Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AUG 22nd -- Charles Feelgood @ I/O in MIAMI --

thematrixgirl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're talking about UK Garage in reference to me ... then let me tell you what to expect. Mostly 4x4 Garage, little if any 2step, and probably some brokenbeat thrown in here and there. I'm supposed to be playing the main room right after feelgood, so I'll be sure to contine the vibes ... there's so much variety in Garage you'd be surprised how well I can blend it in and you wouldn't even know :cool: So whether he ends off his set with House, Hip Hop or breakbeat ... the party will continue, trust!

Hope to see you all there ...

Originally posted by ikkin

Address please.........

The addy is 30 NE 14st .... its very simple to get to.

Just take Biscayne to NE 14st and go west about 4 blocks.

I/O is on the left. Its about 1 block east of the Ice Palace.

Originally posted by tsheritage

If you're talking about UK Garage in reference to me ... then let me tell you what to expect. Mostly 4x4 Garage, little if any 2step, and probably some brokenbeat thrown in here and there. I'm supposed to be playing the main room right after feelgood, so I'll be sure to contine the vibes ... there's so much variety in Garage you'd be surprised how well I can blend it in and you wouldn't even know :cool: So whether he ends off his set with House, Hip Hop or breakbeat ... the party will continue, trust!

Hope to see you all there ...

1. Garage

garage is music which has evolved from the more soulful, more gospel-inspired parts of disco [Larry Levan's Paradise Garage].

2. Speed Garage

When, around 1997, some London DJs took the descendant of this music and latched it to some cavernous, half-tempo basslines, speed garage or UK garage or the London Sound was born.

which one are you?

GA2 ... yes, I play soulfull Garage. :D I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the NYC House/Paradise Garage sound, although of course it is the roots of the sound that exists today. The historical "Paradise Garage" sound is a bit retro for my tastes ... I prefer to keep the selections upfront. There are however plenty of new producers who make Garage on both sides of the Atlantic that are smooth and soulful.

For the stateside artists I rate:

Todd Edwards

Todd Terry

MK

Armand Van Helden

King Britt and the philly soul artists, etc

For the London/UK side I check:

D'N'D

MJ Cole

Wookie

Ashley Beedle

Zed Bias

Seiji and the brokenbeat west london crews

If you want a taste ... check the mix here -->

T.S. Heritage - 4x4Labor

Come check it out Friday and let me know what you think ;)