Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OAKENFOLD @ nv

ogmiami

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Danny Howells - hung out with him during the WMC - very nice guy.

SHIT....u better say his name girl....yea, Danny is super cool, after he finished his gig at Spin last year (Halloween) he took a pic with me and Tony...and i was dressed as cheerleader!!!!:eek:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

SHIT....u better say his name girl....yea, Danny is super cool, after he finished his gig at Spin last year (Halloween) he took a pic with me and Tony...and i was dressed as cheerleader!!!!:eek:

:D Was Danny sporting his mohawk? He's super cool and eccentric, but I love him!:D

Originally posted by CHRles:

Oakie started his set around 12:20 with an awesome Progressive Breaks track followed by a couple of Progressive House tunes, and a few Deep Trance tracks. Then he started to pick the tempo and he just dropped the hammer with Progressive Trance, full on Trance, Progressive House, a bit of party Techno, some more good Breaks, and even some Hard Dance. It’s like Oakie’s returned to the path of his glory days. It reminded me of his double CD, Resident – Two Years of Oakenfold at Cream.

Man, Those truly were his days of glory.. That CD is one of my all time favorites EVER!! But I've heard him spin so many times, that I realized it is such a gamble.. I have been let down so many times, that I have become a skeptic... :rolleyes: It's been a long time since I retired Oakie from my "Must See" list. Like someone said earlier I have infinite respect for what he has done for the scene, specially back in the day, but nowadays I would just rather reminisce about the good old days with a classic Essential Mix.. Homelands, Maimi, Cuba, Hong Kong.. u name it.. soo many to choose from...

I hope the evnt goes well, I mean, nothing but the best to those involved, but I just dont think hanguin out w an 18+ crowd to see Oakenfold spin for merely 2 hrs. is my idea of a good fiday night or a saturday for that matter.. not in 2003...

Anyway, I hope u guys have a good one.. I wanna read some reviews...

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke::