Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What would you liek to hear more of on 1035 the new KTU

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you could try moving away from the ultra-pop dance stuff and put on a few shows here that involve some sort of funky and/or vocal house. Doesn't have to be the most obscure stuff out there nor the most underground deep tribal yada yada... because obviously you all have a mainstream audience to cater to and you can't play anything too non-commercial. However, it would be sooooo much better if you people tried to even skim the surface of a more house-ish style of music rather than hip hop and synth pop. Vocal house and funky house, I find, can be palatable even to mainstream audiences, even if the music itself isn't mainstream. Also, quit playing the same 3 songs over and over and over. There is an endless array of great stuff out there, and even mediocre stuff, that is better than hearing the same five tracks repeated until one reaches the brink of insanity....

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Also, quit playing the same 3 songs over and over and over. There is an endless array of great stuff out there, and even mediocre stuff, that is better than hearing the same five tracks repeated until one reaches the brink of insanity....

Gotta agree with this... lot of good music is never heard because the same rotation is on all day. Also, leave the hip hop/reggae to the other two stations. The peeps who want a break can always switch for a few and then come back. Just play a more varied rotation. ....just an opinion (since ya asked!);)

HSP

Clubber party spots, club pics/clothes/employment at ... www.hotspotpromos.com

Of course we want to hear some Trance,House, And all of that , but no NYers arent into listening to new music and something they dont know about they dont like..

In Florida they have an amazing station that plays great music all day and all night long.. Why cant we have a station like that. There are plenty of stating that play hip hop and all the other pop songs, leave it to z-100 and hot 97 to play that.. Stick you what u were suppose to play EDM (Electronic Dance Music), ex:Tiesto,Armin,Ferry,some progressive DJs

shit i would LOVE to do a set for KTU late night, I would rip those decks up and people who be calling all night asking who is spinning.... Not Modest, but confident.

Joe D

The reason you won't be hearing any good dance music, or good music in general on KTU is that they're owned by ClearChannel. This is the same corporation that owns z100 and hundreds of other stations around the country. This is the same corporation that pushes the use of recorded voice tracks instead of live DJs. This is also the same corporation that "decorates" America's highways with billboards. (Notice a trend?) ClearChannel is only out for making advertising revenue. Good music doesn't make money (but apparently a disco revival does...).

In general id just like to hear more variety. I agree with everyone, its the same few songs played over and over again throughout the day. I understand that the music has to sound somewhat "mainstream" so it appeals to your audience but there are plenty of tracks out there that you could mix in that could be radio friendly. Just my opinion...

Dearest KTU and Rizzo,

Please no more commercial shit on KTU, make it a cool undergorund station, atleast on sat nights. And stop having these ghetto asssholes promoting shows at surf club, thank u in advance.

Seriously, tipper would be great to have on, perhaps hector romero, satoshi, db, frankie knuckels u know.

im tired of this hard house crap thats all over ny make it stop.

I think should play songs that were once popular on the radio...Songs that will make you turn to your friend and say"Wow remember this song?I haven't hear it in a while"- not songs that you already have all the words memorized from just one day listening to the radio

Originally posted by 1035thenewktu

More classics?

lmao... yes i always wake up dying to hear corro or tka... how about getting that effin idiot balthazar off with his annoying laugh, or that stupid ass prank call shit..., why does every radiostation feel the need to have this??? its not funny and complimented with that troglodyte's laugh its rather annoying... id like to hear one more beatstock commercial... :rolleyes:, or one more stereotypical guido come on there and blurt out some random idiotic statement, or how about killing a song quicker than i can cum... (and believe me thats quick im pathetic in bed)... and come on you guys have been on since like 96 wtf is up with calling yourself "new" theres nothing new about that station... oh and tell adam hes an fat idiot...