Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Subaru Forester XT: 0-60 in 5.3 seconds!

here's an excerpt from car and driver's road test of it:

Most of the smileage was brought on by the 2.5XT's unceasing willingness to make usable torque and to scream across intersections in first gear, which is an extra-deep 3.45:1 (the same as in base Foresters). The boost comes on right now, enhanced by a limited-slip viscous rear differential and 4.44:1 axle ratios, shorter than the 4.11:1 diffs on other Foresters. Also beneficial is a curb weight of only 3289 pounds, 78 more pounds than a no-blower 2.5X we tested in July 2002. The force-fed flat-four's combination of torque, gearing, and weight will get you a blazing 0-to-60 time of 5.3 seconds and a quarter-mile of 13.8 seconds at 97 mph, just 0.3 second slower than an $89,665 Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6854

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Guest jroo

dddddaaaammmmnnnnn, gina!!!!

im kinda pissed that they made a suv/wagon (what is this thing, really?) faster than my rex. but oh well. i wish it wasnt still ugly though.

i wouldn't say its faster than your rex... with gear ratios like that, its topend is pretty limited i would think...

my vette had 3.55's in the rear, and rediculous ratios...

fucking thing could do high 13's with an auto and a 2 broken cylinders... but the top speed was 85mph... and even that was a little too close to the redline...

obviously the forester won't be that bad... but you get the idea...

Guest jroo
Originally posted by joeg

i wouldn't say its faster than your rex... with gear ratios like that, its topend is pretty limited i would think...

my vette had 3.55's in the rear, and rediculous ratios...

fucking thing could do high 13's with an auto and a 2 broken cylinders... but the top speed was 85mph... and even that was a little too close to the redline...

obviously the forester won't be that bad... but you get the idea...

actually its 0-60 is 5.3, my stock rex is 5.6. the set up for the forester has a few more ft lbs of tourqe.

one day i'll be able to do some add ons...

Originally posted by jroo

actually its 0-60 is 5.3, my stock rex is 5.6. the set up for the forester has a few more ft lbs of tourqe.

one day i'll be able to do some add ons...

what about 0-100? and 1/4mi? and anything longer?

0-60 hasn't been an accurate measuring stick for how "fast" a car is since the 70s....

Guest jroo

what about 0-100? and 1/4mi? and anything longer?

0-60 hasn't been an accurate measuring stick for how "fast" a car is since the 70s....

damn, dickhead. fuck, i was trying not to draw attention to this, but yes the quartermile time is faster too. its 13 something, its less than a second slower than the porsche cyannan pepper, i dont think thats the twin turbo pepper though. the forrester uses a different type turbo, IIH or soemthing instead of the IHI that the rex uses. and it has the 2.5L engine. so the sti will still kick its ass, but its got the 2.0 wrx beat. but im still sure that the geometery is set up better on the wrx. and the forrester is still pretty light wieght too. i cant remember the 0-100 times for either of them. but its probably faster there too.

Guest jroo

i dont know the top speed number for the forrester. dont believe what you read about the wrx, i have the 02 model and i read that the wrx is electronicaly limited at 130. ive had mine up to 135 before i ran out of room.

Guest jroo

lol sorry... i didn't know...

thats kinda whack that they made the forrester faster...

i like the STi a lot, though...

yeah, subaru is starting to kick some serious ass and taking names of the rest. i love the sti, i wish i knew it was coming about before i bought my car, i got my rex in jan of 02, brand spanking new. i want to see the B4 that they may or may not come out with, its the turbo legacy. on a side note.

anyone know how easy or hard it would be to get the 2.5L engine into a rex like mine? i would guess that its set up the same way just a different size, any ideas?

Guest jroo

lol sorry... i didn't know...

thats kinda whack that they made the forrester faster...

its also not that they made the forrester faster than the wrx its that they made the forrester better. and thats what matters, i dont think that any genuine enthusiast could be mad at subee for making their car better.