Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Promoters

First off all let me give respect out to all the "real" promoters out there working hard in these the darkest of times for the nightclub industry!

Now for the rest of you wannabe promoters...

1. I've about had it when I get a call or an email asking me to play a venue asking..."how many people can you bring?" or "do you have any demo cd's?" I'm not a promoter although there will always be a small group of people that will come around to hear me play. I'm a little busy being a good DJ (record shopping, remixing songs etc...) to worry about promoting. If my playing at a location depends on the turnout then the venue better be paying me a shitload of money. Lets do the math...If I bring 50 friends with me who spend between 40-100 a piece at the club that works out to be between 2000-5000 doallars for the club excluding the cover...will I be paid that? Shit no! Are bartenders/bouncers/staff asked to bring their followiongs also? I'm a bit busy being a good DJ to do the promoters job for them. I've probably turned down at least 10 gigs this summer because of that silly question!

2. If you want a mix cd go to cd world and buy one...If you really want to hear me play LIVE come see me DJ at one of my residencies or on the radio...thats the only way to get a realfeel for a DJ's skills...mix cd's are a joke because I just made 3 in about 30 min in the program ACID and you would never be able to tell the difference!~(I only reccomend this method if you can really mix that well in the club...which I can)

So in conclusion...Ive worked with some great promoters both at gay and straight events and I dont wish to offend any legit people out there working hard! When I first started DJing no one ever asked me how many people I could bring or if I had a "following" I got gigs beacuse I played music that the clubs crowd wanted to hear!!!!! Most of the big name DJ's got their break because they were good DJ's not for their "followings":) Maybe I'm old fashion??????? lol

Originally posted by feelgoodshouse

First off all let me give respect out to all the "real" promoters out there working hard in these the darkest of times for the nightclub industry!

1. I've about had it when I get a call or an email asking me to play a venue asking..."how many people can you bring?" or "do you have any demo cd's?" I'm not a promoter although there will always be a small group of people that will come around to hear me play. I'm a little busy being a good DJ (record shopping, remixing songs etc...) to worry about promoting. If my playing at a location depends on the turnout then the venue better be paying me a shitload of money. Lets do the math...If I bring 50 friends with me who spend between 40-100 a piece at the club that works out to be between 2000-5000 doallars for the club excluding the cover...will I be paid that? Shit no! Are bartenders/bouncers/staff asked to bring their followiongs also? I'm a bit busy being a good DJ to do the promoters job for them. I've probably turned down at least 10 gigs this summer because of that silly question!

2. If you want a mix cd go to cd world and buy one...If you really want to hear me play LIVE come see me DJ at one of my residencies or on the radio...thats the only way to get a realfeel for a DJ's skills...mix cd's are a joke because I just made 3 in about 30 min in the program ACID and you would never be able to tell the difference!~(I only reccomend this method if you can really mix that well in the club...which I can)

So in conclusion...Ive worked with some great promoters both at gay and straight events and I dont wish to offend any legit people out there working hard! When I first started DJing no one ever asked me how many people I could bring or if I had a "following" I got gigs beacuse I played music that the clubs crowd wanted to hear!!!!! Most of the big name DJ's got their break because they were good DJ's not for their "followings":) Maybe I'm old fashion??????? lol

Thank you,

Where are your residencies?

Victor Soto

I'd like to hear your music. Hit me off with some information @

djqwest@metromixradio.com

Thanks in advance,

Qwest

Originally posted by feelgoodshouse