unless ur marcid with a strap-on :D

no but for real, shes 21. shes human. who GIVES a shitttt what she does. never mix business with pleasure right? so as long as her habits dont affect her job, then why should we care?

if the press would stop fuckin publicizing every little *naughty* thing this girl does, then we wouldnt have to worry about her fans being affected by them now would we?

:idea: