Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BEST NYC Clubs/Bars for college students

Three of my roommates and I are visiting New York in a few weeks. We are planning on hitting the nightlife scene downtown and was wondering what the hotspots are if you were hitting the city once. If everyone could list their favorite clubs/bars and why that would be outstanding. Price isnt an issue, just want a lot of good looking people. So far I have heard, Sound Factory, Bar None and Webster Hall are pretty solid. Is that true? Thanks!

bar none is all college kids, the place is a dump though in my opinion. Factory def has the best lookin crowd and I wouldnt waste your time going to websterhall although since you are not from nyc you might like that place.

try this site

http://www.timeoutny.com/

Hot Spots is a relative term. What do you normally like to do? Are you interested in places which are open all night, what kind of music do you like?

I'm not trying to be a hardass, but just because I like to goto a certain bar/club, doesn't mean you'll like it. You know what I mean.

Time Out is a pretty good place to start though.

If you are looking to have a good time and be rowdy.....and not worry so much about the type of music.....Try Red Rock in NYC. Its a really fun time with fun people and so awesome looking female bartenders.

If you have ever seen or heard about the movie Coyote Ugly, you know just what to expect....dancing on the bar, half naked bartenders treated you like they own you, and a water show at the end of the night hosted by the bartenders.

Its such a fun time.......but dont get carried away....GUYS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE BAR unless the bartender takes you up there....and you CAN NOT try to give the girls money....YOU WILL GET KICKED OUT!

Otherwise, its a really fun time and its something totally different.

Check out Sheckys.com Its got tons of stuff on it to find just what you are looking for. Also If your looking for the College/Proffesional crowd try in the area i live in. Its called Murray Hill. Its 3rd Ave from like 40th street to like 32nd. There are tons of bars there with that crowd. Like Joshua tree etc.... If you go on that site you can also looks up bars/clubs in location, crowd etc.....Cheers You could also try

Pressure

110 University Pl.

(12th & 13th Sts.)

Greenwich Village

212-255-8188

or

Spread

(@ The Marcel Hotel)

323 3rd Ave.

(@ 24th St.)

Murray Hill

212-683-8880

Originally posted by jessie739

If you are looking to have a good time and be rowdy.....and not worry so much about the type of music.....Try Red Rock in NYC. Its a really fun time with fun people and so awesome looking female bartenders.

If you have ever seen or heard about the movie Coyote Ugly, you know just what to expect....dancing on the bar, half naked bartenders treated you like they own you, and a water show at the end of the night hosted by the bartenders.

Its such a fun time.......but dont get carried away....GUYS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE BAR unless the bartender takes you up there....and you CAN NOT try to give the girls money....YOU WILL GET KICKED OUT!

Otherwise, its a really fun time and its something totally different.

some more info?! id like to eheck it out...are they easy on ID? where is it??