Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What would you liek to hear more of on 1035 the new KTU

To whom it may concern:

It would be nice if someone important really reads this!

Here's what I have to say about KTU!

Instead of helping dance / house music, I think that KTU is hurting it! Lets face it, dance music (style) has changed from 3 years ago. For some reason, KTU still plays the same style dance music now that was played long ago.

There are some GREAT new house tracks that are out there that definately deserve radio air play. Problem is, if it isnt the same bubblegum bullshit that they play, it doesnt get aired. Also, it appears to me that if KTU likes a particular song that doesn't fit their "commercial criteria", they have one of their guys do a corny remix of it so they are able to play it.

Examples of good songs that should be heard:

Junior Jack- E-Samba

Masi & Mello feat. Brittany- I want you

Chamonix feat Rui de Silva- How did you know

Elya- Time

India- Seduce me

Auto Magic- I'll be here

4tune 500- Dancing in the dark

Laid- No more games

KTU is not helping the dance industry progress and as a result, rec. labels and music stores are going out of business, remix producers are working for peanuts and quality dance music is not being heard. KTU is not representing the dance industry. We need a new radio station totally devoted to dance/house music.

For example party 105 in LI plays 75% dance/house music. I'm not bashing KTU because they are good at what they do but we need a new dance station.

The dance market is doing so well that Club EXIT, one of the biggest dance clubs in NYC, is playing hip hop on the main floor

every Friday night.

Thank you for your time.

President of SO DEEP MUSIC;

Dean Masi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djdeanmasi

To whom it may concern:

It would be nice if someone important really reads this!

Here's what I have to say about KTU!

Instead of helping dance / house music, I think that KTU is hurting it! Lets face it, dance music (style) has changed from 3 years ago. For some reason, KTU still plays the same style dance music now that was played long ago.

There are some GREAT new house tracks that are out there that definately deserve radio air play. Problem is, if it isnt the same bubblegum bullshit that they play, it doesnt get aired. Also, it appears to me that if KTU likes a particular song that doesn't fit their "commercial criteria", they have one of their guys do a corny remix of it so they are able to play it.

Examples of good songs that should be heard:

Junior Jack- E-Samba

Masi & Mello feat. Brittany- I want you

Chamonix feat Rui de Silva- How did you know

Elya- Time

India- Seduce me

Auto Magic- I'll be here

4tune 500- Dancing in the dark

Laid- No more games

KTU is not helping the dance industry progress and as a result, rec. labels and music stores are going out of business, remix producers are working for peanuts and quality dance music is not being heard. KTU is not representing the dance industry. We need a new radio station totally devoted to dance/house music.

For example party 105 in LI plays 75% dance/house music. I'm not bashing KTU because they are good at what they do but we need a new dance station.

The dance market is doing so well that Club EXIT, one of the biggest dance clubs in NYC, is playing hip hop on the main floor

every Friday night.

Thank you for your time.

President of SO DEEP MUSIC;

Dean Masi

your absolutly 100% correct:D

• 1 year later...

play more underground stuff like later @ night, im not a fan the same vocal "club" music u play alllllll the time, play some trance, play some deep hard core stuff, or if ne one knows...is there a radio station that does play this kinda stuff. like www.di.com does so ill listen to that online, but i need sumthin for when im in my car and my ipod is dead lol.

play more underground stuff like later @ night, im not a fan the same vocal "club" music u play alllllll the time, play some trance, play some deep hard core stuff, or if ne one knows...is there a radio station that does play this kinda stuff. like www.di.com does so ill listen to that online, but i need sumthin for when im in my car and my ipod is dead lol.

i need sumthin for when im in my car and my ipod is dead lol

-----------------------------------

im already working on something for this feature-

There is already a way to tune into my resident station via your cell phone.

I am currently working in the features that allow you to patch your cell to your car stereo.

so you can pump it out that way too

to hear what we are playing already goto

Metro Mix Radio .com

and get involved - the djs are happy to send out requested cds and you can interact with us online during our live show.

However - if you want the simply links to tune in

then hit my spot at www.clubexl.com/vinyl

all the links are there on the page