Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question - When did Space Jump the Shark?

sobe2003

Question - When did Space Jump the Shark?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Question - When did Space Jump the Shark?

• Moved to the new location
    • IB left to go to NV
    • Grand opening of "STATUS" - hip hop on The Rooftop Patio @ SPACE34

Sincerely, without any political or economical attachment or compromise...Space is big in size but it lacks soul...i'll take Maze or Nerve over Space anytime...

Space = too motherfucking big!

I don't like free-earned-hype...that's what I think about Space...thrives on free-earned-hyped, obviously generated by all the ass-kissing it gets from people who oviously have had no contact with quality.

Space me ronca un huevo.

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

Originally posted by sobe2003

IMO - either:

1. When they moved to the new location

2. IB left to go to NV

3. Put Hip Hop on the terrace/patio

When it shuts down and you cry for the rest of your lives over this Space just like you are crying over the old Space. You guys remember the old Space don't you? You know...that place you all said would never make it because of the "low ceilings, the crazy owner who doesn't know what the hell he is doing opening a club in downtown, the inexperienced George Acosta wanna be DJ (Edgar V), the watched away Liquid DJ who hasn't played in 2 years (Oscar G) and the piece of crap EAW Avalon Sound System." Yeah that place..."that place that just opened up a patio in the middle of the day with the sun shining down on peoples. Who the hell is going to go out there?" ...Who in the world didn't?

Doubters and player haters please buckle your seat belts. Welcome aboard flight 34 aka Space II. We would like to welcome back our captain Mr. Oscar G from his South American tour. This is your "crazy" flight attendant speaking. It is customer appreciation night here at Space Airways. This flight is just $20...and includes open bar until 3 AM. We will be flying at an unbelievable altitude and at speeds you will never understand. This flight will last approximately for the rest of your lives or until you give up and accept the fact that there is no place like Space. Until then just relax, enjoy the flight and trust your captain. We hope you enjoy this trip and thank you for flying Space.

Originally posted by spacious

When it shuts down and you cry for the rest of your lives over this Space just like you are crying over the old Space. You guys remember the old Space don't you? You know...that place you all said would never make it because of the "low ceilings, the crazy owner who doesn't know what he is doing opening a club in downtown, the inexperienced George Acosta wanna be DJ (Edgar V), the watched away old Liquid DJ who hasn't played in 3 years (Oscar G) and the EAW Avalon Sound System." Yeah that place..."that place that just opened up a patio in the middle of the day with the sun shining down on peoples. Who the hell is going to go out there?" ...Who in the world didn't?

Doubters and player haters please buckle your seat belts. Welcome aboard flight 34 aka Space II. We would like to welcome back our captain Mr. Oscar G. This is your "crazy" flight attendant speaking. It is customer appreciation night here at Space Airways. This flight is just $20...and includes open bar until 3 AM. We will be flying at an unbelievable altitude and at speeds you will never understand. This flight will last approximately for the rest of your lives or until you either believe or know everything we know. Until then just relax, enjoy the flight and trust your captain. We hope you enjoy this trip and thank you for flying Space.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

here we go again

whos up to the plate first??????

the watched away old Liquid DJ who hasn't played in 3 years (Oscar G)

What does "watched away" old Liquid Dj mean? Or do you mean-- "washed up" old Liquid Dj? You would think with all the money you make you could go to a community college or at least buy urself an education. And apparently Maze's "open bar" policy is catching on!! And now you have the roof of Space 34 playing Hip Hop too? Uh oh!! Someone is feeling the heat from the other clubs. Two words that come to mind when I think of Hip Hop on the roof of Space 34 and open bar till 3 am, "How Sad" (direct quote from Spacious).

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it shuts down and you cry for the rest of your lives over this Space just like you are crying over the old Space. You guys remember the old Space don't you? You know...that place you all said would never make it because of the "low ceilings, the crazy owner who doesn't know what he is doing opening a club in downtown, the inexperienced George Acosta wanna be DJ (Edgar V), the watched away old Liquid DJ who hasn't played in 3 years (Oscar G) and the EAW Avalon Sound System." Yeah that place..."that place that just opened up a patio in the middle of the day with the sun shining down on peoples. Who the hell is going to go out there?" ...Who in the world didn't?

Doubters and player haters please buckle your seat belts. Welcome aboard flight 34 aka Space II. We would like to welcome back our captain Mr. Oscar G. This is your "crazy" flight attendant speaking. It is customer appreciation night here at Space Airways. This flight is just $20...and includes open bar until 3 AM. We will be flying at an unbelievable altitude and at speeds you will never understand. This flight will last approximately for the rest of your lives or until you either believe or know everything we know. Until then just relax, enjoy the flight and trust your captain. We hope you enjoy this trip and thank you for flying Space.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno, hes got a point, you guys did talk alot of shit in the past.. but still would end up going.

That's an interesting point, it's hilarious how many people bitch and whine about Space 34, and yet, there they are on the dancefloor during the weekend. If they're so adamant about their hatred for the club, hit 'em where it hurts and don't go.

im new to CP,so please can anyone explain me why you all hate space and LP? i think space is a great club,great sound system,the best djs(locals and foreigns)i go there at least twice a month and always have a good time,a lot of cities will love to have a club like space....now LP? i've never met the guy but i think he has done a lot for the dance scene down here,it looks like a very smart guy who take choices and so far those choices have been the rigth ones,i dont think space is going to shut down anytime soon ....

Well, a lot of it comes down to the fact that some people on the board tend to get offended very easily. They want VIP treatment at Wal-Mart prices. LP offers a 1 AM guestlist, and there's people who want it till 3 AM or all night. He offers open bar, and there's people clamoring for it until 5 AM.

The biggest issue comes down to DJs though. The tranceheads on the board basically can't stand that they only get a DJ once a month or so...

Originally posted by blendprod

im new to CP,so please can anyone explain me why you all hate space and LP? i think space is a great club,great sound system,the best djs(locals and foreigns)i go there at least twice a month and always have a good time,a lot of cities will love to have a club like space....now LP? i've never met the guy but i think he has done a lot for the dance scene down here,it looks like a very smart guy who take choices and so far those choices have been the rigth ones,i dont think space is go

space 34 is not going anywhere.

they continuously book most of the biggest dj's in the world.

They may not be the best(in my snobby opinion), but they are the biggest and as long as he books danny twice a year and deep dish 3 times a year, his mortgage will be paid.

I would love to see space take some chances now and then. There are alot of rooms and TONS of great performers out there.

Beyond super dj's and local parties, what about some more quality and less quantity now and then.

I han't checked out n/v, regardless, 2 good clubs will bring more people to both clubs. Look at the 2 gas station at one corner scenario. more is better

Space is not my "scene" but I go every now and then (thanks nelson & luis when I do) and do not want it to go away. I want to see more down there. Besides, it is only 5 blocks from my crib.

Originally posted by fat0ny

quote:

I dunno, hes got a point, you guys did talk alot of shit in the past.. but still would end up going.

and we'll definitively keep talking shit! ;)

everyone can argue all they want, and talk all the shit they want, but the fact of the matter is that the old SPACE was one of the best clubs in the world...the new SPACE is just taking the old one to the next level...You guys constantly bash it, and what is wrong with havng hip hop in the patio...there is plenty of space for everyone to enjoy hip hop and house music...plenty of space and plenty of rooms...why the constant complaining on this board is beyond me...i think everyone on this board is just spoiled by the fact that space brings you guys an amazing venue with the top dj's in the world...when you have the best d.j.'s around the globe saying that space is their favorite place to play, i think that means something...those are people who constantly travel around the world from club to club playing for different crowds...

i think i will consider their opinion slightly more valid than all the people on this board, who the highlight of their imenightlife was shadow lounge or the mix...give me a break guys, u have an amazing venue at your disposal, and all you do is bash it.

stop bitching and go have a good time...SPACE is not all that bad...its actually pretty damn good!!!

SPACE 34 = :party:

Originally posted by housewhore

everyone can argue all they want, and talk all the shit they want, but the fact of the matter is that the old SPACE was one of the best clubs in the world...the new SPACE is just taking the old one to the next level...You guys constantly bash it, and what is wrong with havng hip hop in the patio...there is plenty of space for everyone to enjoy hip hop and house music...plenty of space and plenty of rooms...why the constant complaining on this board is beyond me...i think everyone on this board is just spoiled by the fact that space brings you guys an amazing venue with the top dj's in the world...when you have the best d.j.'s around the globe saying that space is their favorite place to play, i think that means something...those are people who constantly travel around the world from club to club playing for different crowds...

i think i will consider their opinion slightly more valid than all the people on this board, who the highlight of their imenightlife was shadow lounge or the mix...give me a break guys, u have an amazing venue at your disposal, and all you do is bash it.

stop bitching and go have a good time...SPACE is not all that bad...its actually pretty damn good!!!

SPACE 34 = :party:

I agree...no I don't...you're right...no you're not...you're wrong...you're absolutely right...you're definitively wrong...you don't know jack...jack called and left you a message...kiss space's ass for me...just kidding...I'm serious...no I'm not...I agree...no I don't...you're right...no you're not...you're wrong...you're absolutely right...you're definitively wrong...you don't know jack...jack called and left you a message...kiss space's ass for me...just kidding...I'm serious...no I'm not...I agree...no I don't...you're right...no you're not...you're wrong...you're absolutely right...you're definitively wrong...you don't know jack...jack called and left you a message...kiss space's ass for me...just kidding...I'm serious...no I'm not...I agree...no I don't...you're right...no you're not...you're wrong...you're absolutely right...you're definitively wrong...you don't know jack...jack called and left you a message...kiss space's ass for me...just kidding...I'm serious...no I'm not...I agree...no I don't...you're right...no you're not...you're wrong...you're absolutely right...you're definitively wrong...you don't know jack...jack called and left you a message...kiss space's ass for me...just kidding...I'm serious...no I'm not...I agree...no I don't...you're right...no you're not...you're wrong...you're absolutely right...you're definitively wrong...you don't know jack...jack called and left you a message...kiss space's ass for me...just kidding...I'm serious...no I'm not...ok, ok, ok, ok you got a point there...no you don't...

:tongue: