Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Finally a fitness forum on CP heheh

As of now. I probably could not put up more than 355.

I have totally changed my routine to try and lose some weight so I have been doing lower weight and higher reps. Plus I am doing somewhat of a curcuit training routine. So it is only 1 warmup set and 2 sets of each exercise. So power wise I have lost a bit. But my shape is getting a little better day by day...

Someone should answer their own question. ;)

Originally posted by elementx

I have totally changed my routine to try and lose some weight so I have been doing lower weight and higher reps. Plus I am doing somewhat of a curcuit training routine. So it is only 1 warmup set and 2 sets of each exercise. So power wise I have lost a bit. But my shape is getting a little better day by day...

yeah in the begging of the summer I was repping 315 now I couldn't do 315 for max lost 30 lbs dieting takes it out of you for sure

355 thats weak :laugh:

Originally posted by ninadd

355 thats weak :laugh:

Word... :aright:

Sorry... I don't want to stick a needle into my ass... I did that when I was a youngin... I would rather stay natural.

My highest ever was 435. But like I said... I am not lifting for size anymore. I am trying to lose weight... :tongue:

Originally posted by siceone

yeah in the begging of the summer I was repping 315 now I couldn't do 315 for max lost 30 lbs dieting takes it out of you for sure

I saw your pic on another forum... You look like you can lift more than that... :confused:

swear I can't anymore Im running a huge calorie deficit no energy can't lift

I hear ya... I didn't cut back so much on the calories... But I did cut back on the heavy lifting... So I hear where you are coming from.

<//=-=-=- need to cut back some calories... :mad: and beer... :(

I hear ya... I didn't cut back so much on the calories... But I did cut back on the heavy lifting... So I hear where you are coming from.

<//=-=-=- need to cut back some calories... :mad: and beer... :(

In the interest of full disclosure I also have taken like a month lay off and I have been eating shitty as well

Originally posted by linabina

if i had a guy to go to the gym with, id definitely see how much i can bench... but i steer clear of the free weights section of the gym when im by myself lol... ill probably kill myself ;)

That's what the power rack is for... you can do squats, bench... just about anything in there, perfectly safely.

There are no excuses for not using free weights!!!! :tongue:

P.S. Nearly every exercise you can do with a barbell, you can do with dumbbells, too! :aright:

Originally posted by rackham

That's what the power rack is for... you can do squats, bench... just about anything in there, perfectly safely.

There are no excuses for not using free weights!!!! :tongue:

P.S. Nearly every exercise you can do with a barbell, you can do with dumbbells, too! :aright:

Yeah... It is a good machine if you dont have a spot... But it is not the same as lifting free weights... It takes away from the balance. Which makes the weight seem alot less... But to not take away from your statement...

DUMBELLS ARE THE BEST... If you have to let go. You can let go. Never have a bar stuck on your chest... Plus you get a greater range of motion... :D

Yeah... It is a good machine if you dont have a spot... But it is not the same as lifting free weights... It takes away from the balance. Which makes the weight seem alot less... But to not take away from your statement...

DUMBELLS ARE THE BEST... If you have to let go. You can let go. Never have a bar stuck on your chest... Plus you get a greater range of motion... :D

You must be thinking of the smith machine, which I would NEVER advise using... I'm talking about the power rack, a.k.a. the power cage, a.k.a. the metal frame that you sometimes see people doing squats in. You're still lifting the weights all by yourself, but you have the adjustable cross-bars to catch the weight if you fail.

Best ever was 395 for 3 clean reps at bodyweight of 250 or so..

BUT like everyone said, with dieting comes loss of strength. Now weigh 225 & can only hit 365 for a few, but dont even bother benching that often since it kills my pec delt tie in area.

Smith machine incline is the way to go...........

Originally posted by rackham

You must be thinking of the smith machine, which I would NEVER advise using... I'm talking about the power rack, a.k.a. the power cage, a.k.a. the metal frame that you sometimes see people doing squats in. You're still lifting the weights all by yourself, but you have the adjustable cross-bars to catch the weight if you fail.

Your right... My bad... :blank:

dumbells don't build mass like barbells do but dumbels will build better shape

dumbells don't build mass like barbells do but dumbels will build better shape

i don't understand why barbells would build more mass than dumbells. in fact, since you need to use your stabilizer muscles more when using dumbells, wouldn't that be more effective for putting on the most muscle possible?