Clubplanet Nightlife Community

farmer's market downtown

for those of you who live/work in the downtown DC area...

Penn Quarter FRESHFARM Market

Opens Thursday, July 17th, 3:00 - 7:00pm

North end of 8th Street between D and E

I am very excited that Penn Quarter is going to have its very own farmersmarket. Thanks to Ann Yonkers and Bernie Prince Penn Quarter FRESHFARM Market will be opening up on 8th Street this Thursday. If you see either of them, please thank them for bringing their FRESHFARM Market here to us just before each weekend.

This is a "producers only" market for farmers in the Chesapeake Bay watershed. Products for sale will include fresh fruits and vegetables, meats, cut flowers, potted plants, homemade baked goods, soaps, and herbal products. The market will be here every Thursday through October 30th.

Following is a list of farmers who will be at the Penn Quarter Market on Thursday and their wares:

Anchor Nursery

Hanging baskets, market packs, cut flowers and planters

Black Rock

Blueberries, cherries, and some late strawberries (when ripened later in theseason, peaches, apricots and nectarines)

Highfield Dairy

Whole wheat and seven grain breads, goat cheese (fresh chèvre) and aged goat and cow's milk cheeses, goat cheese tarts, perogies, and quiches, goat cheese pizza (ask Dan), and fruit sorbets

Jefferson's Four Seasons

Annuals and perennials for planting and cut flowers

Mount Harmony

Artesian handmade soaps made in Loudoun County, Virginia

Oak Grove Farm

At least three different breads, cheddar breadsticks, granola, cookies and scones, butter, cave-aged cheeses, and ricotta and cream cheese

Sand Hill Farm

Raspberries, cabbages, salad greens, cucumbers, hanging baskets, string beans, and maybe some sweet corn

Toigo Orchards

Blueberries, cherries, and late strawberries (peaches, nectarines, tomato sauce, applesauce, horseradish, and mustards later in the season)

Wheatland Vegetable

Market vegetable packs, greens, green and yellow squash, fennel

FRESHFARM Markets currently operates the Dupont Circle market on Sundays. The Penn Quarter market is co-sponsored by the Downtown Business Improvement District and thanks the businesses and residents of Penn Quarter for their support. By scheduling this producer-only market late-afternoon/early-evening on Thursday, it will be able to serve residents

who are returning home to the neighborhood and workers who are leaving their offices to go home.

FRESHFARM Markets

<mailto:info@freshfarmmarket.org> info@freshfarmmarket.org

<http://www.freshfarmmarket.org/> www.freshfarmmarket.org

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

do you ever do anything during the week? :confused:

i usually stick around silve spring and the rockville/bethesda area with some people that i never get to see on the weekends. i save my weekends for u :love2: