Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Love Parade 2003

This past week was probably the best week of my entire life. I spent four nights in Amsterdam and three in Berlin. The Love Parade is a little overcommercialized by now, but it was still an amazin' experience to be partyin' with 750,000 people in the streets of Berlin.

The best part of the whole experience was the clubs in Berlin the night before and the night of the parade. Imagine listenin' to Tiesto and Van Dyk on the same night in a jam packed club with over 6,000 of the most beautiful people from all over the world. Ibiza could probably be the only thing that could compare to that night, but I've yet to experience Ibiza.

The night of the parade was even crazier. There were clubs with over 10 floors and 70 DJs spinnin'. I went to a place that had 5 huge warehouses that probably could hold at least 5,000 people in each room. Plus, there were two huge places outside, with a foam party in one area.

Aside from the amazin' music, the people there really made the whole experience worth while. People were not pretentious in the least bit over there, and everybody was mad friendly. Its not like over here and nobody gives a fuck if your shirt says D&G on it, or if you're rockin' a pair of Diesels. I'm all about lookin' good, but its still refreshing to have people judge you for the person that you are, and not where you bought your clothes. I would definitely recommend that anyone into the techno, house, and trance scene check it out sometime. It takes place in Berlin every July.

P.S. The women there were extremely hot, and extremely horny.

• 2 weeks later...

Since it was my first time, I can only go by what I saw in pics from previous parades and from talking to people who've been there before. According to that, I expected everyone to be dancing their asses off (and showing more ass for that matter). Instead, the parade was full of drunk kids stumbling around and spraying people with their Super-Soakers. And yes, supposedly it was more commercial because the organizers lost the "political event" status that they used to have which had the city pay for the cleanup costs. They got some last minute corporate sponsorship to pay for cleaning up the mess. Regardless, I'm not implying that I wasn't impressed or didn't have a blast. I did. I highly recommend going to anyone who hasn't been because the Parade might not be held too much longer. If they wind up having it next year, don't miss it. It might be your last chance.

Here are some pics reviews from the weekend:

Pics: Love From Above, Parade & Tresor

http://www.groovanauts.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30978

Review: Love From Above

http://www.groovanauts.com/board/articles.php?article_id=61

Love Parade articles/pics

http://www.groovanauts.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30925