Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What would you liek to hear more of on 1035 the new KTU

alright, if you want ktu to become a station that's worth listening to, follow these instructions:

1) go to miami

2) buy a radio

3) tune into 93.1, the best fucking station ever.

4) copy everything they do and play, down to the very last detail.

then maybe you're ratings will start to contend with hot 97 and z100 instead of the christian bible network. good luck.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 1035thenewktu

We are also moving are party crew into the latest club fad GLOW STICKS! That’s rite folks be ready for spotting the ktu party crew out and about handing out free glow sticks. We know what you all want!

:laugh::laugh: :laugh: I think this post pretty much speaks for itself. Sad, truly sad.

We are also moving are party crew into the latest club fad GLOW STICKS! That’s rite folks be ready for spotting the ktu party crew out and about handing out free glow sticks. We know what you all want!

-peace for all

ROTFLMKTUHAO~!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:!!!~ROTFLMKTUHAO

HOLY SHIT I HOPE THIS WHOLE ENTIRE POST WAS SARCASM WRAPPED IN FACETIOUSNESS, B/C IF NOT THIS IS JUST SAAAAAA~!

We here at KTU keep are music and staff NEW and FRESH! We are made by the listener and for the listener!  Keep in mind we try to appeal to all age groups and types of people in the disco scene! Check out the late night party for all you deep dark raving type clubbers!  (Yes we know you’re out there!)

We promise to keep delivering great content if you promise to keep listening!

-peace for all

is this serious, am I really reading this shit? I can't fucking believe it. Could a radio station dedicated to "dance" be soooo fucking behind on the times?? HELLO!!! GLowsticks came and went you jackass's, and so did the rave in NYC....

Seriously, do me a favor and just die... and yes I would say this face to face as well...

:laugh: :laugh:

WAIT! this has to be a prank!! no fucking way....i am CRYING tears from laughing so much

-peace for all

:stupid:

heres to hoping that the KTU party crew gets arrested by the DEA for distribution of drug paraphernalia

since u asked i would like to hear more house music, less hip hop we already got 97 and 105 playing it can u stick with house, trance etc.. and fix up your rotation u have the same songs on for like 4 months still saying its a fresh beat.. lol more like ktu played out garbage rather then fresh. just my opinion dont take it personally

KTU isn't a bad station at all.

I used to love KTU Sanctuary every Saturday evening with Dangerous Dave Hanson (a.k.a. "Sting") and the various guest dj's, including Boris, Vicious, Sal Parm, Hex Hector, Lord G, Denny T, etc. The quality of that show was very good, especially during the latter stages of the night.

KTU has come along way, and is no longer in its infancy; naturally, as a result of this growth, the quality of the shows have diminished considerably. The little taste of underground is long gone.

KTU's recent shows, such as Junior's World, are pretty good. Although seemingly strange to true house fans, the show is, for the most part, beautiful, and deserves to be on the radio. I am glad that Junior is getting airplay, even if it is on an overly-commercial radio station.

Nonetheless, this thread is probably bullshit, inasmuch as its creator is often writing shit like "are music" instead of "our music." I would like to think that the staff at KTU isn't so fucking dumb, but then again.......

Originally posted by berniec

it comes down to basic enonomics- the CLIENTS (the people who buy commercial time) know that 18-25yr old males are not the ones running out to but their products - its the older demographic that they target. So now if you throw on a station that caters to a demo that nobody wants to try and sell to- who is going to advertise on it??

Party105 on LI does very well numbers wise (in their rather small coverage area) but i'm sure their revenue per listener is minimal compared to that of KTU/Z100/Hot97, etc

This is the truth...the main demo here is females 18-34. That's what they're going for.

It all comes down to the money. Like everything else.

• 4 weeks later...

what we need is another radio station just for house music...ktu cant really change their style cause they serve a large audience...theres lots of older people that listen for the disco and 80s music...then theres people like us who want to hear house, so they do live mixshows on the weekend...what they should do is have live mixshows throughout the week from 9 on when the older crowd isnt listening. but we def need an all house station in ny, i think it would do well

Originally posted by tbathe

what we need is another radio station just for house music...ktu cant really change their style cause they serve a large audience...theres lots of older people that listen for the disco and 80s music...then theres people like us who want to hear house, so they do live mixshows on the weekend...what they should do is have live mixshows throughout the week from 9 on when the older crowd isnt listening. but we def need an all house station in ny, i think it would do well

lets buy some equipment

rent/lease a space in NJ

and set up the broadcast

u think im kidding? i swear i want to do that

LISTEN TO PARTY 93.1 IN MIAMI.....I THINK ITS OBVIOUS EVERYONE WANTS SOMETHING MORE LIKE THAT. REAL DANCE MUSIC. REAL VOCAL HOUSE... REAL DJ'S LIKE JUNIOR, TIESTO, FK IT, EVEN GET JP AND DO A FACTORY HOUR OR 2 OR 3 OR 8, WHATEVER....DO LIVE MUSIC SHOWS FROM CLUBS, BUT ACTUALLY LET THE DJ SET PLAY OVER THE RADIO. GET RID OF 70'S MUSIC.

PEOPLE TALK ABOUT ADVERTISING AND REACHING A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC, WELL, 70'S MUSIC IS ONLY GETTING YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE BASICALLY BROKE, BILLS UP THE ASS, AND PROBABLY CANT BUY NONE OF THE SHIT YOU ADVERTISE. BUT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, IF YOU TRUELY HAVE SOME BALLS AND PLAY THE MUSIC THAT THE YOUNG, UP AND COMING GENERATION WANNA HEAR, YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN, MORE PEOPLE WITH MORE $$$ MIGHT LISTEN MORE.

JUST DONT PLAY THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Originally posted by swtpapi4ugirl

LISTEN TO PARTY 93.1 IN MIAMI.....I THINK ITS OBVIOUS EVERYONE WANTS SOMETHING MORE LIKE THAT. REAL DANCE MUSIC. REAL VOCAL HOUSE... REAL DJ'S LIKE JUNIOR, TIESTO, FK IT, EVEN GET JP AND DO A FACTORY HOUR OR 2 OR 3 OR 8, WHATEVER....JUST DONT PLAY THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Agreed...:aright: KTU should borrow from 93.1 the Global Dj Broadcasts they do every Sunday. From 12-5 Special guest Djs like Tiesto, Scumfrog, Saeed & Palash, Satoshi Tomiie, etc. play 1hr sets as well as sets from host Markus Shultz. Doing broadcasts like this one weekly or bi weekly would be sweet. :D

Originally posted by liqidtouch

what about takin some of the local EDM djs to the tristate and having them do a 2 hr set each

and do this

3 nights a week?

yeah and a GDJB type of thing on the weekends? like at 8pm? right before everyone heads out, give em something to get em amped!