Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge/Surf/Tempts Review

fell asleep sat so unfortunately i missed merge :(

surf...oscar g, played very well, of course, i deffinitely enjoyed his set, but i think i am getting sick of surf club, dont know what it is but i'm just not feeling it as much as i used to. but i'll still be back for hector romero... lol

tempts...yes me the denny tsetoss/tempts hater made an appearance at tempts, i was with a friend who doesn't come out much anymore, and he wanted to go so i was nice and went.

i won't say anything bad about denny like i usually would

his mixing was ok

i failed to see any vibe/energy in that place though

and his selection of old songs was BLAH

i'm sorry, but songs that are 2-5 yrs old are not classics IMO

a classic would be such songs from the 80's and early 90's not late 90's

ie: Cajmere - Perculator

Jungle Brothers - I'll House You

Armand Van Helden - Witch Doctor

Twin Hype - Do it to the crowd

Lonnie Gordon - Happenin All Over Again

stuff by Lil Louis, shep pettibone, frankie knuckles

he did play some songs that are true classics, but basically it was nothing special. i didn't expect him to play any really old songs like i mentioned.i just felt like stating my opinion, and that goes for any dj playing "classics" im not singling denny out on that one.

shep pettibone owns club paradise in asbury park......i know him due to the fact that i installed the lighting system in there! compared to the straight clubs, it's probably one of the nicest clubs at the shore......... although jellybean puts his name on the early madonna stuff, shep and his team actually produced the music and co-wrote many of the songs.....

i personally would love to hear:

jack your body-jm silk

no way back- adonis

love can't turn around-farly jackmaster funk

right back to you- ten city

acid thunder- tyree

when these songs came out most of the people on the board were 12 or 16 years old. damn i'm old!

Originally posted by kirklop

shep pettibone owns club paradise in asbury park......i know him due to the fact that i installed the lighting system in there! compared to the straight clubs, it's probably one of the nicest clubs at the shore......... although jellybean puts his name on the early madonna stuff, shep and his team actually produced the music and co-wrote many of the songs.....

i personally would love to hear:

jack your body-jm silk

no way back- adonis

love can't turn around-farly jackmaster funk

right back to you- ten city

acid thunder- tyree

when these songs came out most of the people on the board were 12 or 16 years old. damn i'm old!

interesting, who are the dj's over there? whats the crowd like?

i might have to check that out...

no way back - around 1986 i believe, i was 6 yrs old! lol

i just know the songs from being a music lover, and reading and then wondering how all the songs mentioned in the marterials i read sounded...song is definitly a jam!

saturday is the night to go....shep plays there every other week with david(don't know his last name).....the crowd is half straight, half gay(kosta p would love it). they do classics(disco)(80's), a little tribal and lots of vocals........i heard junior vasquez is gonna play there 1 night this summer....he started out spinning with shep........shep is a true legend and a awsome person....

compared to the straight clubs, it's probably one of the nicest clubs at the shore.........

hands down one of the nicest if not the nicest down the shore, we were trying to do a party there like 2 yrs ago with richie, never panned out though

saturday is the night to go....shep plays there every other week with david(don't know his last name).....the crowd is half straight, half gay(kosta p would love it). they do classics(disco)(80's), a little tribal and lots of vocals........i heard junior vasquez is gonna play there 1 night this summer....he started out spinning with shep........shep is a true legend and a awsome person....

cool thanks for info :)

im taking a long shot here but its not david mancuso is it? the guy from "the loft"

i dont know if he's even alive still, forgive me if he isnt lol

Asbury Park to Host Major Gay & Lesbian Weekend

“ROAD TRIP 2” kicks off with world famous DJ - JUNIOR VASQUEZ and Genre-Defying singer/songwriter ULTRA NATE

Three day event-packed weekend to run Friday, July 18 – Sunday, July 20th

_________

(Asbury Park, NJ) The Asbury Park Marketing Fund, a non-profit group created by Gay & Lesbian Asbury Park homeowners, has announced a preliminary schedule of events for the 2nd annual ROAD TRIP event. ROAD TRIP 2 is scheduled for Friday, July 18th and runs through Sunday, July 20th in the New Jersey ocean-front town of Asbury Park, located less than 90 minutes from Manhattan.

ROAD TRIP 2 is the 2nd annual event created by the Asbury Park Marketing Fund, (APMF) a non-profit group founded last year by Gay & Lesbian Asbury Park homeowners and residents.

The APMF’s express goal is to market and promote Asbury Park, the fabled New Jersey shore resort that in decades past had fallen on hard times, as a viable and “up and coming” Gay & Lesbian residential and vacation option. To that end, the APMF has created and placed a series of campaigns in Gay & Lesbian publications in cities like New York and Philadelphia as well as securing placement and creative in the widely distributed Gay & Lesbian entertainment guides known as FunMaps. Click to view examples of these ads.

The ROAD TRIP events are designed to encourage Gay & Lesbian Asbury Park homeowners to fill their guest bedrooms for the weekend as a way of getting the word out that Asbury Park is indeed well on it’s way to becoming a vibrant and active Gay & Lesbian year-round community.

Last year’s inaugural ROAD TRIP event featured an international superstar appearance of a different kind when Cyndi Lauper took to the Paradise stage to perform for a wildly enthusiastic, and jam-packed, crowd. Lauper had been preceded that evening by not one, but two other vocal powerhouses – Joi Caldwell and Sandy B. The evening was hosted by the one and only, Flotilla DeBarge.

With this year’s superstar “Diva” news to be announced at a later date, here are the other events scheduled for ROAD TRIP 2, as well as contact information pertaining to the three-day event:

Friday, July 18th: 8pm until 11pm – “Meet & Greet” where visitors will receive Gift Bags and a detailed schedule of events.

Friday, July 18th: 11pm until ? – Junior Vasquez steps into the Paradise DJ booth and at 1:30am Ultra Nate hits the Paradise stage.

Saturday, July 19th: The APMF hosts a downtown Asbury Park “Block Party” featuring the diverse and unexpected businesses that have begun to flourish in what was once a forgotten part of town. In recent years, Asbury Park’s once desolate downtown commercial district has sprung back to life with an eclectic and impressive variety of antique and home-furnishing stores, clothing outlets and cafes and restaurants. A complete listing of the many Gay-owned and –operated and Gay-friendly businesses can be found at GayAsburyPark.com.

Saturday, July 19th: The Asbury Park Historical Society sponsors "Queer Before You Were Here" (a Gay/Lesbian History of Asbury Parl) a seminar by author and playwright Michael Liberatore that examines Asbury Park’s long timeline as a Gay & Lesbian destination. In addition to Liberatore’s research, the seminar will feature Gay & Lesbian Asbury Park residents who lived the history firsthand.

Saturday, July 19th: 7pm until 10pm - Gay Bowling at the classic Asbury Park Bowling Lanes. Join your gay and lesbian neighbors and visitors at our very own bowling lanes that themselves are an endearing step back in time.

Saturday, July 19th: 11pm until ? – The club Paradise, located at the site of the Empress hotel on the beach in Asbury Park, is once again center-stage as more “Divas” to be announced strut their stuff. Owner Shep Pettibone and resident DJ David Henney will both step into the club’s booth. Paradise features a state-of-the-art sound and light/laser system.

Sunday, July 20th: 10am – Sunset – Everyone hits the beach! One of Asbury Park’s defining attractions is its prime oceanfront location on the New Jersey Shore - in full view of the majestic Convention Hall. Gay & Lesbian residents and their visitors are expected to hit the beach in force with activities ranging from volleyball to a beach-umbrella-decorating contest. Gay flags will be flying and this is one of the perfect events for Gay & Lesbian parents to bring their children to.

----------------------------------------------

Paradise, is, of course, the home of another famed remixer and DJ, Shep Pettibone. The club features a massive sound system, two dance floors, premiere lasers and lights, 6 bars, a huge pool, and some of New Jersey's hottest DJ's.

Pettibone, who owns both the club and the famed Empress Hotel where Paradise is located, recently announced that his refurbishing of the Empress Hotel is proceeding with an eye towards reopening the once-grand establishment next year – featuring fine dining and more. Seated right on Asbury Park’s beach, Paradise has long been a magnet for Gay & Lesbians from all over the tri-state area, Philadelphia and more. With the reopening of the Empress Hotel, Pettibone is poised to become a central figure in the total rebirth of Asbury Park.

Contact information:

Paradise Club and Resort 101 Asbury Avenue (732) 988.6663 (www.paradisenj.com)

Berkeley Carteret Hotel 1401 Ocean Avenue (732) 776-6700 (www.berkeleycarterethotel.com)

GayAsburyPark.com

Originally posted by christianjay

fell asleep sat so unfortunately i missed merge :(

surf...oscar g, played very well, of course, i deffinitely enjoyed his set, but i think i am getting sick of surf club, dont know what it is but i'm just not feeling it as much as i used to. but i'll still be back for hector romero... lol

tempts...yes me the denny tsetoss/tempts hater made an appearance at tempts, i was with a friend who doesn't come out much anymore, and he wanted to go so i was nice and went.

i won't say anything bad about denny like i usually would

his mixing was ok

i failed to see any vibe/energy in that place though

and his selection of old songs was BLAH

i'm sorry, but songs that are 2-5 yrs old are not classics IMO

a classic would be such songs from the 80's and early 90's not late 90's

ie: Cajmere - Perculator

Jungle Brothers - I'll House You

Armand Van Helden - Witch Doctor

Twin Hype - Do it to the crowd

Lonnie Gordon - Happenin All Over Again

stuff by Lil Louis, shep pettibone, frankie knuckles

he did play some songs that are true classics, but basically it was nothing special. i didn't expect him to play any really old songs like i mentioned.i just felt like stating my opinion, and that goes for any dj playing "classics" im not singling denny out on that one.

TOOL!!!

kosta p has a very very busy weeknd ahead of him

Fuck you and christian jay two. A bunch of cock hungry homos you 2 are. Between Kirk pinching my ass and Christian grabbing at my nipples everytime I see you 2, You know youre both homo's or at least closet fags. So pm each other and go play soldier boy and his captain, or like nootsy likes captain and is first mate, hide the salami sink the sausage whatever you fags call it nowadays.

Just leave me out of your gay dealings!!!!!!

Originally posted by kostaP

Fuck you and christian jay two. A bunch of cock hungry homos you 2 are. Between Kirk pinching my ass and Christian grabbing at my nipples everytime I see you 2, You know youre both homo's or at least closet fags. So pm each other and go play soldier boy and his captain, or like nootsy likes captain and is first mate, hide the salami sink the sausage whatever you fags call it nowadays.

Just leave me out of your gay dealings!!!!!!

i will not be oversleeping this saturday mr. p :hat: