The Official Space Hold Out Thread!

djdekan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djdekan

SO I was There last Friday to See a Dj Known as Chris Liebing and ohh yes Maurro Picotto. AND I am now totally fucked, it felt like the old space, it sounded fucking incredible, the dj's were having the time of there life, etc........

And Now

I wont Go back till I know That will happen again......

Let The Hold out Begin.

Pete

good attitude, considering you are a newcomer to the business side of the industry... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by biznation00

good attitude, considering you are a newcomer to the business side of the industry... :rolleyes:

not for nothing, but why would you question his attitude?? here is how I interpreted his post; he had a great evening out. he wants to experience, more evenings like that at Space. the fact that he said he is, holding out ... would appear to be a bit sarcastic. considering he spends a fair amount, of time at Space. even though he works for crobar. just my two pennies.. ;)

get a life...oh, by the way mauro picotto who happens to be a top 10 dj in the world does not play trance. he plays techno, house, hard house, and trance. i said it before and i'll say it again trance is dead my friends. only when i'm with a chick will i accept trance blasting from the speakers. but, i guess you trance heads will never learn:banghead:

Originally posted by mrmovement33

get a life...oh, by the way mauro picotto who happens to be a top 10 dj in the world does not play trance. he plays techno, house, hard house, and trance. i said it before and i'll say it again trance is dead my friends. only when i'm with a chick will i accept trance blasting from the speakers. but, i guess you trance heads will never learn:banghead:

:laugh: what does this have to do with the original post.. :confused::D

Originally posted by sobeton

not for nothing, but why would you question his attitude?? here is how I interpreted his post; he had a great evening out. he wants to experience, more evenings like that at Space. the fact that he said he is, holding out ... would appear to be a bit sarcastic. considering he spends a fair amount, of time at Space. even though he works for crobar. just my two pennies.. ;)

I thought he meant book Mauro and Chris again and I'll go back to space. If you don't then I will not go back.

Originally posted by djdekan

Two Tickets on Biz's List for Space Wars PLease.

Hey no prob Pete.. Just bring your crobar flyers to the Space door & we'll comp you as industry. ;)

I'm @ crobar every friday & you never hear a negative peep out of me cuz I have respect for them & the industry. Why?? because I know what it feels like to be a part of it...

Same goes for all of the clubs I visit...

Hey no prob Pete.. Just bring your crobar flyers to the Space door & we'll comp you as industry. ;)

I'm @ crobar every friday & you never hear a negative peep out of me cuz I have respect for them & the industry. Why?? because I know what it feels like to be a part of it...

Same goes for all of the clubs I visit...

Hey BIZ - I'll have respect for you when you get a hair cut and throw away all those trucker hats lol :laugh:

Originally posted by guyman1966

Hey BIZ - I'll have respect for you when you get a hair cut and throw away all those trucker hats lol :laugh:

hey man, not everyone can grow a nice shinny, healthy mullet like mine buddy!! :laugh:

With this mullet I could pass for a jersey guido at a Bon Jovi charity concert... :laugh:

Mullets Rock!!

Originally posted by mrmovement33

Dead for UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU .

Speak for yourself ! . :D

how bizarre. how does someone’s observations, and comments about an evening. become a metaphor for respect, or have anything to do with trance ?? I would think a post like Pete’s. would open the floor, to some interesting dialogue, which would perhaps expand more upon his original comments. but then again it’s CP miami, so I should have known better. :laugh:

Originally posted by sobeton

how bizarre. how does someone’s observations, and comments about an evening. become a metaphor for respect, or have anything to do with trance ?? I would think a post like Pete’s. would open the floor, to some interesting dialogue, which would perhaps expand more upon his original comments. but then again it’s CP miami, so I should have known better. :laugh:

Your right dude, let me just keep my trap shut then... there's nothing wrong with anyone or anything on CP. Overall it doesn't lack gratitude & most of us here aren't spoiled.. :rolleyes:

Things would be a whole lot different for our scene here if it weren't for clubs like Space & Crobar, etc. As much as certain peepz love to hate them, they are the front runners & a big reason why guys like Mauro & other superstars visit Miami. Be grateful these places are the gates to the many superstars that come here on a regular basis. But what do I know?? There's just soo much gratitude & respect in this forum... :rolleyes:

I guess guys like pete are right. Roland, Oscar & some of our other guys are grunts & don't have fun like Mauro & Chris, so therefore pete won't come back till they do. Now the poor guy is totally fucked & won't be visting Space for a while. What a shame. :rolleyes:

Not like many on here care, but I guess I'll begin my CP hold out. Not comin' back till I feel the warmth, luv & respect for our Crobars & Spaces, etc on this board... :laugh:

I think the above says why I haven't been posting as much as I used to.

It's not "what a shame", it's "HOW SAD" :)

But seriously folks.

What I think the underlying problem is that a lot of people fail to understand that a club is first and foremost, a business. Booking "unheard" talent as a main act isn't doable in a big place like Space 34. Marco may fill 'em in in Europe, but Miami has no idea who he is. Maybe Space should have him in the side room one night, i don't know, but he couldn't hold the main room. Style doesn't matter, Miami's attached to names...I've had people not go to Space, since they hear Oscar isn't playing, or like back in the day when people would skip out of Shadow if George wasn't on.

The trick to getting these unheard DJs attention in Miami is to book them as openers, book them in smaller venues, then attempt to take on the big boys. Clubplanet represents like .01 percent of the clubbing populace. This board is not an accurate representation of the scene. The crowds overall are sheep, but that's the fun part, sheep will do what you tell them with enough goading.

Your right dude, let me just keep my trap shut then... there's nothing wrong with anyone or anything on CP. Overall it doesn't lack gratitude & most of us here aren't spoiled.. :rolleyes:

Things would be a whole lot different for our scene here if it weren't for clubs like Space & Crobar, etc. As much as certain peepz love to hate them, they are the front runners & a big reason why guys like Mauro & other superstars visit Miami. Be grateful these places are the gates to the many superstars that come here on a regular basis. But what do I know?? There's just soo much gratitude & respect in this forum... :rolleyes:

I guess guys like pete are right. Roland, Oscar & some of our other guys are grunts & don't have fun like Mauro & Chris, so therefore pete won't come back till they do. Now the poor guy is totally fucked & won't be visting Space for a while. What a shame. :rolleyes:

Not like many on here care, but I guess I'll begin my CP hold out. Not comin' back till I feel the warmth, luv & respect for our Crobars & Spaces, etc on this board... :laugh:

I think the above says why I haven't been posting as much as I used to.

You know Biz put the sarcasm aside, and you have some valid and rather humorous points.. But again you fail to understand what Pete was saying, further you take a little bit of "sarcasm" and take it as some type of personal affront. from other people on this board, I would aspect that. you on the other hand truly surprise me. Pete never said he doesn’t have fun, when he listens to other DJ’s at Space. in fact he along with, a handful of CP folks including myself, are at Space on a very consistent basis. Not just when superstar DJ’s are in town. ;) yeah we have some issues with Space on occasion, but in the end we are there supporting and not just bitching.

You hardly know Pete; I have known him for almost three years. So maybe I know him well enough, to share or at least understand, some the frustrations he has with the scene. if there is anyone on this board, who is dedicated to the scene and intuitive of its infrastructure it is him. one of his philosophies is you "support the DJ, not the club". Seems a bit odd, but in reality it makes a great deal of sense. His comments sometimes may not be tainted with complements, but his sincerity and dedication much like yours should be clear. or at the very least should warrant further explanation, before jumping to conclusions. Wouldn’t you agree?

I hope you will feel the "warmth, luv & respect " and come back to us here in CP Land soon! I miss you already ! :tongue::D