Clubplanet Nightlife Community

promoters

lol the best was last week a promoter emailed me sayin i heard one of ur cds in a friends car it was sick blah blah..i am doin a new party in sept. in nj how about a spot? i write back thats a possibility i ask about the venue ect. ect. he writes back oh how many peopel can u bring? lol sorry bro i dont do that i have my own 2 boys promote for me to bring heads and have worked with me for a while.. then he wrote back oh forget the #s u can bring. how about we start off with some guest spots to see how it goes.....needless to say i didnt write back.

i will say this i dont know binoy personally but hear nothin but great things about u for the last few yrs and u also dont go overboard promoting ur parties so it is true there is some good promoters left. to bad the days when i was hardcore into the scene #'s didnt matter it was skills, i odnt care what anyone says yrs back it was the promoters job to bring heads

Originally posted by wakeup

lol the best was last week a promoter emailed me sayin i heard one of ur cds in a friends car it was sick blah blah..i am doin a new party in sept. in nj how about a spot? i write back thats a possibility i ask about the venue ect. ect. he writes back oh how many peopel can u bring? lol sorry bro i dont do that i have my own 2 boys promote for me to bring heads and have worked with me for a while.. then he wrote back oh forget the #s u can bring. how about we start off with some guest spots to see how it goes.....needless to say i didnt write back.

i will say this i dont know binoy personally but hear nothin but great things about u for the last few yrs and u also dont go overboard promoting ur parties so it is true there is some good promoters left. to bad the days when i was hardcore into the scene #'s didnt matter it was skills, i odnt care what anyone says yrs back it was the promoters job to bring heads

Thank you, means alot to me. I Def am all about the Music and i try to base my parties around that. Cant do it all the time but when i get the opportunity i do it. Also Overpromoting parties just makes peopel annoyed and not want to come so i see no reason to do it. I put it up once, if they want to come they are gonna come...bottom line. I also believe that its the promoters job to bring people. 100%. I have booked some opening DJs though that played well and brought some good #'s so you can get the best of both worlds.

Either way, thanks for the kind words. Means alot.

this just reminded me

anyone know of this addy MaleyAntics@aol.com

this person got my email somehow

and emails mutliple times a week about parties

i emailed them 5 times telling them nicely to remove me from the list, after each one they keep sending more..im really annoyed at this point

as if i dont get enough junk mail already

its promoters like this that piss me off

besides, the only thing that will make me go to a party these days is the dj...the only exception is summertime, when i just want to kick back and have fun, and dont always worry about the music

wakeup is rigth

i get that type of JERK promoter talkig nto me al lthe time-

if not 3 times a week

im at the point for the past # of months now that when one asks

"can you send me a demo cd so i can chekc ur style?"

i tell them

"come on- you think im a rookie here? tell me what you want REALLY, is it a good cd or a dj that will bring #'s of ppl?"

so o send the fillowing out to hte promoters that THINK they know how to treat a party

BINOY is excluded cause hes a goodie goodie:eek:

ATTN wannabie subpromoters w/ major lack of professionalism

if you want a good cd

them goto COMPACT DISK WORLD or some local record shop and buy one- if u need help- i can give yo a list of good ones-

if you want a dj that will bring in #'s of ppl

goto some frat house- get a kid with a tape deck and tell him youll give him free bear as long as his friends come-

cause LIQID is not going to help you promote a party that you will only drop him from in the next week-

sorry subs - contracting partise only

and i take my $ when i get there

no exceptions

ATTN to christian Jay

i will be getting at you soon on something

TRANCE PARTY baby!!!

BINOY? keep doing your thing- and the wannabies will have a model figure to try and be like

yaknow?

Originally posted by liqidtouch

wakeup is rigth

i get that type of JERK promoter talkig nto me al lthe time-

if not 3 times a week

im at the point for the past # of months now that when one asks

"can you send me a demo cd so i can chekc ur style?"

i tell them

"come on- you think im a rookie here? tell me what you want REALLY, is it a good cd or a dj that will bring #'s of ppl?"

so o send the fillowing out to hte promoters that THINK they know how to treat a party

BINOY is excluded cause hes a goodie goodie:eek:

ATTN wannabie subpromoters w/ major lack of professionalism

if you want a good cd

them goto COMPACT DISK WORLD or some local record shop and buy one- if u need help- i can give yo a list of good ones-

if you want a dj that will bring in #'s of ppl

goto some frat house- get a kid with a tape deck and tell him youll give him free bear as long as his friends come-

cause LIQID is not going to help you promote a party that you will only drop him from in the next week-

sorry subs - contracting partise only

and i take my $ when i get there

no exceptions

ATTN to christian Jay

i will be getting at you soon on something

TRANCE PARTY baby!!!

BINOY? keep doing your thing- and the wannabies will have a model figure to try and be like

yaknow?

Why am i Goodie Goodie??

I will keep doing my thing cause i love the scene and love the music and its something I enjoy doing and something ive been successfull in doing.

Originally posted by binoys

Why am i Goodie Goodie??

I will keep doing my thing cause i love the scene and love the music and its something I enjoy doing and something ive been successfull in doing.

your a goodie cause your doing it the right way

same reason you been doing it so long too-

i mean what other promoters get their name BLASTED out almost weekly from major radio stations?

oh one more thing

i got this in my mail today

Hi my name is Jermain Thompson,CEO of AAM Records in Norfolk,VA. Basically the reason that I'm e-mailing you today is to see if we could do something as far as getting a mixtape done. Our label is looking for a DJ right now to partner with a put together a mixtape. We have some of the best talent that you're going to find. I stand by my word on that. If you would be interested in this oppurtunity I encourage you to e-mail us at x****Xfor more info. Thanks

I dont mind doing it but why would this come to me with NO letter head and or signature in the email?

i mean its from a record company right?

so y did it come from a space like

YAHOO and MSN?just some thougths

Originally posted by liqidtouch

your a goodie cause your doing it the right way

same reason you been doing it so long too-

i mean what other promoters get their name BLASTED out almost weekly from major radio stations?

oh one more thing

i got this in my mail today

Hi my name is Jermain Thompson,CEO of AAM Records in Norfolk,VA. Basically the reason that I'm e-mailing you today is to see if we could do something as far as getting a mixtape done. Our label is looking for a DJ right now to partner with a put together a mixtape. We have some of the best talent that you're going to find. I stand by my word on that. If you would be interested in this oppurtunity I encourage you to e-mail us at x****Xfor more info. Thanks

I dont mind doing it but why would this come to me with NO letter head and or signature in the email?

i mean its from a record company right?

so y did it come from a space like

YAHOO and MSN?just some thougths

Oh, thank you. Im guessin your talkin about KTU. lol good peeps!

The letter seems a little shady. If it was from a label it should be more professional, not just some email. I dont, just be carefull giving your mix out. Dont wanna get robbed!