Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moo, let me help you with the critics!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people have to start realizing that hip hop is pretty much a must at a lot of clubs now, hip hop is a lot bigger than house musin today, some say it sucks, but what are youi gong to do, i like it, and i love house, fuck it whatever makes you drink and dance,

kirk your 100% right

Originally posted by daitaliangreek

people have to start realizing that hip hop is pretty much a must at a lot of clubs now, hip hop is a lot bigger than house musin today, some say it sucks, but what are youi gong to do, i like it, and i love house, fuck it whatever makes you drink and dance,

kirk your 100% right

Even the ginzos are on to this hip hop trend

I think there's a time and place for everything..........some places are about a good time, some places focus more on the music alone, etc..........it's all relative to where you are and the crowd that is there. A few comments:

- there is still good music out there but there's so much crap it's harder to find

- hip hop is digging its own grave........I agree that barely any of the songs or artists have any longevity.........there is nothing in that spectrum coming out that will be a classic.........everything is a one-hitter to make the quick buck..........big record companies just exploit new talent until it gets old then they get replaced..........and when it all gets old, they will just replace all the hip hop with whatever is in.........what do they care, the money is always there. IMO.

- once there are more stringent laws on downloading tracks and the "super dj pay 50 bucks to get into the club" nonsense stops, I think dance music will become more popular than ever in this country.

and kirk I agree with most of what you say but you seem to only look at things from the business side............in the end, that's what counts but I believe in keeping a good reputation for my business as well..........according to your theory, clubs charging ridiculous cover charges to see a DJ who is only costing that much because of the name he has is a smart move..........if I pay $100 to hear a DJ, I hope he would be spinning 10 decks at the same time while spinning a basketball on this finger and smoking a cigarette (and yes, club space in miami was charging that at the wmc this year)..........yea, the owner made a great business decision to fuck everyone out of their money and he will be swimming in it but people still realize it's not right and that is a bad reflection on the character of the owner/promoters/club/whoever else involved.........and to me that matters as well..........not to pick on the moo but you mentioned him in your post...........I think it's a great business decision to hire him as a DJ for the reasons you posted...........but I personally wouldn't hire him for the exact same reasons.............hiring someone as a resident DJ because they have a web site and know a lot of people doesn't constitute anything worthy of respect other than the fact that whoever did it knows how to make money..........fine.........nothing wrong with that...........but I firmly believe that, even though a lot of people who drop the cash in clubs are clueless and don't care as long as they hear the same summer anthems at least once, a lot also are aware of the schemes the clubs pull to suck as much cash out of each patrons pocket as possible..............I think there's a way to compromise and satisfy both sides.............it may mean a little less money in the owners pocket but the payback is respect of character from the right people and more loyalty from patrons..........and I think that's worth more if you wanna have long term success...........and this goes for any business I believe.............keep in mind, I'm not pinpointing any one club here.........speaking more generally..........but I do think it's clear which ones fit the bill.

oh and mooo you are a clown bro, its cool though, the site was all accidental wasnt it?

what was it that reporter said from the post............... i watched as the moo put on his sleeveless shirt to reveal his buldging biceps

now thats a joke

Originally posted by kirklop

first off, you guys say(christianjay/wakeup) jersey sucks, the music is cheese (except rydell and santana), and the whole political/nightclub/dj whatever is killing the clubscene........first off let me start with the music......todays music sucks! period(as far as dance)......you can all thank yourselves for that by downloading for free.......christianjay/wakeup, you need to understand people are not "educated musically" like yourselves nor do they want to be.. the vast majority of people want to hear what they know(with the exception of a few others on the boards). i work friday happy hour at d'jais and play everyting from metallica, dion, cypress hill, amuka to deb cox ;and you know what you stupid fucks.....a packed bar sings every song and spends a shitload of money at the bar......nightclubs survive by people droppin cash and they drop that much more when there happy.....music is regressing, face it, why do you think there are so many retro nights......people hear the retro tracks and sing to them or get excited when a old progressive track comes on..........tech house will never be at the shore , really, get over it....quite honestly your opinions are so biased it's ridiculous.......

last sunday at surf people were being very picky to what they danced to: so at around 7:00 i drop 5 hip-hop tracks which instantly pack the dance floor, but i get criticized on sicktracks for doing that.....can't some of you see what's going on here? times have changed, face it, you don't have to accept it, just face it...am i wrong for playing rap and doing my job? should i have just kept playing dance music leaving the crowd standing around waiting for "something to happen." .......i have been working every weekend since 1984 and one thing i have definitely learned is that music and trends are cyclical.....every 3 to 6 years there is a change......todays trend is not dance, it's hip hop and retro (retro rock and dance).....most people in the bars are back into drinking and having a good time not doing drugs like a few years ago....some of you still do whatever drug but most people are back to getting sloppy drunk.....

i'm curious christian/wakeup to your dislike of denny and your love of santana......i have worked with both many times and i find their music selection and mixing style very very similar.....both are great dj's.....why the hate? let's talk about it!

politics in the clubs........is it wrong for joey to hire the moo as a dj because he has a successful website? no, because the website advertises the club, moo knows a shitload of people, and he's a dj who knows what to play for his crowd...

is it political for ktu dj's to play the clubs? they are all well known and people come to see them.......you guys seem to be getting the words political and business confused......it is "business" by using the individuals discussed not "politics."

christian/wakeup you guys definitely know your music and i'm not trying to tarket you but just adressing a few topics that keep coming up.......you obviously hate "most" of the jersey clubs...there is more to the clubs than music......it's having a good time with the people your hangin' with.....

anyway, everybody have a great sunday.............i will respond monday to battle the ignorant replys....... kirk lopez

excellent post. I agree with every point you made. :aright:

Originally posted by dancerbar

oh and mooo you are a clown bro, its cool though, the site was all accidental wasnt it?

what was it that reporter said from the post............... i watched as the moo put on his sleeveless shirt to reveal his buldging biceps

now thats a joke

Yeah that was funny....I admit I had to laugh at that

Originally posted by kirklop

first off, you guys say(christianjay/wakeup) jersey sucks, the music is cheese (except rydell and santana), and the whole political/nightclub/dj whatever is killing the clubscene........first off let me start with the music......todays music sucks! period(as far as dance)......you can all thank yourselves for that by downloading for free.......christianjay/wakeup, you need to understand people are not "educated musically" like yourselves nor do they want to be.. the vast majority of people want to hear what they know(with the exception of a few others on the boards). i work friday happy hour at d'jais and play everyting from metallica, dion, cypress hill, amuka to deb cox ;and you know what you stupid fucks.....a packed bar sings every song and spends a shitload of money at the bar......nightclubs survive by people droppin cash and they drop that much more when there happy.....music is regressing, face it, why do you think there are so many retro nights......people hear the retro tracks and sing to them or get excited when a old progressive track comes on..........tech house will never be at the shore , really, get over it....quite honestly your opinions are so biased it's ridiculous.......

last sunday at surf people were being very picky to what they danced to: so at around 7:00 i drop 5 hip-hop tracks which instantly pack the dance floor, but i get criticized on sicktracks for doing that.....can't some of you see what's going on here? times have changed, face it, you don't have to accept it, just face it...am i wrong for playing rap and doing my job? should i have just kept playing dance music leaving the crowd standing around waiting for "something to happen." .......i have been working every weekend since 1984 and one thing i have definitely learned is that music and trends are cyclical.....every 3 to 6 years there is a change......todays trend is not dance, it's hip hop and retro (retro rock and dance).....most people in the bars are back into drinking and having a good time not doing drugs like a few years ago....some of you still do whatever drug but most people are back to getting sloppy drunk.....

i'm curious christian/wakeup to your dislike of denny and your love of santana......i have worked with both many times and i find their music selection and mixing style very very similar.....both are great dj's.....why the hate? let's talk about it!

politics in the clubs........is it wrong for joey to hire the moo as a dj because he has a successful website? no, because the website advertises the club, moo knows a shitload of people, and he's a dj who knows what to play for his crowd...

is it political for ktu dj's to play the clubs? they are all well known and people come to see them.......you guys seem to be getting the words political and business confused......it is "business" by using the individuals discussed not "politics."

christian/wakeup you guys definitely know your music and i'm not trying to tarket you but just adressing a few topics that keep coming up.......you obviously hate "most" of the jersey clubs...there is more to the clubs than music......it's having a good time with the people your hangin' with.....

anyway, everybody have a great sunday.............i will respond monday to battle the ignorant replys....... kirk lopez

kirk 1st off who talks about techouse being at the shore?? u think i ever think that would work anywhere in nj LOL, considerin im into mostly progressive and house no less. 2nd denny is a cocksucker without droppin bs on a messageboard leave it at that. 3rd i havent heard santana spin in over 3 yrs at bunka so i dont know where u got me likin him from. 4th i heard rydell once last summer so yet again i never even mentioned any of these djs ever in my posts nor hardly post on this whacked nj board, so kirk enjoy droppin ur metalica, dion ect.

by the way kirk i love your comment that todays music sucks, hahahah wow amazing i tell u. the last few weeks have been a little slow for some quality shit, but i understand u cant find any fist pumpers or sing along anthems;)

by far the best dj down the shore, tribal is good

im not doubting that one bit, but just like hip hop trend tribal is a jsut fad. most of the stuff is leaning towards funky stuff now, but all the music out there sucks now lol

Originally posted by wakeup

im not doubting that one bit, but just like hip hop trend tribal is a jsut fad. most of the stuff is leaning towards funky stuff now, but all the music out there sucks now lol

your absolutely right, tribal is a fad, i have always liked it, i like the deeper, darker, and loud house, lol, the louder the better, i hate the shore for clubs as well , but richie is a close friend and great producer when he can let loose he's a totally different dj

Originally posted by tyco

I think there's a time and place for everything..........some places are about a good time, some places focus more on the music alone, etc..........it's all relative to where you are and the crowd that is there. A few comments:

- there is still good music out there but there's so much crap it's harder to find

and kirk I agree with most of what you say but you seem to only look at things from the business side............in the end, that's what counts but I believe in keeping a good reputation for my business as well..........according to your theory, clubs charging ridiculous cover charges to see a DJ who is only costing that much because of the name he has is a smart move..........if I pay $100 to hear a DJ, I hope he would be spinning 10 decks at the same time while spinning a basketball on this finger and smoking a cigarette (and yes, club space in miami was charging that at the wmc this year)..........yea, the owner made a great business decision to fuck everyone out of their money and he will be swimming in it but people still realize it's not right and that is a bad reflection on the character of the owner/promoters/club/whoever else involved.........and to me that matters as well..........not to pick on the moo but you mentioned him in your post...........I think it's a great business decision to hire him as a DJ for the reasons you posted...........but I personally wouldn't hire him for the exact same reasons.............hiring someone as a resident DJ because they have a web site and know a lot of people doesn't constitute anything worthy of respect other than the fact that whoever did it knows how to make money..........fine.........nothing wrong with that...........but I firmly believe that, even though a lot of people who drop the cash in clubs are clueless and don't care as long as they hear the same summer anthems at least once, a lot also are aware of the schemes the clubs pull to suck as much cash out of each patrons pocket as possible..............I think there's a way to compromise and satisfy both sides.............it may mean a little less money in the owners pocket but the payback is respect of character from the right people and more loyalty from patrons..........and I think that's worth more if you wanna have long term success...........and this goes for any business I believe.............keep in mind, I'm not pinpointing any one club here.........speaking more generally..........but I do think it's clear which ones fit the bill.

exactly what i was thinkin when i posted how it works both ways as a business decision

This is true, there is plenty of quality tracks available and the music is once again changing and in my opinion... for the better.

I'll address all the political bullshit in this post at a later time.

Qwest

Originally posted by christianjay

im too tired to actually write back to this

but kirk, if you think theres no good music around, i suggest you spend more time in the shops.

theres plenty of good music out.

and theres a bunch of djs i respect and belive have talent in NJ, i dont need to drop a list though...

by far the best dj down the shore, tribal is good

The best DJ down the shore...actually, not just the shore, but in NJ is KIRK LOPEZ.

Ive never heard anyone say a bad thing about Kirk until some of the idiots on this board starting saying shit.

Kirk Lopez is THE JERSEY SHORE!!

If you ask any respected DJ in this area, i can assure you NOT ONE will say anything bad about Kirk. If anything, they will always PRAISE him. This guy is Greatly respected, but at times even a bit underrated. Most of the people that talk shit about Kirk Lopez cant even carry his records. All the idiots need to stop hating and start respecting. If not, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP. ;)

MarcoMaxim

Originally posted by wakeup

Are you talking about miguel migs, joeski, hfoundation kind of funky house?

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Are you talking about miguel migs, joeski, hfoundation kind of funky house?

no particular names but many of the recent releases have had a funky guitar or basslines as of late it seems that it was 1st a tech element phase, then tribal now onto funky shit but we'll see in a few more months

The statement below goes for the dj as well in my opinion...

Reputation and integrity should be a motivating factor in everything you do. If you're a club dj specializing in dance music, you should never have to agree to playing hip-hop to modivate a crowd. If you do, it's not the place for you.

Qwest.

Originally posted by tyco

and kirk I agree with most of what you say but you seem to only look at things from the business side............in the end, that's what counts but I believe in keeping a good reputation for my business as well..........

Originally posted by djqwest

The statement below goes for the dj as well in my opinion...

Reputation and integrity should be a motivating factor in everything you do. If you're a club dj specializing in dance music, you should never have to agree to playing hip-hop to modivate a crowd. If you do, it's not the place for you.

Qwest.

exactly

marko, your too funny! wakeup and christian, nothing personal, just debating with you.......i just find today's club music blah and a ton of other people feel that way........a lot of it sounds like filler music.....you guys are music lovers so you have always look for the newest shit and you probably get bored of stuff that's 2 weeks old.......as far as record shopping i go every other week due to the fact i work day and night and can't always get to the city......i was a member of "for the record" record pool (NYC) for many years up til about 3 years ago......i was in record pools for over 15 years and mailing lists still to this day.....so when i say today's music as far as dance is concerned is not up to par, i think i know what i'm talking about due to the fact i have rated music for record labels for 15 years......if dance music so great, why is rap taking over? response please!

Originally posted by marcomaxim

The best DJ down the shore...actually, not just the shore, but in NJ is KIRK LOPEZ.

Ive never heard anyone say a bad thing about Kirk until some of the idiots on this board starting saying shit.

Kirk Lopez is THE JERSEY SHORE!!

If you ask any respected DJ in this area, i can assure you NOT ONE will say anything bad about Kirk. If anything, they will always PRAISE him. This guy is Greatly respected, but at times even a bit underrated. Most of the people that talk shit about Kirk Lopez cant even carry his records. All the idiots need to stop hating and start respecting. If not, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP. ;)

MarcoMaxim

marco i was talking about richie santana

no disrespect to kirk, just my opinion